Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 16, 2013 at 2:39 AM Post #3,346 of 12,550
Bowei? I just searched the forum and he hasn't posted in almost two weeks.

Mar 16, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #3,348 of 12,550
When I said "forum" I meant "thread." Grr. Typos. But yeah, I think you might be right. He might have been a bit...busy the past few weeks.

If you're out there bro, let us know! 
biggrin.gif

Mar 16, 2013 at 3:05 AM Post #3,349 of 12,550
Quote:
When I said "forum" I meant "thread." Grr. Typos. But yeah, I think you might be right. He might have been a bit...busy the past few weeks.

biggrin.gif

Surely, if he's in someone's arms... this could take awhile. 

200x200px-ZC-cb88254c_HKsingerKarenMokplantsbamboosinChengduforpandaconservation-Copy.jpeg

Mar 16, 2013 at 6:31 AM Post #3,350 of 12,550
I think he's been a little bummed out recently at not having gotten into the school he wanted... he's a sad panda right now.

Mar 16, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #3,351 of 12,550
>triple meme triangles not on 4chainz.

Mar 16, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #3,352 of 12,550
AND HE SHOWS UP!!

Seeing that panda made me think of somebody else we haven't heard from in a while.

You Rang?

He's still here - he posted about an hour ago.

Yeah. I post every day.

Im a few hundred from overtaking UncleErik so its impossibru

Bowei? I just searched the forum and he hasn't posted in almost two weeks.

In this thread that is :/

biggrin.gif

Finding a mate has been hard :frowning2:
School, games, lollipops, and buttcracks :frowning2:

I think he's been a little bummed out recently at not having gotten into the school he wanted... he's a sad panda right now.

Yeah, im a bit bummed.

Mar 16, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #3,353 of 12,550
So - for the industry you want to enter, how important is the specific school you attend? I can tell you that in my experience (at least in aerospace engineering and IT) the specific school is not very important at all. Sure, you run into specific hiring managers that like to hire people from their alma mater, but there are also lots of managers (like me) that couldn't care less where you got your degree - they are much more interested in *you* - what you know, what you want to do and whether they think you will fit in the organization. School doesn't prepare you to do the job - school prepares you to know *how to learn to do the job* - and how to produce results. I know I'm generalizing - there are also many industries where the school is important - like law, finance, education & politics.

Mar 16, 2013 at 8:09 PM Post #3,354 of 12,550
Quote:
So - for the industry you want to enter, how important is the specific school you attend? I can tell you that in my experience (at least in aerospace engineering and IT) the specific school is not very important at all. Sure, you run into specific hiring managers that like to hire people from their alma mater, but there are also lots of managers (like me) that couldn't care less where you got your degree - they are much more interested in *you* - what you know, what you want to do and whether they think you will fit in the organization. School doesn't prepare you to do the job - school prepares you to know *how to learn to do the job* - and how to produce results. I know I'm generalizing - there are also many industries where the school is important - like law, finance, education & politics.

I talked to some industry insiders, they personally didn't care really as long as it was a state school that was popular or big. 

Yep, that is also what I figured. Plus, my school was in Georgia, and i'm in CT. There is also the factor that I may not be a good long term employee as my blood is up North and thus they may not be able to retain me

I'm looking at state schools and cheap other schools

Scholarships and Financial aid is important to my descision of where I go.

Mar 16, 2013 at 8:15 PM Post #3,355 of 12,550
Yup - I hear you - I went to a state school in California. I've never regretted it, it was a good school and even though it is not large, it was well-respected and I had no trouble getting my first job after graduation (of course this was a million years ago at a time of high-demand). It was also the lowest cost option to get the degree I wanted.

Mar 16, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #3,356 of 12,550
Quote:
Yup - I hear you - I went to a state school in California. I've never regretted it, it was a good school and even though it is not large, it was well-respected and I had no trouble getting my first job after graduation (of course this was a million years ago at a time of high-demand). It was also the lowest cost option to get the degree I wanted.

BillyBobJoe, I wish that was the case for me :frowning2:

I'm thinking of my State University, the respected state university of the state next to mine or a few others

currently I got accepted to:
University of Connecticut (Storrs Main Campus)
University of Massachusetts (Amherst)
Virginia Polytechnical Institute of Technology (Virginia Tech)
Central Connecticut State University

and am waiting for
Stevens Institute of Technology 
Worcester Polytechnical Institute 

Mar 16, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #3,357 of 12,550
What's your major? I really think any of those would be fine schools. The are so many good schools in the Northeast - I think you can't go wrong staying in your own backyard.

Mar 16, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #3,359 of 12,550
Quote:
Quote:
What's your major? I really think any of those would be fine schools. The are so many good schools in the Northeast - I think you can't go wrong staying in your own backyard.

Electrical Computer Engineering.

Don't want to give University of California San Diego (UCSD) a try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back