thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
May 17, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #4,036 of 4,190
This probably isn't your problem, but I'll say it anyway: if your SD cards are nearly full, it may take your PC a while to read them and recognize them. Perhaps once you connect your Opus to your PC walk away for a couple of minutes to let your computer "see" the devices?

Also, have you tried removing the SD cards and connecting them directly to your PC and then adding/ deleting music directly? That may work if the read/ write problem is with your player itself. Of course, the rub here is your Opus would need to re-read your SD card(s) every time you insert them.

Other than that, I got nothin', sorry.
Thanks. I'll try your suggestions next time I'm at home.

May 25, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #4,038 of 4,190
How to open Opus#1, anyone?
It’s not possible. A special tool is required. You will have to send the DAP to The Bit facilities.

May 25, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #4,039 of 4,190
It’s not possible. A special tool is required. You will have to send the DAP to The Bit facilities.

No one knows what this mysterious tool is, where to get it, or how to use it?

May 25, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #4,040 of 4,190
I have no idea. I was able to see two thin line holes on the back of the DAP, just in the edge of the left side of the dark part, but I don’t really know if these thin holes are made for dismounting purposes.

May 25, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #4,041 of 4,190

This guy does...
angle-grinder-man-1.jpg

Jun 2, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #4,042 of 4,190
A few posts back I wrote of my Opus#1's issues when connected to a Windows10 PC and trying to copy music files to it (post #4034). Now the DAP will not play any music files from Slot 2. Both TF card icons are shown in the top notification panel, and both cards are shown in the Folder view and also in the Android Storage settings. However, the card does not show any information (albums) in the Artist or Album view. Clicking on the album icon (with correctly displayed album art) in Folder view just cycles back to the first available album listed by the software-not the selected track. All works OK with music on internal storage and Slot 1. I'm thinking Slot 2 is no longer working. I have done a couple of Factory Resets and DB Initialzes along with unmounting/remounting the cards. Finally reformatted the card for Slot 2, copied all files on to in and Opus still will not read it. Any suggestions for troubleshooting further? Thanks! Charlie

Jun 18, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #4,043 of 4,190
Bit of a long shot, I just got an Opus #1. After setting it up clean and loading my music I've been listening for a while today and the sound is just terrible. The balance is shifted to the left and it produces minimal sound through my right earphone. There is also zero separation present and everything is coming through the "middle". I've checked my IEMs by using them on my phone, laptop and ipod and they are still working fine. I've set the gain to high and checked any other settings. I'm at a loss now though.

Anybody else had anything similar that they could perhaps help me out with?

Jun 18, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #4,044 of 4,190
Bit of a long shot, I just got an Opus #1. After setting it up clean and loading my music I've been listening for a while today and the sound is just terrible. The balance is shifted to the left and it produces minimal sound through my right earphone. There is also zero separation present and everything is coming through the "middle". I've checked my IEMs by using them on my phone, laptop and ipod and they are still working fine. I've set the gain to high and checked any other settings. I'm at a loss now though.

Try going into settings/ audio output /balance and check what it's set to

Jun 18, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #4,045 of 4,190
Double checked that again and the balance is in the middle. If I make the balance 100% to the right basically the whole sound gets muted. Also there is a red light coming from inside the headphone jack?

Jun 18, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #4,046 of 4,190

It sounds like the same thing as mine... I bought mine pre-used and couldn't return it, but made it usable by using a combination of the balanced outs but with a common ground from the unbalanced 3.5 socket. Not for the faint hearted. If you have the option, return it, or if not - and you can solder - I can give you more details.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #4,047 of 4,190
It sounds like the same thing as mine... I bought mine pre-used and couldn't return it, but made it usable by using a combination of the balanced outs but with a common ground from the unbalanced 3.5 socket. Not for the faint hearted. If you have the option, return it, or if not - and you can solder - I can give you more details.

Damn, that sucks so much. I got mine used from a fellow head fi member. Just arrived last night, I've gotten in touch with him as well. I googled a ton and nobody seemed to have any issues like mine apart from yourself. I don't have any experience with soldering unfortunately.

Jun 18, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #4,048 of 4,190
Damn, that sucks so much. I got mine used from a fellow head fi member. Just arrived last night, I've gotten in touch with him as well. I googled a ton and nobody seemed to have any issues like mine apart from yourself. I don't have any experience with soldering unfortunately.

I think he owes you a refund.

Jun 18, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #4,049 of 4,190
Double checked that again and the balance is in the middle. If I make the balance 100% to the right basically the whole sound gets muted. Also there is a red light coming from inside the headphone jack?

Just to be sure, you tried reinserting your head phone's plug to make sure it was in all the way and seated well? While you were in SETTINGS, did you check that your output was not set to BALANCED? On mine that mutes the 3.5mm output jack, but it might be different on yours. One last idea: have you tried a different pair of head phones with your Opus #1? My son had a pair of IEMs that had a defective 3.5mm plug, the spacing between the tip, ring and sleeve wasn't right so it didn't connect with his phone properly.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back