thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Feb 22, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #4,006 of 4,190
my opus 1 has a bit of screen defect and im guessing the battery starts to die off, anyone knows what is the cheapest way to fix it?
I’m afraid you will need to send the DAP to The Bit, since it requires special tools to open it.

Feb 22, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #4,007 of 4,190
I’m afraid you will need to send the DAP to The Bit, since it requires special tools to open it.

An Allen wrench is all that you need to open it up, my Opus #2 had three of the four come loose, so I tightened them. But I would also recommend sending the #1 in for service. If it is under warranty, they may replace it for free or a cost. Otherwise, the #1s is a good option if you want to stay with Opus. Or a used #2...

Feb 22, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #4,008 of 4,190
An Allen wrench is all that you need to open it up, my Opus #2 had three of the four come loose, so I tightened them. But I would also recommend sending the #1 in for service. If it is under warranty, they may replace it for free or a cost. Otherwise, the #1s is a good option if you want to stay with Opus. Or a used #2...

The OPUS#1 has no screws like OPUS#2.

Feb 25, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #4,009 of 4,190
Hi to all.
I am Opus #1 user for about two years. Yesterday i found some problems with my Opus.
First thing - player stops working when i listening to the music, a popup window appears "Unfortunately, the AudioPlayer application has been stopped"

LAJn4Ra.jpg

Second thing is when i try to use my Opus as DAC connected to my notebook. Sometimes it plays sound, sometimes not. Sometimes stops playing sound after few minutes.
I try to reset, buy it doesn't help. Any suggestions?

Feb 25, 2019 at 3:03 PM Post #4,010 of 4,190
Hi to all.
I am Opus #1 user for about two years. Yesterday i found some problems with my Opus.
First thing - player stops working when i listening to the music, a popup window appears "Unfortunately, the AudioPlayer application has been stopped"

The player error is fairly common AFAIK- happens to me rarely but doesn't seem to cause any issues after it is acknowledged (IIRC in the past it just caused music to stop and then reset the track shuffle playlist).

Did USB DAC work for you before now? Has never worked properly for me (slightly better on Android than Win7.. recently replaced my computer so I need to try again), I think a few others have mentioned issues). The original cable that came with Op1 had fewer breakup issues for me, though still not usable.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2019 at 4:59 AM Post #4,011 of 4,190
Hi, about the player - i had this error for the first time.
About DAC - it never works perfect until the end of the improvement, because often when watching YouTube, the sound had a different speed than the picture. However, it has never been the case to stop playing.

Mar 15, 2019 at 3:28 AM Post #4,013 of 4,190
Hi everyone,

I have just picked up the Opus #1 Metal version, just wondering what IEM's I should be looking into getting that pair well with this DAP? (This will be my first IEM's, i currently own Senn HD6xx as my desktop solution) any suggestions in a few price ranges that i should look into? (E.g. $100 and under, $500 and under, $1000 and under, etc)

Thanks

Mar 15, 2019 at 7:24 AM Post #4,014 of 4,190
Congratulations on picking up this fine Gear! 0the best sound I've heard that unit is with Oriolus Mk2 with Ares, II cable. Just breathtaking
Close behind is IMR R1 with same cable. or new Zenith model with that cable Moondrop Kanera is all around budget iem that after 100hrs burn in is fanTastic first two suggestions with balanced 2.5 cable. Not an IEM but best sound is Nighthawk Owl closed headphone which is amazing pairing
At 299$ that combo takes you to sonic Paradise were 700 when they first came out. enjoy!

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #4,015 of 4,190
Perhaps this has been addressed already: my Opus #1 turns off when I disconnect it from USB power. Does anyone else have that problem? Is my battery dead? Can it be replaced? I'd like to get the problem fixed as my player isn't very portable if I have to carry a USB charger and extension cord around... :)

Mar 21, 2019 at 4:54 AM Post #4,016 of 4,190
Perhaps this has been addressed already: my Opus #1 turns off when I disconnect it from USB power. Does anyone else have that problem? Is my battery dead? Can it be replaced? I'd like to get the problem fixed as my player isn't very portable if I have to carry a USB charger and extension cord around... :)
i have the same problem sometimes! but idk how to fix it or figure whats wrong

Mar 27, 2019 at 11:10 PM Post #4,017 of 4,190

Here is what I received from Opus support:

Dear. Sir.

I think it's time to replace the product's battery.
The symptom is probably due to the old battery.
The battery replacement cost is US$ 39.8

It should be repaired in Korea. There is no other way.
If you send it to our service center in Korea, we’ll check it
After you send the product, reply to your address, phone number and tracking number.

Please send opus except for SD card or leather case.

TheBit co., Ltd.
Room no. 504, Yucheon Factopia, 30 Jeonpa-ro, Manan-gu,
Anyang-si, Gyeonggi-do, Republic of Korea (14086)
Tel : +8228620485
Attn : A/S manager

Apr 14, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #4,018 of 4,190
I wasn't using the #1 for a while, recently came back to it and realised I can't access the playlist menu properly. Every time I hit the the menu button, it shows the current song genre, composer, pathname, file info but I can't get to the interface where I can choose my albums and songs...

Apr 14, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #4,019 of 4,190
I wasn't using the #1 for a while, recently came back to it and realised I can't access the playlist menu properly. Every time I hit the the menu button, it shows the current song genre, composer, pathname, file info but I can't get to the interface where I can choose my albums and songs...

Several people in this tread have mentioned that problem. If I remember correctly, it is touchscreen failure, requires repair by Opus.

Apr 14, 2019 at 4:10 PM Post #4,020 of 4,190
Here is what I received from Opus support:

Dear. Sir.

I think it's time to replace the product's battery.
The symptom is probably due to the old battery.
The battery replacement cost is US$ 39.8

It should be repaired in Korea. There is no other way.
If you send it to our service center in Korea, we’ll check it
After you send the product, reply to your address, phone number and tracking number.

Please send opus except for SD card or leather case.

TheBit co., Ltd.
Room no. 504, Yucheon Factopia, 30 Jeonpa-ro, Manan-gu,
Anyang-si, Gyeonggi-do, Republic of Korea (14086)
Tel : +8228620485
Attn : A/S manager

OK everyone, by Opus #1 is on its way back "home" for a new battery. In round numbers, $35 USPS flat rate international priority, $40 to Opus for the battery, I haven't been quoted return shipping yet. I'll post the results here when I get my player back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back