Thebit OPUS#2 Dap - out September/October 2016.
Jan 9, 2018 at 11:32 PM Post #886 of 1,185
Hi George, i am glad you are enjoying the Opus 2. Possible for you to take a picture of the Opus 2 with the EN700 Bass and SoundPEATS Q29? Cheers!

I hope this is ok.

Opus#2 with EN700 Bass.

3F873C95-D99C-4F82-94C3-5907A30BC76B.jpeg

Jan 13, 2018 at 7:21 AM Post #888 of 1,185
Oh yeah?

Opus #0

(just nothing) crickets..

Anyway, I've been giving lots of time on my #2 for portable use out of my Andro. Love this baby. He he

Lots of jazz has been played out of it lately. I also love listening to electronic genre out of it as well.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #892 of 1,185
It should be available for order straight from Opus
Hi,
Thanks for the reply .
I did not see anything listed on there website .
I left an email for them and hope to hear back .
I would like to hook up the Opus 2 to my Sennheiser HVDA 600 Amplifier to drive the Sennheiser 800 headphones .
It sure would be interesting to hear the Opus 2 with full size headphones.

Jan 14, 2018 at 8:47 PM Post #893 of 1,185
Hi,
Thanks for the reply .
I did not see anything listed on there website .
I left an email for them and hope to hear back .
I would like to hook up the Opus 2 to my Sennheiser HVDA 600 Amplifier to drive the Sennheiser 800 headphones .

I tried them single ended with HD600 when I visited AVstore and quite liked the pairing! :smile_phones:

People there really liked the looks of Opus #2 and there's a chance more Opus devices might come to Romania!

Jan 17, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #896 of 1,185

I've been listening to HEKv2, Utopia, Ether Flow, HE-560 & HD-6xx from my Opus#2.

I was thrilled with the P2/Utopia combination. I think the Opus#2 might be a tad brighter, maybe leading to a slightly fatiguing sound with the Utopias, but I'd really have to A/B with the P2 to come to a firmer opinion. Unfortunately, my Plenue 2 is in Korea being repaired (loose/sloppy 2.5mm jack) so I can't compare. Could also end up being 'too close to tell the difference'.

Note all this listening is done via short (4 or 5 feet) 2.5mm TRRS terminated balanced cables for use with DAPs. I've got a 4-pin XLR to female 2.5 extension which I use out of the Violectric amp.

I could compare the Opus#2/headphone combinations with the sound out of my desktop rig (Sonica DAC > v280, balanced interconnects). Any particular pairings of interest?

Jan 17, 2018 at 6:42 PM Post #897 of 1,185
The Opus#2 is my reference DAP. It has an excellent sound quality. The only issue I have with the Opus#2 is it requires a hell of a lot of volume to drive some, not all, full size headphones.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2018 at 3:25 AM Post #898 of 1,185
How and what the streaming service plays, it's really handled by the DAC, or everything is chased through android? Does Opus 2 allow to save the offline records of Tidal, Spotify?

Is there an implementation of MQA in Opus?

Jan 18, 2018 at 7:26 AM Post #899 of 1,185
How and what the streaming service plays, it's really handled by the DAC, or everything is chased through android? Does Opus 2 allow to save the offline records of Tidal, Spotify?

Is there an implementation of MQA in Opus?

Yes, all sound signals are handled by the DAC, as there is no other component capable of transforming the digital signals into analogue ones.

I think it allows you to save offline files for both

I have no idea about MQA, from the 30 albums available in MQA, I don't think I listen to any of them. You can always stream the normal version of an MQA file though

Jan 18, 2018 at 7:33 AM Post #900 of 1,185
Yes, all sound signals are handled by the DAC, as there is no other component capable of transforming the digital signals into analogue ones.

I think it allows you to save offline files for both

I have no idea about MQA, from the 30 albums available in MQA, I don't think I listen to any of them. You can always stream the normal version of an MQA file though
George test offline with your unit..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back