thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Dec 10, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #1,381 of 4,190

Thanks for the information.
I hope this new firmware really solves the USB DAC mode issues with Windows 10. Everytime I connected the OPUS#1 to the computer I had to uninstall the device and install it again to be able to use the DAC function. Besides, after one minute the player started doing a strange noise (like clicks) which were getting louder and louder until there was a cut in the sound, and then it started working properly for a while, but a few minutes later again the clicks appeared and the issue resumed again.

I´ll update my OPUS this afternoon, so I´ll let you know if those issues are really fixed or not. 

After the update I can confirm that the DAC mode issues with Windows 10 ARE NOT fixed. There are still sound cuts every few minutes (less frecuent than with the previous firmware, but still are there), and besides if you use the DAC mode and then disconect the OPUS#1 to use it as a player, you have to restart the OPUS before being able to use it again as a DAC, since the computer detects it but no sound is out of the OPUS. I´m really dissapointed, as none of my other players (AK320 and Ibasso DX80) have those issues when using them as DACs with my computer.

Dec 10, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #1,382 of 4,190
Oh yeah, I'm in build 2.00.00 and have the last 10 sec issue. Can't go back in current song or change tracks

I'm on FW 2.00.03. I started a song, intentionally drug the time marker slider to the end section of a couple songs. Once I was within the last 10 seconds, I was not able to either skip back using the onscreen or physical back buttons. I was also unable to change position within the song by dragging the time marker slider. However, I was able to successfully use the onscreen and physical skip forward buttons to change to the next track when I was within the last 10 seconds. Not sure if this is consistent with previous behavior because my Opus #1 came with 2.00.00, and I quickly upgraded to 2.00.03.

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #1,383 of 4,190

Oh yeah, I'm in build 2.00.00 and have the last 10 sec issue. Can't go back in current song or change tracks

I'm on FW 2.00.03. I started a song, intentionally drug the time marker slider to the end section of a couple songs. Once I was within the last 10 seconds, I was not able to either skip back using the onscreen or physical back buttons. I was also unable to change position within the song by dragging the time marker slider. However, I was able to successfully use the onscreen and physical skip forward buttons to change to the next track when I was within the last 10 seconds. Not sure if this is consistent with previous behavior because my Opus #1 came with 2.00.00, and I quickly upgraded to 2.00.03.

Yep, the same in 2.0, and in both Opus#1 and #2.

Dec 10, 2016 at 2:57 PM Post #1,386 of 4,190
You hold the power button down for a few seconds and then let go while charging and it indicates the level.
I haven't managed to reach 100% yet on the charging. The highest I've reached is 98%, previously it was 96%. Maybe it needs more charging cycles to reach 100%. The charging screen value still doesn't appear to be in sync with the battery icon level on the now playing screen.

Dec 10, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #1,387 of 4,190
That's weird guys.  I mean mine's probably the weird one here because it is reaching 100% everytime I charge it.  Both in the previous one and the latest firmware versions.  I'm talking about when the player is on.  When it is turned off is another thing.  I also noticed that it shows more than what the actual charge really is when you turn it on.  Like I'm getting 40% charged even though I have only plugged it for a few minutes (from 0%).  So, I think the charging indicator, when the DAP is off, is inaccurate.  At least that's what I have observed on mine.

Dec 10, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #1,388 of 4,190
The small battery icon seems accurate, it's the charging screen that appears inaccurate.

The player closed down because the battery had run out. I plugged it into the mains and the battery charging screen immediately showed 15% charge. I unplugged it, turned it on and it closed down because the battery was flat.

I get 100% on the small icon but not on the charging screen icon although it has moved from 96% to 98% so maybe some more charging cycles will move it up to 100%.

Dec 10, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #1,389 of 4,190
  The small battery icon seems accurate, it's the charging screen that appears inaccurate.

The player closed down because the battery had run out. I plugged it into the mains and the battery charging screen immediately showed 15% charge. I unplugged it, turned it on and it closed down because the battery was flat.

I get 100% on the small icon but not on the charging screen icon although it has moved from 96% to 98% so maybe some more charging cycles will move it up to 100%.

I hope you're right.  Let's see after a few more charging cycles if it will resolve itself.  I have not noticed lately since I've always been charging when the DAP is on.  Even if it gets depleted, I plug it, wait a few minutes then turn it on again to see the more accurate indicator.

By the way, I haven't encountered the 10-second cutoff of songs while playing.  Maybe I have, in the previous firmware, but not now.  I'll report when it happens, but I hope it won't.

Dec 10, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #1,390 of 4,190
I hope you're right.  Let's see after a few more charging cycles if it will resolve itself.  I have not noticed lately since I've always been charging when the DAP is on.  Even if it gets depleted, I plug it, wait a few minutes then turn it on again to see the more accurate indicator.

By the way, I haven't encountered the 10-second cutoff of songs while playing.  Maybe I have, in the previous firmware, but not now.  I'll report when it happens, but I hope it won't.

I need to check on the battery issue.

So if you drag the time indicator slider over to around 9 seconds left at then try to either slide it back through the song or press the skip back buttons, it actually works to go back in the current track?

Dec 10, 2016 at 3:39 PM Post #1,391 of 4,190
So if you drag the time indicator slider over to around 9 seconds left at then try to either slide it back through the song or press the skip back buttons, it actually works to go back in the current track?

Ah yes, this one I have observed on mine too.  I didn't pay attention to it since I was focusing to see if the songs will cut off.  So I guess we all have the same issues.

Dec 10, 2016 at 3:54 PM Post #1,392 of 4,190
Ah yes, this one I have observed on mine too.  I didn't pay attention to it since I was focusing to see if the songs will cut off.  So I guess we all have the same issues.

Glad you're not the only one who has one that functions properly. We'd all be super-jelly!

Dec 10, 2016 at 4:03 PM Post #1,393 of 4,190
Glad you're not the only one who has one that functions properly. We'd all be super-jelly!

Hahahah!  Thanks man.  I'm glad you're all glad. 
ph34r.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back