thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Dec 22, 2016 at 11:24 PM Post #1,443 of 4,190
Well, found a deal for Opus #1, Dignis Case & Fidue A83 FB for $500, so decided to order.  Should be here tomorrow, and I'm really hoping I like it as well as the IEM.  I know I really didn't need this, but I've read a ton of love for the Opus, so I just couldn't resist.  Plus it's the holiday season, so why not treat myself as it won't take long to get the money back.

Dec 23, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #1,444 of 4,190
  Well, found a deal for Opus #1, Dignis Case & Fidue A83 FB for $500, so decided to order.  Should be here tomorrow, and I'm really hoping I like it as well as the IEM.  I know I really didn't need this, but I've read a ton of love for the Opus, so I just couldn't resist.  Plus it's the holiday season, so why not treat myself as it won't take long to get the money back.

If you like vocals and acoustic guitar and minutia level details that combo will do it. I have it. Great for rock and roll. EQ will make it great on the bass end (A83)

Dec 23, 2016 at 12:51 AM Post #1,445 of 4,190
I certainly look forward to giving it a try, and glad you like it as well.  I listen to mostly rock, so I'll run it through it's paces soon.

Dec 23, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #1,446 of 4,190

OK, this deal is ridiculously good!!!
biggrin.gif
 On Amazon now (HERE) for $499 you get Opus#1, Dignis case, and Fidue A83 Special edition Balanced terminated.  I assume that's the one you found
wink.gif

Dec 23, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #1,447 of 4,190
OK, this deal is ridiculously good!!! :D  On Amazon now (HERE) for $499 you get Opus#1, Dignis case, and Fidue A83 Special edition Balanced terminated.  I assume that's the one you found :wink:

Yep, just wanted to get it in first to make sure the deal was legit befire pisting it to deals thread. I usually live by if something seems too good to be true... Should arrive today, so hopefully can check it out before work.

Dec 25, 2016 at 1:44 AM Post #1,448 of 4,190
For those who are using an external amp with the Opus #1 DAP - is there any noticeable difference/improvement? If so, what amp are you using?

Wondering in what ways i can improve the use of the dap. Minus my headphones and source files.

Dec 25, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #1,449 of 4,190
  For those who are using an external amp with the Opus #1 DAP - is there any noticeable difference/improvement? If so, what amp are you using?

Wondering in what ways i can improve the use of the dap. Minus my headphones and source files.

It's completely depend on your headphone :D you should experience yourself

Dec 26, 2016 at 8:06 PM Post #1,451 of 4,190
I was contemplating selling this but love the sound and functionality of this great DAP. So now ill keep this and sell the Onkyo as its not being used a lot and to me, my LG V20 sounds just as good.

You just surprised me, my friend. I thought for sure you were getting rid of Opus #1 and keeping the Onkyo. 

Dec 26, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #1,452 of 4,190
You just surprised me, my friend. I thought for sure you were getting rid of Opus #1 and keeping the Onkyo. 

It sure is a great device, are you still liking yours? I want to sell the Onkyo for something else just not sure. I do want to hear the Dunu Dk3001, should sound great with the Opus #1. Have you heard the new #2 yet?

Dec 27, 2016 at 12:04 AM Post #1,453 of 4,190
It sure is a great device, are you still liking yours? I want to sell the Onkyo for something else just not sure. I do want to hear the Dunu Dk3001, should sound great with the Opus #1. Have you heard the new #2 yet?

I am still looking mine. I do wish that it had more customization options (like extending the deep sleep length), but the sound is great and it's easy to use. Nope, I haven't heard Opus #2 yet. Out of the top DAPs, I'm most interested in hearing the new Sony. I wouldn't pass on a listen to the TOTL Opus, though :wink:

Dec 27, 2016 at 12:54 AM Post #1,454 of 4,190
I am still looking mine. I do wish that it had more customization options (like extending the deep sleep length), but the sound is great and it's easy to use. Nope, I haven't heard Opus #2 yet. Out of the top DAPs, I'm most interested in hearing the new Sony. I wouldn't pass on a listen to the TOTL Opus, though :wink:

Sony and Opus2 look really nice. Kind of appalled by myself for seriously considering all that since I'd probably be totally content with a Clip+ and some KSC-75s if only they didn't break every 3 months :veryevil:

Dec 27, 2016 at 2:46 AM Post #1,455 of 4,190
I am still looking mine. I do wish that it had more customization options (like extending the deep sleep length), but the sound is great and it's easy to use. Nope, I haven't heard Opus #2 yet. Out of the top DAPs, I'm most interested in hearing the new Sony. I wouldn't pass on a listen to the TOTL Opus, though
wink.gif

I got a listen to both yesterday.
Sony sounds great but I could not see if any enhancements were on like clearbass or anything. Was using a Japanese UI. The Opus #2...
I only heard bits of 3 songs and only 1 that was on both. (Thank God everybody on Earth knows the Rumors LP from Fleetwood mac) Gotta get Twister in to explain the diff. On ex1000 balanced the stage and detail were the same. I feel better and better about this little baby as it was in it's league with every totl dap i heard. Good stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back