thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
May 6, 2017 at 7:43 AM Post #2,432 of 4,190
Good one, thanks.
I see it is no longer available so I assume that you were able to order it. I was not sure if they shipped outside of the UK. When I ordered mine it took a few days to arrive.

May 6, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #2,433 of 4,190
I see it is no longer available so I assume that you were able to order it. I was not sure if they shipped outside of the UK. When I ordered mine it took a few days to arrive.
Yes I did order it. Shipping was fairly expensive (15£) but it is still half of what I would pay ordering it from Korea.

May 6, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #2,434 of 4,190
Yes I did order it. Shipping was fairly expensive (15£) but it is still half of what I would pay ordering it from Korea.
Wow, thats is expensive shipping for such a small item. What country are you in? I cannot understand why the case has become so difficult to find now. It is a nice case. I am happy with it.

May 6, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #2,435 of 4,190
Wow, thats is expensive shipping for such a small item. What country are you in? I cannot understand why the case has become so difficult to find now. It is a nice case. I am happy with it.

The case has become ridiculous to buy,i live in the UK and it's looking like it would cost about 65 pounds in total to get one to me .

May 6, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #2,436 of 4,190
The case has become ridiculous to buy,i live in the UK and it's looking like it would cost about 65 pounds in total to get one to me .
Maybe you should try contacting Advanced MP3 Player and ask if they will get more. I got mine from them a couple of months ago for £15 (through their Amazon listing as UK delivery was free that way). They are gone now after going up to £25 on their site shortly after I bought mine. Meanwhile, tienbasse just bought the last £15 Amazon one last night. The DAP is popular so I can't understand why the case is disappearing...maybe they are going to release it in new colors? One could hope. I am happy with my grey one but I know that earlier in this thread some people wanted it to be black.

May 6, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #2,437 of 4,190
Maybe you should try contacting Advanced MP3 Player and ask if they will get more. I got mine from them a couple of months ago for £15 (through their Amazon listing as UK delivery was free that way). They are gone now after going up to £25 on their site shortly after I bought mine. Meanwhile, tienbasse just bought the last £15 Amazon one last night. The DAP is popular so I can't understand why the case is disappearing...maybe they are going to release it in new colors? One could hope. I am happy with my grey one but I know that earlier in this thread some people wanted it to be black.

What's more frustrating is i bought my opus1 from advanced mp3 player's and have been checking the website regularly but missed the returned one.... im going to try and make a makeshift one out of a leather sleeve i have just ordered from Amazon, there are a few guides on how to make leather cases about.
Im not paying nearly 65 pounds for a case thats ridiculous so il give making one a go until they hopefully become more accessible and a little less costly .

May 6, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #2,438 of 4,190
What's more frustrating is i bought my opus1 from advanced mp3 player's and have been checking the website regularly but missed the returned one.... im going to try and make a makeshift one out of a leather sleeve i have just ordered from Amazon, there are a few guides on how to make leather cases about.
Im not paying nearly 65 pounds for a case thats ridiculous so il give making one a go until they hopefully become more accessible and a little less costly .

Good luck with your project! Be sure to post a picture if you are happy with the result. If it turns out well you could sell them.

May 6, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #2,439 of 4,190
Good luck with your project! Be sure to post a picture if you are happy with the result. If it turns out well you could sell them.

Well the leather case is for an iPad and only cost £ 2.50 from Amazon.
Im hoping i can cut it down and make something, il check out the internet for more tips and if it dont work, then well it was only £2.50 .

May 6, 2017 at 7:56 PM Post #2,440 of 4,190
Anyone else noticing sound differences from the new firmware? It's been some time since I've used my mobile rig, but it seems like vocals have come forward, a welcome thing for my 64 Audio U10

May 7, 2017 at 7:05 AM Post #2,442 of 4,190
Anyone else noticing sound differences from the new firmware? It's been some time since I've used my mobile rig, but it seems like vocals have come forward, a welcome thing for my 64 Audio U10
It was discussed at length 2 pages ago, yes the last firmware did bring the mids forward significantly, including vocals and treble were smoothened a bit.
A few people didn't like it, but I personally think that it is a most welcome change towards a more "mainstream" signature that is less "sterile" and more "alive". I wouldn't have bought the Opus before this change.

Last edited:
May 7, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #2,443 of 4,190
That's pretty interesting. I didn't read any of the comments and it's been about 2 months since I've listened to my opus. Noticed instantly.

Personally, I like the change since my U10 has slightly recessed mids without the impedance adapter. I'm now wondering if I need it at all now

May 9, 2017 at 12:43 AM Post #2,445 of 4,190
LOL we talked about the changes when the update first came out a month ago

I agree with Peter, the DAP is plenty powerful. As Opus said its better to use as much volume on a lower gain as you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back