Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 15, 2013 at 11:01 AM Post #3,332 of 12,550
You are making me feel old! I suppose that next you are also going to tell me you don't know what this is... :p

My dad was a toddler according to that year... How do you feel now? :evil:

No I don't know what's that. My engineering self is telling me that's a telephone, the mic is in the other half. Turn to answer. Or something.

Mar 15, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #3,333 of 12,550
My dad was a toddler according to that year... How do you feel now? :evil:

No I don't know what's that. My engineering self is telling me that's a telephone, the mic is in the other half. Turn to answer. Or something.

Open the picture in a separate window, read the address, tadpole,...:rolleyes:

Mar 15, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #3,334 of 12,550
It was called an "AM radio" - it was a magic device that would play music, local sports games and the news - and It did not need to be connected to the internet! This particular model was a dual-purpose design - it was also a piece of fashion jewelry - it was a "bracelet radio" and was intended to be worn around your wrist. It came in many groovy colors and unlike the modern smartphone, the batteries would last for weeks (unless you accidentally left it turned-on). All the really cool 70's teenage girls HAD to have one.

Mar 15, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #3,336 of 12,550
Quote:
Damn my brain!! :O

Oh right, back then telephones still have cords...........................................................

I missed it, too! My first thought was maybe a telephone. 
rolleyes.gif
 Speaking of which, I wouldn't mind getting an authentic classic French telephone from back in the day... say 1930-1960's.

Mar 15, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #3,337 of 12,550
Quote:
It was called an "AM radio" - it was a magic device that would play music, local sports games and the news - and It did not need to be connected to the internet! This particular model was a dual-purpose design - it was also a piece of fashion jewelry - it was a "bracelet radio" and was intended to be worn around your wrist. It came in many groovy colors and unlike the modern smartphone, the batteries would last for weeks (unless you accidentally left it turned-on). All the really cool 70's teenage girls HAD to have one.

lololol 
biggrin.gif

Ooh, we're playing guessing games!  Okay, what's next?

Mar 15, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #3,341 of 12,550
Perhaps, but the discussion brought him back 
wink_face.gif

onto the grid.

Yup - that and Warren telling me that a couple of people had actually noticed I wasn't posting much. I can't disappoint Warren - he gets all sad & gooey...

Mar 16, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #3,343 of 12,550
Quote:
Yup - that and Warren telling me that a couple of people had actually noticed I wasn't posting much. I can't disappoint Warren - he gets all sad & gooey...

I do, I really do. 
redface.gif

Although, technically the people who noticed you weren't posting much did so in a different thread. 
wink.gif

Mar 16, 2013 at 2:09 AM Post #3,344 of 12,550
Seeing that panda made me think of somebody else we haven't heard from in a while.

Mar 16, 2013 at 2:24 AM Post #3,345 of 12,550
Seeing that panda made me think of somebody else we haven't heard from in a while.

He's still here - he posted about an hour ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back