Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #2,461 of 12,550
We all had a bit of fun with the name. Too much, as I remember, as the initial thread was either deleted or locked, and a stern warning was issued the next time the Wangs popped up.

Jan 27, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #2,462 of 12,550
How about Fanny Wang February? Or has everybody completely forgotten about them? I remember when they first started and everybody thought they were a myth. Now everybody and their ugly cousin has a Beatsish-looking model. I seem to remember Monster tried to sue them for their design and lost, so FW was technically the first of many companies to ape that aesthetic.

I seem to remember Ishcabible was the first one of us to get a review unit, and that he said they weren't quite as bad as you might expect.

How about... wait for it... we just extend Jude January and just put Fanny Wang on the current avatars?

Jan 27, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #2,466 of 12,550
February is "Canned Food" month, as well as "Children's Dental Health" month.

Just sayin'...

Jan 27, 2013 at 2:30 AM Post #2,469 of 12,550
Here are some choices:

And My Personal favorite (had to edit to stay out of trouble)...

Jan 27, 2013 at 2:30 AM Post #2,470 of 12,550
faye_wong_2.jpg

Missing piece of next month's puzzle?

Jan 27, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #2,474 of 12,550
I'm not really into the cute girl thing to be honest. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and therefore no matter who you pick they're not going to be to everybody's liking. And if you just make it "pick a random girl you like" month, it'd be difficult to tell from just looking at a thread that people are involved in a theme.

Plus, call me old fashioned, but beauty for me is more than skin deep. I don't even know who any of the people who have been posted throughout this thread (and all over Head-Fi in general) are because I've never had much interest in models, actresses, or any of these sorts of people, and if I listen to somebody's music, half the time I don't even know what they look like. (And, in the case of Phil Collins, I'd like to forget 
eek.gif
).

I know lots of folks admire beauty, and that's absolutely great. It's just not really my thing.

I'm not trying to be a party pooper or anything, nor am I judging anybody. I know that there hasn't exactly been an idea that has swept us all off our feet yet, and it's not like I've got some brilliant suggestion at the moment. I'm just sort of thinking out loud (or in type).

P.S. Nobody caught my double entendre yet?

We all had a bit of fun with the name. Too much, as I remember, as the initial thread was either deleted or locked, and a stern warning was issued the next time the Wangs popped up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back