Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2013 at 5:08 AM Post #2,476 of 12,550
So far the top 3 are (in no order):
Fuhrer February
Freddie February
Fantastic Failbruary

I think we should make it a law that beats symbolism is not used, I have mentioned it before, its because we don't want noobs taking it out of context and thinking we actually like that crap.

Quote:
Fuhrer February in recognition of Jude's strong hold on this website.

That could be fun, lots of nazi symbolism to play with, and a few images of Jude. But I think he may take it the wrong way, or it may be bad publicity for the website. The latter being the bigger problem. Will have to ask him.

Quote:
This +1000. Photoshop a Freddie with some Beats on = timeless.

I think adapting avatars to people/personalities is usually more attractive than doing so to concepts (not a lot of noobvember adapters compared to the Currawong and Jude winter festivities). IMO. Not a lot of head-fi personalities starting with F in their usernames though. 

Well not the beats, but I completely agree with a person/personality being the focus of the theme, all the successful themes were personality based. So we should stick to it.

INNERFIDELITY FEBRUARY!

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #2,477 of 12,550
Quote:
I'm not really into the cute girl thing to be honest. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and therefore no matter who you pick they're not going to be to everybody's liking. And if you just make it "pick a random girl you like" month, it'd be difficult to tell from just looking at a thread that people are involved in a theme.

Plus, call me old fashioned, but beauty for me is more than skin deep. I don't even know who any of the people who have been posted throughout this thread (and all over Head-Fi in general) are because I've never had much interest in models, actresses, or any of these sorts of people, and if I listen to somebody's music, half the time I don't even know what they look like. (And, in the case of Phil Collins, I'd like to forget 
eek.gif
).

I know lots of folks admire beauty, and that's absolutely great. It's just not really my thing.

I'm not trying to be a party pooper or anything, nor am I judging anybody. I know that there hasn't exactly been an idea that has swept us all off our feet yet, and it's not like I've got some brilliant suggestion at the moment. I'm just sort of thinking out loud (or in type).

It doesn't to be a pretty girl by any means. And by "cute" I would mean it not as something one would personally find cute, but someone that fits the standardized criteria of "cuteness" that most would associate the term with (whether it be small-faced asian girls, deathly moe characters, etc). It'd make for an interesting concept to implement, would be easy to integrate and to customize, and as long as people stick with one girl in particular, I wouldn't see how it would be confusing.

Again, it'd be more focusing on the concepts of "that girl" (or just "that person" if we were to stick to the personality thing) rather than anything else. We're not judges on a beauty panel or anything, so the superficial aspect of it is pretty moot.

I could also make the argument that Jude is as pretty as any of the girls we'd throw out here :D

Quote:
Fidelio February -  Everyone posts a pic of themselves or some other victim wearing a Philips Fidelio L1 headphone.

Oh, they're not that bad....

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #2,479 of 12,550
Quote:

Inner-Fidelibruary?

Sounds good to me. We've honored Currawong and Jude. Now it's time to honor the guy who's responsible for the headphone hobby itself (by some accounts), and there's no month that begins with "T" so this is the best opportunity.

Just to really get his goat, we should Photoshop Grados on Tyll. I know he hates them so. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #2,480 of 12,550
Or "Freestyle february" where we try to find the most creative way to work "TMAC" into an avatar.

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #2,481 of 12,550
Quote:

Sounds good to me. We've honored Currawong and Jude. Now it's time to honor the guy who's responsible for the headphone hobby itself (by some accounts), and there's no month that begins with "T" so this is the best opportunity.

Just to really get his goat, we should Photoshop Grados on Tyll. I know he hates them so. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Now that is funny! I like it.
beerchug.gif

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #2,487 of 12,550
Jan 27, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #2,489 of 12,550
Quote:
The second one looks a little like the earlier mentioned "Flatulant February" (no offense 
biggrin.gif
)

That one's a classic. Ultrasone might not quite be happy with that review, but I will say this. Whereas before I had very little interest, now I want to listen to an Edition 10, just to see if my reaction is anything like Tyll's. So that's at least one more person who's interested in an Ultrasone product, even if it's a twisted sort of curiosity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back