thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
May 1, 2017 at 4:10 AM Post #2,401 of 4,190
I have no complaints with gapless on Opus#1 (and already used to the new layout :p). Got a few split-by-track Future Trance mega-mixes I use for testing and track transition is almost perfect.

While we are asking, any resume or bookmarking features at all? Mainly for audiobooks that feature.

May 1, 2017 at 4:21 AM Post #2,402 of 4,190
Yes I think it is still scanning the library there are a lot of files and i see a little cog symbol in the status bar ...after a few minutes its totally stable.
Thanks for your imput think it confirms theres nothing wrong just got to give it time to Rescan files on boot up.
I also played the opus through my amp with optical connection ...realy impressed sounded fantastic! Couldn't be more pleased with the audio quality.

IMO, no need to restart the device unless you really need to do so. Just keep it in sleep mode, no need to turn off every time. Another tip, when you are putting in a new micro sd card or you want to put back a card, make sure the device's screen is on. Insert the card and make sure you see that cog/indicator from the status bar. There were times when I insert a card when the screen is off, the scan doesn't run immediately and has some delays.

Good to know you're enjoying the sound. Congrats for having a new DAP!

May 1, 2017 at 4:45 AM Post #2,403 of 4,190
IMO, no need to restart the device unless you really need to do so. Just keep it in sleep mode, no need to turn off every time. Another tip, when you are putting in a new micro sd card or you want to put back a card, make sure the device's screen is on. Insert the card and make sure you see that cog/indicator from the status bar. There were times when I insert a card when the screen is off, the scan doesn't run immediately and has some delays.

Good to know you're enjoying the sound. Congrats for having a new DAP!

Thanks il see if keeping it in sleep mode makes a difference.
I was also wondering about the gain on this dap as well ...i currently have it in high gain and I'm generally running iems/headphones that are not considered hard to drive i.e Phillips fidelio l2 and currently trinity audio master.
Now I have to have it quite high volume, say above 100 setting on high gain to run both these iems/ headphones, is this correct?
Should i expect to be running something that requires a lot more juice at that setting?
And if not then am I right in thinking the low and medium gain seem a bit pointless???
None of this is a major problem for me as i generally don't buy hard to run iems or headphones but it just seemed quite a high setting for these not hard to run iems/headphones.
Oh and thanks i realy am impressed with the audio quality was A/B ing tracks between x7am3 and opus1and honestly 95 percent of the time i preferred the opus 1 , it realy is good.

May 1, 2017 at 5:15 AM Post #2,404 of 4,190
Thanks il see if keeping it in sleep mode makes a difference.
I was also wondering about the gain on this dap as well ...i currently have it in high gain and I'm generally running iems/headphones that are not considered hard to drive i.e Phillips fidelio l2 and currently trinity audio master.
Now I have to have it quite high volume, say above 100 setting on high gain to run both these iems/ headphones, is this correct?
Should i expect to be running something that requires a lot more juice at that setting?
And if not then am I right in thinking the low and medium gain seem a bit pointless???
None of this is a major problem for me as i generally don't buy hard to run iems or headphones but it just seemed quite a high setting for these not hard to run iems/headphones.
Oh and thanks i realy am impressed with the audio quality was A/B ing tracks between x7am3 and opus1and honestly 95 percent of the time i preferred the opus 1 , it realy is good.

Unfortunately, this DAP wasn't really designed to run moderately power hungry HPs or IEMs and above. I believe that's why they made a metal version with upgraded opamps and chipset to better handle some other gears. IMO, this is one of the very few weaknesses of the DAP, its driving power. But nevertheless, as long as you plug in an easy to drive HP or IEM then there wouldn't be a problem at all. For me, I use high gain only when using my K7XX HP (which still wasn't driven properly) and TY Hi Z earbuds. For IEMs I have no problems. I use middle gain only.

This DAP in underrated. Many other and newer DAPs are getting attention because of their feature sets and innovation. But for the Opus#1, you won't be disappointed with the SQ at its price point.

May 1, 2017 at 5:46 AM Post #2,405 of 4,190
I totally agree , like i said i have fiio x7 and yes it has , wifi, Bluetooth, etc etc but none of these features work amazingly on it and also i don't think you can beat sound quality when it comes to a decent hi res file , decent dap, and decent wired headphones.
So in my opinion most of that is pretty pointless on a hi res dap...i want the best sound quality i can get!
I never realy used the fiio x7 for anything other than playing hi res files and honestly the opus does it better in my opinion .

May 1, 2017 at 7:05 AM Post #2,406 of 4,190
sorry folks...but does gapless work perfectly on the #1?
I am sure it was mentioned but since they decided to destroy head-fi with the new dysfunctional layout I totally lost orientation.
Yes, it does work perfectly. Gapless is very important to me as certain albums will not flow properly without it. This is the main reason I had to rockbox my Xduoo X3. I still use my Xduoo for on the go but the Opus #1 is in a whole different league. I use it as my source when I want to relax in my comfy spot :)

May 1, 2017 at 8:57 AM Post #2,408 of 4,190
If you need more power from the #1 consider getting a balanced cable for your IEM's/headphones since that output is more powerful. Runs my HD650 perfectly fine......

Edit: Also tried with the Q701's single ended and reach a good listening level at 125 on high gain.

I don't agree that the Opus #1 has a weak output, as a matter of fact I've never felt the need to pair it with an amp.

Last edited:
May 1, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #2,409 of 4,190
May 1, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #2,410 of 4,190
Unfortunately, this DAP wasn't really designed to run moderately power hungry HPs or IEMs and above. I believe that's why they made a metal version with upgraded opamps and chipset to better handle some other gears. IMO, this is one of the very few weaknesses of the DAP, its driving power. But nevertheless, as long as you plug in an easy to drive HP or IEM then there wouldn't be a problem at all. For me, I use high gain only when using my K7XX HP (which still wasn't driven properly) and TY Hi Z earbuds. For IEMs I have no problems. I use middle gain only.

This DAP in underrated. Many other and newer DAPs are getting attention because of their feature sets and innovation. But for the Opus#1, you won't be disappointed with the SQ at its price point.

If you need more power from the #1 consider getting a balanced cable for your IEM's/headphones since that output is more powerful. Runs my HD650 perfectly fine......

Edit: Also tried with the Q701's single ended and reach a good listening level at 125 on high gain.

I don't agree that the Opus #1 has a weak output, as a matter of fact I've never felt the need to pair it with an amp.

Thanks for the tips ...im due a balanced cable for the master iems although they dont realy need the extra juice.
The opus is running all my iems and headphones fine but like i said none of my iems/headphones are hard to drive and if i wanted to run harder to drive headphones then i would probably pair the opus with a desktop headphone amp anyway ( any suggestions of poss pairing would be great )

May 1, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #2,412 of 4,190
The title was, in fact, literary-based. I'm a big fan of Patrick Rothfuss.

May 2, 2017 at 1:02 AM Post #2,413 of 4,190
Thanks for the tips ...im due a balanced cable for the master iems although they dont realy need the extra juice.
The opus is running all my iems and headphones fine but like i said none of my iems/headphones are hard to drive and if i wanted to run harder to drive headphones then i would probably pair the opus with a desktop headphone amp anyway ( any suggestions of poss pairing would be great )
I find with the Trinity Masters I need high gain at least 100 and they can take much more. I had the masters paired with I pod classic ver 7 with a cayin c5? with bass boost and the masters really came alive. With balanced on the opus I use campfire Andromeda on high gain, 85 is plenty and I sometimes drop to medium gain. Balanced cables will be sent out in a couple of weeks for the Masters according to Jake. That should help.

May 2, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #2,415 of 4,190
I have to agree. With the last firmware, this DAP is just simple/no-nonsense, doing exactly what it is made for: playing music at a moderate cost.

Mine is still burning after my good initial impressions, and I must say that battery life just improved nicely after 3 full charges. It now runs a good 10 hours playing flac files, because there's not much junk running in the Android background.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back