Thebit OPUS#2 Dap - out September/October 2016.
Jan 18, 2018 at 7:55 AM Post #901 of 1,185
George test offline with your unit..

Still don't have Tidal or Spotify to test actually. I've installed a few things on top though.

Then it cannot save offline, good to know.

Since both Tidal and Spotify have a limited list of artists, especially when it comes to J-Rock, J-Pop and Anime based music, I haven't felt compelled to get either...

Jan 18, 2018 at 8:43 PM Post #902 of 1,185
I've been listening to HEKv2, Utopia, Ether Flow, HE-560 & HD-6xx from my Opus#2.

I was thrilled with the P2/Utopia combination. I think the Opus#2 might be a tad brighter, maybe leading to a slightly fatiguing sound with the Utopias, but I'd really have to A/B with the P2 to come to a firmer opinion. Unfortunately, my Plenue 2 is in Korea being repaired (loose/sloppy 2.5mm jack) so I can't compare. Could also end up being 'too close to tell the difference'.

Note all this listening is done via short (4 or 5 feet) 2.5mm TRRS terminated balanced cables for use with DAPs. I've got a 4-pin XLR to female 2.5 extension which I use out of the Violectric amp.

I could compare the Opus#2/headphone combinations with the sound out of my desktop rig (Sonica DAC > v280, balanced interconnects). Any particular pairings of interest?
Hi,

Could you tell me where you got the 4 or 5 foot balanced cable ?
I have tried the Grado PS1000 headphones with the Opus 2 . Grado are so efficient it's easy to get good sound from the Opus 2 without an additional amp .
The only problem with Grado headphones is you need absolute silence in the room to listen to them, they pick up all room noises, and outside noises !

Jan 18, 2018 at 8:56 PM Post #903 of 1,185
Hi,

Could you tell me where you got the 4 or 5 foot balanced cable ?
I have tried the Grado PS1000 headphones with the Opus 2 . Grado are so efficient it's easy to get good sound from the Opus 2 without an additional amp .
The only problem with Grado headphones is you need absolute silence in the room to listen to them, they pick up all room noises, and outside noises !

HifiMan from Lavricables, Utopia & HD-6xx from LQI cables, Ether Flow had balanced cable included when I purchased it second-hand.

Also, I've purchased lots of custom cables from Triton Audio Cables -- reasonable prices, fast turn-around and excellent service overall.

Jan 19, 2018 at 2:37 AM Post #904 of 1,185
Yes, all sound signals are handled by the DAC, as there is no other component capable of transforming the digital signals into analogue ones.

I think it allows you to save offline files for both

I have no idea about MQA, from the 30 albums available in MQA, I don't think I listen to any of them. You can always stream the normal version of an MQA file though
Cool

Can you post a pic of your Opus#2 playing MQA, please george.

Jan 19, 2018 at 7:03 AM Post #905 of 1,185
Cool

Can you post a pic of your Opus#2 playing MQA, please george.

Just for you, Damon

It is not MQA, but it is Opus #2

mzknHER.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2018 at 7:34 AM Post #906 of 1,185
I have taken some photos of Opus #2 playing non-MQA files for you Damon, though

@ExpatinJapan

Bloody upload rates in Romania are not great, so you had to wait.

I still will not post MQA files, I dislike the concept since there is almost nothing I listen to typically available in MQA

rS7mDYG.jpg

9Ed8oAB.png

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2018 at 8:22 AM Post #912 of 1,185
Nope, it is something a friend has taught me to like a while ago and to which I am taking a personal liking more and more :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I am thinking maybe you should review watches...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back