thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Dec 15, 2016 at 1:00 AM Post #1,412 of 4,190
  instead of move up to metal ver...I decided to jump up to Opus #2 :v 

Nice! I'd love to try that some day, but I'd rather stay married at this point in time, lol 
tongue.gif

Dec 15, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #1,413 of 4,190
Nice! Wish I had the metal version, but I settled for the plastic one instead. I'm really digging this DAP. Not sure I would to be honest, so it's been a pleasant surprise.

I had my doubts but the screen is not bad and my compare is a Note 4 with 2560x1440 quad blah blah with gorilla glass 4. I expected to compromise my visual ADHD/OCD but it looks fine. Not good for pics and vids taken of it, but in hand it is pretty dope. The sound is excellent. I wanna know what the improved OP amp used is but the sound is awesome.

I passed on the #2 because I have multiple ES9018 chip based gear. Both regular and portable versions. You folks enjoy the #2
I am very pleased with this beautiful device. I expected to be bummed so maybe that's why i am so stoked.

Dec 15, 2016 at 1:06 AM Post #1,414 of 4,190
I had my doubts but the screen is not bad and my compare is a Note 4 with 2560x1440 quad blah blah with gorilla glass 4. I expected to compromise my visual ADHD/OCD but it looks fine. Not good for pics and vids taken of it, but in hand it is pretty dope. The sound is excellent. I wanna know what the improved OP amp used is but the sound is awesome.

I passed on the #2 because I have multiple ES9018 chip based gear. Both regular and portable versions. You folks enjoy the #2
I am very pleased with this beautiful device. I expected to be bummed so maybe that's why i am so stoked.

So you expected to be unimpressed, too? I didn't read anything about it that really grabbed me, so I held off buying one for a long time. I'm glad I finally pulled the trigger!

Dec 15, 2016 at 1:18 AM Post #1,415 of 4,190
So you expected to be unimpressed, too? I didn't read anything about it that really grabbed me, so I held off buying one for a long time. I'm glad I finally pulled the trigger!

It is not very photographic IMO. Holding it in hand and navigating it is pretty sweet. The presentation is wide and detailed. The EQ takes a few seconds to kick in but it works very well.  The update was smooth and everything I imagined that might take away from my joy is not there. It is usually the opposite. Expect a lot and get less than that.
This time I expected meh and got wow. That does not happen much. Hardly ever actually

EDIT: Photogenic
tongue.gif

Dec 15, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #1,416 of 4,190
I'm pretty satisfied w/ the plastic one. for $400 as much as an iPod back in the day. Hopefully they continue to refine the firmware and fix up the USB DAC mode desync problem and file scanning.

Thank goodness too I was frustrated trying different daps for when A10 walkman couldn't cut it, and almost convinced myself to get the WM1A, read and participated in all the silly speculation on the dx200 thread (finally got a price a year later!) :veryevil:

in retrospect of all the annoyances and $$$, should have just stuck with sansa clip all along, but I kept breaking them, and now the rockboxable versions are not even made anymore

Dec 15, 2016 at 1:38 AM Post #1,417 of 4,190
I am pretty sure the standard Opus 1 will be in my collection at some point next year.  Pretty neat dap.  Has anybody heard if not being able to skip or rewind tracks in the last 10 seconds of a playing track has a fix in the near future?

Dec 15, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #1,419 of 4,190
  http://www.e-earphone.jp/shopdetail/000000102996/ct2827/page1/recommend/

will this adapter work with regular 3.5 to 2.5 trrs?

Looks like the right one

To convert 3.5mm TRS to 2.5mm TRRS balanced?  That not going to work because TRS has a common ground thus your L-/R- will be tied together, and can't be split into balanced where you have L+/L- and R+/R-.  It works the other way, going from 2.5mm TRRS to 3.5mm TRS where L-/R- are tied together.  Unless I misunderstood you which way you are converting?  Maybe you meant 3.5mm TRRS balanced to 2.5mm TRRS balanced?

Btw, for any adapters/converters, I would highly recommend Lee's (@zhibli06) $5 adapters: https://www.veclan.com/engappliance_sel_one?eng_ApplianceVo.eac_id=4 - when you scroll down VE Monks page, there is an option to select just an adapter (from 2.5mm TRRS to 3.5mm TRS, 3.5mm TRRS to 2.5mm TRRS and vise verse).  Actually, very durable connectors, regardless of dirt cheap price.

Dec 15, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #1,420 of 4,190

To convert 3.5mm TRS to 2.5mm TRRS balanced?  That not going to work because TRS has a common ground thus your L-/R- will be tied together, and can't be split into balanced where you have L+/L- and R+/R-.  It works the other way, going from 2.5mm TRRS to 3.5mm TRS where L-/R- are tied together.  Unless I misunderstood you which way you are converting?  Maybe you meant 3.5mm TRRS balanced to 2.5mm TRRS balanced?

Btw, for any adapters/converters, I would highly recommend Lee's (@zhibli06) $5 adapters: https://www.veclan.com/engappliance_sel_one?eng_ApplianceVo.eac_id=4 - when you scroll down VE Monks page, there is an option to select just an adapter (from 2.5mm TRRS to 3.5mm TRS, 3.5mm TRRS to 2.5mm TRRS and vise verse).  Actually, very durable connectors, regardless of dirt cheap price.

PETEREK is my go to for customs but he is busy as hell and I need something now/soon
i sent a PM to that guy to make sure i get the right one. Is he the one yelling at folks that he would not sell monks to folks he doesn't like? He's kind of a soul mate in temper.
biggrin.gif

Dec 15, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #1,422 of 4,190
Those are mine ^^
And the link from e-earphone is 2.5 balanced to 3.5 balanced @twister6 ^^

Sent from my SM-N910S using Tapatalk

Thanks for the translation
beerchug.gif

How about taking my dual 3.5 for the PHA and converting them back to a single connect? That would be a 2 into 1 rig. Maybe that is more authentic and truly balanced. Any help is appreciated. I like balanced a lot. Certain recordings stand out IMO so i wanna keep my ex1000 in balanced using this cable

Dec 15, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #1,423 of 4,190

Those are mine ^^
And the link from e-earphone is 2.5 balanced to 3.5 balanced @twister6 ^^

Sent from my SM-N910S using Tapatalk

beerchug.gif

How about taking my dual 3.5 for the PHA and converting them back to a single connect? That would be a 2 into 1 rig. Maybe that is more authentic and truly balanced. Any help is appreciated. I like balanced a lot. Certain recordings stand out IMO so i wanna keep my ex1000 in balanced using this cable

Yeah, ping Lee, I think he makes one of those as well.  I had Zen with dual 3.5mm and he provided dual 3.5mm to 3.5mm SE and 3.5mm Balanced adapters.  And yeah, Lee (@zhibli06) is the guy behind Monks, and he likes to yell at people who complain about his $5 earbuds lol!!!  He is definitely your soul mate in temper, Chris :wink:

Dec 15, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #1,424 of 4,190
beerchug.gif

Ya need a cable like the last one in the picture of twister ^^ and it's easy to make if you still want to use PHA
Or you can make an adapter from your Peterek cable, cut about 5-10 cm on the end of the cable and make a 2.5 balanced female on that part and 2.5 balanced male on remaining cable :D 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back