thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
May 10, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #2,461 of 4,190
£429 in the UK with Amazon. :triportsad: That's $555US for the standard Opus #1 without a case. The prices of these things in the UK is why I'm insistent I get one that works properly at basic functions like line-out and gapless play.

I had the same problem ...first of all i was a bit sceptical about buying the opus 1 as i already had fiio x7 with am3 and had read a couple of reviews saying they thought the opus 1 was better and a couple saying it wasn't so i decided to buy from Amazon UK at £430 because of the 30 day return policy.
I have to say wish I had tried to buy from the u.s because to me i much prefer the opus 1 and would have saved a he'll of a lot!
To my ears opus 1 is more resolving , detailed and natural sounding and for the price in the states is an absolute bargain.
I still love my fiio and honestly it's not new toy syndrome, i have a/b tested my fiio against the opus numerous times and 90 percent of the time i prefer the opus 1.
Wish it was cheaper in the UK though and the case is impossible to buy at sensible money

May 11, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #2,462 of 4,190
Have a recommendation question, I am using the Campfire Audio Jupiter. I am debating on using something like cayan N3/Shanling M2s and pairing that with a Chord Mojo, or using the Opus #1 with the balanced cable. I understand the mojo will be a great addtion, but weighing the cost/ bulk factor is important as well.. Any ideas?

May 11, 2017 at 5:52 PM Post #2,463 of 4,190
Have a recommendation question, I am using the Campfire Audio Jupiter. I am debating on using something like cayan N3/Shanling M2s and pairing that with a Chord Mojo, or using the Opus #1 with the balanced cable. I understand the mojo will be a great addtion, but weighing the cost/ bulk factor is important as well.. Any ideas?

I say just get the Opus. If you're not sure you want a stack, and I know I don't, the Opus is one of the finest sounding players around.

Plus, its pairing with Jupiter is outstanding. A truly remarkable high-resolution package there.

Opus & Jupiter 02.jpg

May 11, 2017 at 9:22 PM Post #2,464 of 4,190
I say just get the Opus. If you're not sure you want a stack, and I know I don't, the Opus is one of the finest sounding players around.

Plus, its pairing with Jupiter is outstanding. A truly remarkable high-resolution package there.

Thanks for the Advice, going to check this one out, not a bad price on amazon... What cable are you running for the Jupiter with the Opus? the balanced ?

May 12, 2017 at 6:36 AM Post #2,465 of 4,190
I'm only using the stock cable right now. But ALO makes great pieces, and their Reference8 is a favourite of mine for my 64Audio U12.

May 12, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #2,466 of 4,190
Just received the leather case, good quality but a bit odd when paired with the black version of Opus #1, it certainly fits the anthracite version of the DAP better.

I'm closed to 250 hours of burning (150 hours on balanced, about 100 hours for SE), and man, the bass is now gorgeous (tight and forward). Definitely a bit sharper than Cayin N5 in the treble but soudstage is similar and detail retrieval is a tad better. Autonomy has become amazing as well for an Android-based DAP (I get over 10 hours playing a mix of flac and hi-res files). You can feel that the absence of BT/WiFi and deep sleep function is doing wonders. I never EVER have to switch it off.
After a long sleep, it happens that the music app stops working and restarts but it does take less than 10 seconds so it's not too bad.
Hissing is basically absent, unlike the balanced output of the N5.

Currently I'm stuck with headphones since I'm finishing an ear treatment that prevents the use of IEMs, but next week I can start playing with IEMs again.
Pairing with Meze 99 Classics is nice and VERY dynamic. Bass hit hard and tight!

Basically, Opus nailed it with the last firmware, I LOVE this baby-DAP !!!

Last edited:
May 12, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #2,467 of 4,190
Just received the leather case, good quality but a bit odd when paired with the black version of Opus #1, it certainly fits the anthracite version of the DAP better.

I'm closed to 250 hours of burning (150 hours on balanced, about 100 hours for SE), and man, the bass is now gorgeous (tight and forward). Definitely a bit sharper than Cayin N5 in the treble but soudstage is similar and detail retrieval is a tad better. Autonomy has become amazing as well for an Android-based DAP (I get over 10 hours playing a mix of flac and hi-res files). You can feel that the absence of BT/WiFi and deep sleep function is doing wonders. I never EVER have to switch it off.
After a long sleep, it happens that the music app stops working and restarts but it does take less than 10 seconds so it's not too bad.
Hissing is basically absent, unlike the balanced output of the N5.

Currently I'm stuck with headphones since I'm finishing an ear treatment that prevents the use of IEMs, but next week I can start playing with IEMs again.
Pairing with Meze 99 Classics is nice and VERY dynamic. Bass hit hard and tight!

Basically, Opus nailed it with the last firmware, I LOVE this baby-DAP !!!

Glad to see another happy owner. They sound great with the IT03. I think you'll like the pairing. :)

May 12, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #2,468 of 4,190
I'm only using the stock cable right now. But ALO makes great pieces, and their Reference8 is a favourite of mine for my 64Audio U12.

Indeed Pinky, I know I sure love my Opy1 balanced to my LZ A4's:beerchug:

Beautiful.JPG

May 12, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #2,469 of 4,190
Just got it in today, first off there are some definite light bleed issues on the lcd in the top corners. Have not done much listening yet but i seem to like the normal 3.5 cable better than the balanced out with my jupiters so far, not sure if i need to wait and let it grow on me or not, but thats just the first impression.

May 12, 2017 at 11:38 PM Post #2,470 of 4,190
Very nice pairing with my LZ A4.

May 13, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #2,473 of 4,190
can you play video files on the Opus 1? or install VLC and play videos that way?
No, you can´t. It´s only a digital AUDIO player.

May 13, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #2,474 of 4,190
can you play video files on the Opus 1? or install VLC and play videos that way?

No, thank god. Opus#1 is dedicated solely to music.
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back