Mar 14, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #3,302 of 12,550
Is that the once heralded 8-Track Tape?

If you have to ask, then you are too young to worry about it. :p

But, yup - that's the mythical beast.

Mar 14, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #3,303 of 12,550
Quote:
Quote:
Is that the once heralded 8-Track Tape?

If you have to ask, then you are too young to worry about it.
tongue.gif

But, yup - that's the mythical beast.

It's just that I was sailing through head-fi - speedily, as I'm headed over to Baskin-Robbins to p/u an ice-cream cake - the image stopped me as cold 
tongue_smile.gif
as the aforementioned cake! At first glance, I mistook it for a ID badge of some sort...

Mar 14, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #3,304 of 12,550
Jeez, I had a *pile* of 8-tracks. A friend of mine had one of the few 8-track recorders, and we put all our albums on 8-track for our cars. Saved us a ton of money, but the sound quality was horrible. The wow & flutter was VERY audible - but that was usually drowned out by the engine whine and electrical noise from hooking the 8-track player & "power booster" amps into the car's electrical system and not having a clue what we were doing. But hey, it was 1977 - everyone else's car stereo sounded just as bad as ours, so we were cool! :cool:

Mar 15, 2013 at 1:50 AM Post #3,306 of 12,550
For some odd reason, the above now reminds me of Chesky (David). In other news, despite rushing down to BR for an ice-cream cake (I was simply in the mood tonight, after watching college hoops ALL day), my departure was faster than my arrival!

They had absolutely nuthin' I wanted even if I had been granted 
frown.gif
a discount. We no like no Chocolate Mint, Oreo, Blue Smurf and all other kinds of bizarre looking cakes. I like simple elegance - I want my cake light in colour, flavour but 
evil_smiley.gif
decadent. 

It wasn't really a waste of Petrol, apparently I needed to get outta the house... two nights of cancelled listening sessions due to congestion.

Mar 15, 2013 at 2:38 AM Post #3,307 of 12,550
Quote:
For some odd reason, the above now reminds me of Chesky (David). In other news, despite rushing down to BR for an ice-cream cake (I was simply in the mood tonight, after watching college hoops ALL day), my departure was faster than my arrival!

They had absolutely nuthin' I wanted even if I had been granted 
frown.gif
a discount. We no like no Chocolate Mint, Oreo, Blue Smurf and all other kinds of bizarre looking cakes. I like simple elegance - I want my cake light in colour, flavour but 
evil_smiley.gif
decadent. 

It wasn't really a waste of Petrol, apparently I needed to get outta the house... two nights of cancelled listening sessions due to congestion.

No Chocolate Mint? 
eek.gif
 I'm so disappointed.....
wink.gif

Chocolate Mint ice cream with a little bit of  Crème de menthe drizzled over it, so scrumptious! 
smile.gif

Mar 15, 2013 at 3:46 AM Post #3,310 of 12,550
Quote:Achmedisdead
Quote: jgrey91
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Oh, and: Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

pineapple sorbet.

Pistacchio gelato with chinotto.

Azuki bean ice cream

kæstur hákarl

Beets,...raw BEETS!!!

Spaghetti

Gefilte Fish

Forum pyramid, we meet again.

Chocolate Mint ice cream with a little bit of  Crème de menthe drizzled over it, so scrumptious! 
smile.gif

Fixed....

Mar 15, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #3,311 of 12,550
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

pineapple sorbet.

Azuki bean ice cream

kæstur hákarl

Beets,...raw BEETS!!!

Spaghetti

Gefilte Fish

smile.gif

Fixed....

Champagne gelatin, with a breathtaking concoction of lightly powdered peach and savory plum sauce sprinkled on top.
when it comes to food I shall never lose

Mar 15, 2013 at 4:08 AM Post #3,312 of 12,550
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

pineapple sorbet.

Azuki bean ice cream

kæstur hákarl

Beets,...raw BEETS!!!

Spaghetti

Gefilte Fish

smile.gif

Fixed....

Champagne gelatin, with a breathtaking concoction of lightly powdered peach and savory plum sauce sprinkled on top.
when it comes to food I shall never lose

An Ol' Fashion Hot Southern Peach Cobblah w/Custard or French Vanilla Ice-cream A-la mode.

Mar 15, 2013 at 4:11 AM Post #3,313 of 12,550
Quote:
Quote:
Well then... we're not having cake. 
wink.gif

Hey I come home after a hard day's work of slaying mythical creatures and saving the world from impending doom, I expect some goshdarn cake.

Preferably pineapple.

Expectations? Ok, you're number 476... "Now serving number 23!" 
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 15, 2013 at 4:20 AM Post #3,314 of 12,550
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
wink.gif

Hey I come home after a hard day's work of slaying mythical creatures and saving the world from impending doom, I expect some goshdarn cake.

Preferably pineapple.

evil_smiley.gif

Screw it I'll just order something on Amazon and be done with it. Faster than this noise :frowning2:
...unless we're counting by increments of 151 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 15, 2013 at 4:40 AM Post #3,315 of 12,550
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
wink.gif

Preferably pineapple.

evil_smiley.gif

Screw it I'll just order something on Amazon and be done with it. Faster than this noise :frowning2:
...unless we're counting by increments of 151 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Yeah, you're deserving. If not for your service - slaying mythical creatures - so the rest of us won't have to, none of us would be delighting in pie, cake or other. 
wink_face.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back