thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Dec 9, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #1,337 of 4,190
  no they didnt fix that. good news is the play button works in the deep sleep mode.

Nope.  This didn't work on mine.  After the update, player shut off, didn't turn on automatically.  I had to turn it on manually.  I checked the firmware version and it is 2.00.03.  Still same issue with the play button while in deep sleep. 2-3 seconds after turning off the screen while music is paused, the player goes into deep sleep, play button stops responding.

Dec 9, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #1,338 of 4,190
got my opus yesterday, updated all the firmware, and dumped some long listened to music on the opus. First impression is very good soundstage, clean, great instrument separation, and good detail. Really woke my 64 audio u10 up, which I had prior been using with my phone and hadn't been impressed with. Treble is very well extended now, Whitney sounds perfect. I have a really fast solo guitar passage in dearly departed, and this was able to keep up

Dec 9, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #1,340 of 4,190
Nope.  This didn't work on mine.  After the update, player shut off, didn't turn on automatically.  I had to turn it on manually.  I checked the firmware version and it is2.00.03.  Still same issue with the play button while in deep sleep. 2-3 seconds after turning off the screen while music is paused, the player goes into deep sleep, play button stops responding.
Im sorry my bad. Mine doesnt work either. When i paused it i didnt realize my screen was on 30sec mode and still on when i walked away.

Dec 9, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #1,342 of 4,190
Sorry, what's the site where all the FW updates get posted?

http://www.audio-opus.com/?page_id=15757&uid=215&mod=document

Dec 9, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #1,346 of 4,190
You cant select track or navigate the current playing track at the last 10sec of the the track. Do that and you get error pops out.

Thanks for that. I just tried that with latest fw and can skip back/forward when the current track is in the last 10 seconds. However, I can't drag the time indicator within the current track - just keeps playing.

Dec 9, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #1,348 of 4,190

You cant select track or navigate the current playing track at the last 10sec of the the track. Do that and you get error pops out.

Thanks for that. I just tried that with latest fw and can skip back/forward when the current track is in the last 10 seconds. However, I can't drag the time indicator within the current track - just keeps playing.

Yep, another 'feature' common to both Opus#1 and Opus#2
wink.gif
  Btw, Opus#2 fw update was released and it's identical to Opus#1.

Dec 9, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #1,349 of 4,190
Anyone else noticed a display enhancement after the latest firmware update?  The font became smaller when displaying the folders.  That's an enhancement, well at least for me.  Shows each folder name completely on most.  I have a lot of VA albums and the folder names are pretty long.  Font becomes bigger when the list has shorter names like in my other folder which I sorted for each artist.

However, as I was filling up the DAP with songs, it used to show an icon on the status bar.  A common android feature where a disc like icon appears when the storage is almost full.  There was no problem with this in the previous firmware, but now it's different.  The "storage almost full" disc icon shows and overlaps the volume indicator.  That's messed up.  Sorry, I'm a bit OC with things like these and I know it isn't supposed to be this way.  Only a display flaw but I hope they fix this in the next update.  Probably an overlook only and they didn't expect it to show up there, messed up with the volume indicator.

Dec 9, 2016 at 6:52 PM Post #1,350 of 4,190
Oh I'm so upset with myself!!! I was taking the Opus out of my pocket, and I don't know if it was the cold, but it slipped out of my hands... The headphone cable held for a few seconds, but when I reached down to grab it, it detached and fell just a measly foot to the concrete. It landed on the exposed part of the player, and now the power button won't work, DAGNABBIT!!! 
I purchased it from ProStudio Sound & Music through Amazon. Has anyone had experience with this company? Do you think they would send me another if I explained what happen?
I've ordered from them before, but never had to deal with their customer service...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back