Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #649 of 12,550
Quote:
Just throwing it out there: Deceptive December. This just came out of the air while I was thinking about Santa Claus, not the result from Shower Epiphany©.

You mean like Santa giving someone the sneaky Pete? I don't think that's gonna fly...
ph34r.gif

Nov 12, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #650 of 12,550
between the pole dancers, the ^, the shower scenes, etc. I think it's time to........

wash+mouth.jpg

I like the currawong idea personally. The crow, famous amous, or another idea along that line. Who is the official holder of the voting grid?

Nov 12, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #651 of 12,550
I liked the Doh!cember idea from a few posts up. I also like the Famous Amos and Doomsday December ones, too.

Nov 13, 2012 at 2:16 AM Post #652 of 12,550
Nov 13, 2012 at 2:52 AM Post #654 of 12,550
Quote:
Quote:
Clearly, you don't know him as well as I do... LOL
biggrin.gif

Ambiguity is my friend - plausible deniability.

Not to mention a more interesting persona in general. 
wink.gif

Quote:
I still like my Currawong bird.

Would we do any alterations?  Or should we all have the exact same thing?

Quote:
Mind you I'm still thinking for alliterative themes.

As am I.  Hmm, it's a little geeky, but how about Driver December... where we post pics of our favorite headphone drivers?  Not the cans, just the drivers.  Or we can embed the drivers in other images (like they can be people's eyes, or really as any round object).  No?  Okay, I shall slink into the depths from whence I came. 
smile.gif

Ooh, ooh, I got one!  As you guys may have noticed, our favorite Head-Fier from Sennheiser has been inactive for some time.  This is because he is no longer with Sennheiser, and has moved on.  As a result, his account is now dormant (and will be dormant forevermore).  How about we lay out a tribute to him, as a fond farewell, and do...

DeliveryMan December!

Here's the unifying base image we can work with:

It's all line art, so Photoshop/Gimp skills aren't even required.  Basic Microsoft Paint will do it (ahem Silent One...).  Anyway, just a thought.

Nov 13, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #657 of 12,550
Quote:
DeliveryMan December!

I always forget there are vendor accounts here. I guess that should make me a little weary about posting anything negative about a product, except that I don't really care. If I don't like something, I don't like it, even if it now comes in silver and white color schemes. 
biggrin.gif

I'm still pulling for Doh!cember. I think it would be pretty easily recognizable as a theme (a sudden influx of Homer can't go unnoticed), and of course there's tons of source material to work with. We wouldn't have to all use the same picture, though of course we could if we found a particularly funny or interesting one (the one with the mic and cans isn't bad).

Nov 13, 2012 at 11:31 AM Post #658 of 12,550
I actually like the Homer Simpson one. Its a unifying easily identifiable image with lots of leeway, we don't even need the same image - although that would be even better.

Lets do it. It will be on par with Scotty IMHO.
Quote:
Would we do any alterations?  Or should we all have the exact same thing?

same image with slight variations, same as the current one and the scotty one. But me thinks DOh!cember is better

Quote:

I always forget there are vendor accounts here. I guess that should make me a little weary about posting anything negative about a product, except that I don't really care. If I don't like something, I don't like it, even if it now comes in silver and white color schemes. 
biggrin.gif

I'm still pulling for Doh!cember. I think it would be pretty easily recognizable as a theme (a sudden influx of Homer can't go unnoticed), and of course there's tons of source material to work with. We wouldn't have to all use the same picture, though of course we could if we found a particularly funny or interesting one (the one with the mic and cans isn't bad).

Don't worry you can't get banned for ripping vendors - I refer to AKG as unfinished/incomplete/ half assed all the time. But you should have good reason.

and yes I agree! Homer baby. 

Spider pig oh spider pig

Nov 13, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #659 of 12,550
Doh!cember it is!

Now we just need Homer with a Jordison mask... 
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back