Thebit OPUS#2 Dap - out September/October 2016.
Aug 7, 2017 at 11:54 PM Post #616 of 1,185
20170808_124847[1].jpg

Yet another piece of gear that sounds it's best balanced.

Last night in SE was alright...not floored. I was on pain meds though :wink:
Balanced? Now we talking .

Pinky, while in your territory I will respect the local customs :wink:

Aug 8, 2017 at 5:57 AM Post #618 of 1,185
If DX200 can be at Opus #2 level, that would be something. Opus #2 uniqueness is that it is fine, fast, solid and while still retaining some of the musicality tonal body, and for the price, that really is something. I never heard the DX200, but if that is the case, then very impressive

Aug 8, 2017 at 6:07 AM Post #619 of 1,185
If DX200 can be at Opus #2 level, that would be something. Opus #2 uniqueness is that it is fine, fast, solid and while still retaining some of the musicality tonal body, and for the price, that really is something. I never heard the DX200, but if that is the case, then very impressive

I'll have DX200 and will be able to compare it with Opus #3 very soon! I got to say, Opus #3 impressed me quite a lot so far, but I'm looking forward to hearing DX200 and how it sounds in comparison!

Aug 8, 2017 at 6:39 AM Post #620 of 1,185

Yet another piece of gear that sounds it's best balanced.

Last night in SE was alright...not floored. I was on pain meds though :wink:
Balanced? Now we talking .

Pinky, while in your territory I will respect the local customs :wink:

By the way... DD Audio is sending out the DXB-04 for review. Thanks for the recommendation.

Aug 8, 2017 at 7:03 AM Post #621 of 1,185
By the way... DD Audio is sending out the DXB-04 for review. Thanks for the recommendation.
20170808_195355[1].jpg

Oh this beater?

Yeah, it cost almost nada and took the Beyer T1 (too bright ) and Sony Z7 (decay is too fast on every note) off my head, and I got a mogami balanced and PETEREK balanced for it.

Took the drivers out to see a wood cup with no damp material and 3 port holes for tuning. Had to use a balance slider to figure which side was left and right but ....listening to the Rumours DSD right now and it is pretty f'ing dope
Enjoy!

Aug 8, 2017 at 7:10 AM Post #622 of 1,185

Oh this beater?

Yeah, it cost almost nada and took the Beyer T1 (too bright ) and Sony Z7 (decay is too fast on every note) off my head, and I got a mogami balanced and PETEREK balanced for it.

Took the drivers out to see a wood cup with no damp material and 3 port holes for tuning. Had to use a balance slider to figure which side was left and right but ....listening to the Rumours DSD right now and it is pretty f'ing dope
Enjoy!
Sounds incredible?...I believe I may have to try those. What cable is included?

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2017 at 7:36 AM Post #623 of 1,185
Sounds incredible...

It does.

Pair with OPUS #2 very well (balanced). I am recharging the #2 cuz I drained the battery today, mostly with DD. Bought for novelty ( Same company provided subwoofers for my competition audio set-up) woulda kept them for nostalgia even if they sucked. They turned out to be pretty cherry sweet. I dig the look the sound, the nostalgia.

Bought for the bass list. Pumped a iDSD BL in turbo mode into it and it would not distort but soft pads eat the vibe so no list.
Bass actually not elevated, mids not recessed or in my face<<<<<That is the whole world right there. Treble is matching to master. T1 too bright to evaluate stuff, Z7 too warm. DD just right.

I would love Brooko to get a set and measure em'

Aug 8, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #625 of 1,185
Last edited:
Aug 11, 2017 at 12:45 AM Post #627 of 1,185
Looks like I'm joining the club, Opus #2 on the way! A couple of questions please;

I currently use a LH Labs GO2Pro SE feeding a Cavelli LC using the balanced XLR inputs. I have a WyWyres adapter using both headphone outputs, the TRS is only for picking up and splitting the ground. Is this the same for Opus #2 (except for 2.5mm TRRS)?

Is the TRRS wiring pattern for Opus #2 the same as AK DAPs: R-, R+, L+, L- ?

I'm guessing I need a 3.5mm TRRS to 2.5mm TRRS adapter (prefer not retermin ating my 3.5mm TRRS phone cables/adaptors yet). Some how the short WyWyres adaptor seems clumsy on a LC/Opus combo - need a longer tether. Any suggestions for adaptor, tether or both?

9934864_l.jpg
9934863_l.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #630 of 1,185
I just heard WM1A guys and got so upset how better it's in comparing to #2. ;(

That's interesting... Well, everyone will have their opinion, that much is true for every single thing, some people are looking for other things when listening, glad youy found something you like better now.

I found #3 to be much on par with my tastes than 1Z, and #2 is supposed to be even better than #3 :darthsmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back