thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Dec 10, 2016 at 12:25 AM Post #1,366 of 4,190
Has anyone here had to deal  with Audio Opus directly? How's their customer service? I know this was my fault, but I also know some companies will go to the nth degree when providing customer service.

You are within warranty easily. I don't see why you wouldn't get a new one

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #1,367 of 4,190
You are within warranty easily. I don't see why you wouldn't get a new one

I believe he is worried the damage by his accident would void his warranty making them not willing to fix it.  I do not know if he is or is not.  I will not comment on that.  I honestly don't know and I refrain from giving advice here.  It ruffles a lot of feathers.

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:56 AM Post #1,369 of 4,190
Because he dropped it. That's not usually covered in warranties.

sometimes products marketed as "rugged" but yeah probably not.. hopefully they can at least offer some kind of repair service for a fee, worst case try an adventurous electronics repair shop...

Dec 10, 2016 at 1:22 AM Post #1,370 of 4,190
I do understand that but to be out that much money that quick I feel a company would want to show some sympathy

Dec 10, 2016 at 1:23 AM Post #1,371 of 4,190
sometimes products marketed as "rugged" but yeah probably not.. hopefully they can at least offer some kind of repair service for a fee, worst case try an adventurous electronics repair shop...

I've contacted PS&M & the Bit, and haven't received a response yet. I just got off the phone with Amazon, told them what happened, and they sent me a return label. Being it wasn't sold directly from Amazon(fulfilled by), they could not send me another unit, and that I will be refunded once they've received the item.
Does this sound right, and did I just get lucky? Man I hope so, this has been a real *&#$% experience!
I will be purchasing another Opus 1 on Monday. This dap is something special, it plays in perfect harmony with most of my headphones. It's neutral sound, it's imaging, detail, and soundstage is spot on(for me at least).

Dec 10, 2016 at 2:55 AM Post #1,372 of 4,190
I've contacted PS&M & the Bit, and haven't received a response yet. I just got off the phone with Amazon, told them what happened, and they sent me a return label. Being it wasn't sold directly from Amazon(fulfilled by), they could not send me another unit, and that I will be refunded once they've received the item.
Does this sound right, and did I just get lucky? Man I hope so, this has been a real *&#$% experience!
I will be purchasing another Opus 1 on Monday. This dap is something special, it plays in perfect harmony with most of my headphones. It's neutral sound, it's imaging, detail, and soundstage is spot on(for me at least).

You did.. Unfortunately it's back to $449. Still well worth it

Dec 10, 2016 at 3:17 AM Post #1,373 of 4,190
Been using my Opus on High Gain, volume 110-115. Went from 100% to 75% in about 2 hrs. Dropped it to Medium Gain and had to put volume to about 130. In the Red Zone.

Will see if it saves battery by using less Gain but I am having to theoretically make it work harder by turning up the volume, right?

Oh yeah, I'm in build 2.00.00 and have the last 10 sec issue. Can't go back in current song or change tracks

Dec 10, 2016 at 3:19 AM Post #1,374 of 4,190
You did.. Unfortunately it's back to $449. Still well worth it

I agree Dude, it is well worth it. 
I'd like to think I treat my gear with great care, and I don't swear often, but today was a cursed filled day.
I don't comment on forums too much, but I do like to read them, so I want to thank you, Paulos, Twin, and Skullophile for your reviews of The Keggers. This earphone is remarkable, and I'm surprised it doesn't get more discussion(love) on it's forum.
Thanks again!

Dec 10, 2016 at 3:21 AM Post #1,375 of 4,190
I agree Dude, it is well worth it. 
I'd like to think I treat my gear with great care, and I don't swear often, but today was a cursed filled day.
I don't comment on forums too much, but I do like to read them, so I want to thank you, Paulos, Twin, and Skullophile for your reviews of The Keggers. This earphone is remarkable, and I'm surprised it doesn't get more discussion(love) on it's forum.
Thanks again!

Now you need to try the LZA4. It's beautiful, I think it's just a smidge less detailed than the SW3 but smoother.

Dec 10, 2016 at 3:37 AM Post #1,376 of 4,190
Now you need to try the LZA4. It's beautiful, I think it's just a smidge less detailed than the SW3 but smoother.

Haha yeah, it's getting a lot appreciation, and it's definitely on my radar(reading about it daily)... If the A4 complements my other earphones I'll be all for it, I'm always searching for something different.

Dec 10, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #1,377 of 4,190
Haha yeah, it's getting a lot appreciation, and it's definitely on my radar(reading about it daily)... If the A4 complements my other earphones I'll be all for it, I'm always searching for something different.

Unfortunately it didn't compliment my others....it became my favorite. In 24 hrs.

Dec 10, 2016 at 8:15 AM Post #1,378 of 4,190
Been using my Opus on High Gain, volume 110-115. Went from 100% to 75% in about 2 hrs. Dropped it to Medium Gain and had to put volume to about 130. In the Red Zone.

Will see if it saves battery by using less Gain but I am having to theoretically make it work harder by turning up the volume, right?

Oh yeah, I'm in build 2.00.00 and have the last 10 sec issue. Can't go back in current song or change track

I've noticed the high gain runs the battery down quicker and the opus temperature is very warm.

It's ok with iems (vol 90 ish) but I have Beyer DT1350 headphones and they just seem to soak up power. I might have to use a headphone amp when using the beyers.

Dec 10, 2016 at 10:31 AM Post #1,379 of 4,190
I've noticed the high gain runs the battery down quicker and the opus temperature is very warm.

It's ok with iems (vol 90 ish) but I have Beyer DT1350 headphones and they just seem to soak up power. I might have to use a headphone amp when using the beyers.

Yeah it does get warm

Dec 10, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #1,380 of 4,190
Even my Earsonics get it very warm :blink: All of my gear is portable so I don't encoutner this often, only other device I have that gets so warm is the Geek Out v2 which uses a Class A circiut, wonder what kind of amp arrangement the Opus uses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back