thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Oct 13, 2017 at 7:29 PM Post #3,316 of 4,190
So, I've had my new Opus #1 for about 3 weeks now, and I never tried the USB DAC feature. I just tried it out today on my Windows 10 PC, and every time I plug it in, the sound works for a few seconds and then cuts in and out for a second and then stops working entirely. All my other sound devices work fine including my ASUS XONAR DGX. Anybody had this issue or know if I need to RMA this purchase?

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2017 at 11:53 PM Post #3,317 of 4,190
So, I've had my new Opus #1 for about 3 weeks now, and I never tried the USB DAC feature. I just tried it out today on my Windows 10 PC, and every time I plug it in, the sound works for a few seconds and then cuts in and out for a second and then stops working entirely. All my other sound devices work fine including my ASUS XONAR DGX. Anybody had this issue or know if I need to RMA this purchase?

I and a few others at least have experience this problem (I'm in windows 7)- one thing that might help is to make sure you are using the cable that came with Opus, but I still get some stuttering that way, just less. Work better with android but still with issues.

I don't think they even mention this feature on their product page, just something they added in. If that feature is important to you might be a good idea to RMA and go with something else.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2017 at 11:56 PM Post #3,318 of 4,190
Just started watching a film series, and the sound cut out. If I plug it back out and in, it doesn't work.

I have to restart my laptop for it to work :/ ugh...... Opus #1 usb dac is funky LOL.

Oct 19, 2017 at 8:15 AM Post #3,319 of 4,190
How was the sound compared to the Asus when it worked ? , & have you found a fix to the problem?

Oct 19, 2017 at 8:44 AM Post #3,320 of 4,190
I stopped using OPUS#1 as the DAP with my Windows 10 computer due to the amount of problems with the drivers. I had to remove/install the device several times or even restart the computer to make it work. It is a pain in the ass to try to use this function. I had to buy an Oppo HA-2 specifically for this purpose, and with it I had no problems at all.

Oct 19, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #3,321 of 4,190
How was the sound compared to the Asus when it worked ? , & have you found a fix to the problem?
It only works for a few seconds after I plug it in, so I can't tell you. lol. Read the post before this one and you'll see that the drivers just have issues with Windows.

Oct 25, 2017 at 3:45 AM Post #3,322 of 4,190
Well, I'm not impressed. My Opus has developed a fault after only a few weeks. The screen is behaving as though it has a life of its own - totally possessed!

Unfortunately I bought it from France, so even if I get a refund I'll probably lose money after exchange rates and bank fees.

Lesson learned.

Oct 25, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #3,323 of 4,190
Well, I'm not impressed. My Opus has developed a fault after only a few weeks. The screen is behaving as though it has a life of its own - totally possessed!

Unfortunately I bought it from France, so even if I get a refund I'll probably lose money after exchange rates and bank fees.

Lesson learned.

Contact Opus directly as well. Sucks. It's a really good dap provided that it functions!

Oct 25, 2017 at 6:01 PM Post #3,324 of 4,190
Contact Opus directly as well. Sucks. It's a really good dap provided that it functions!
Turn it off and turn it back on? LOL....All FW updates have been done?

Oct 26, 2017 at 6:21 AM Post #3,327 of 4,190

Lesson learned.

I am confused about what is going on there.

Oct 26, 2017 at 7:04 AM Post #3,329 of 4,190
Watch the screen. I don't touch it at all in the video. First it briefly shows the 'drag down' menu at the top, then the track skips forwards, then back to the start, and eventually it exits to the album menu all by itself.

Is it still under warranty? I wonder what could cause that.

Oct 26, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #3,330 of 4,190
Hi Everyone,

I've been using the Opus for quite a while and had previously reported an issue with changing songs where i would encounter an error (usually with FLAC) songs. Recall some speculated that it was due to the ID tags but i found that if you attempt to change songs right when the song is about to end (within the last 10 seconds i think), that's when you'll encounter an error message and the song of your choice will fail to play. If you also try to repeat the song by pressing back nothing will happen when nearing the end of the song.

The workaround I've found for situations where you want to manually change songs is,

1.) go to the song you want to manually select but don't actually pick the song yet.
2.) press the physical button to go to the next track (this prevents the device from crashing)
3.) then press the song you want to manually select

Not a deal breaker for me since i love this device but hoping it'll be addressed some day. Sorry if this is a repost and hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back