thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Jun 19, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #4,066 of 4,190
That does sound like what I was going to try. Should I instead get an actual balanced cable for my IEMs instead of an adaptor?

You can go from single ended output to a balanced cable with the correct adapter but never the other way around. With the cheap price of good quality balanced cables these days you might as well get one if your IEM's have detachable cables.

Edit: corrected error in my original post.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #4,068 of 4,190
Aloha everyone, returned the adaptor and the balanced cable just came in. Got a **** one from amazon as that was the fastest delivery. The balanced port is working just fine and I can breathe a sigh of relief. Though I may try to ask for compensation for the cost of the balanced cable, still disappointed that I can't use my normal 3.5mm cable with the device but at this point I'm just relieved that it's working. Thank you all for the help!

Jun 20, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #4,069 of 4,190
Aloha everyone, returned the adaptor and the balanced cable just came in. Got a **** one from amazon as that was the fastest delivery. The balanced port is working just fine and I can breathe a sigh of relief. Though I may try to ask for compensation for the cost of the balanced cable, still disappointed that I can't use my normal 3.5mm cable with the device but at this point I'm just relieved that it's working. Thank you all for the help!

Really pleased to hear that ! I hope you're pleased with the sound after all this worry. Can't think why you wouldn't be...

Jun 20, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #4,074 of 4,190
You're both right. I'm still waiting on the seller to respond to my refund request.

Maybe you will have to contact paypal or your credit card for help. I would think though that the seller would not want to damage his headfi trader feedback.

Jun 30, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #4,078 of 4,190
Is there any method to remove back cover and replace battery? I would also need to replace the 2.5mm jack if possible.

I didn't try, but was told by The Bit that they need to do it in their shop, so off to Korea mine went. Mailing took longer than the service, so it wasn't bad.

Nov 6, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #4,080 of 4,190
i doubt opus is still on business, theyre dead imo. i have sent them several emails, and no response from them yet, and its been already 1 month.. im im plann to have my opus1s battery replaced. but im glad i found a seller from aliexpress selling opus1s compatible battery, it is slightly smaller than the original but it packs 5000mah.. and is working good..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back