thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Dec 8, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #1,321 of 4,190
Yeah I noticed the Pause issue the other day too. Quite annoying but I can manage.

Mine is always on High Gain and around 100-110 volume so I'm sure it suffers but still seems to be at least a 10 hr battery life. Gonna experiment with using Low and Medium Gain.

Dec 8, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #1,322 of 4,190
Another thing, just a nitpicking to balance out all the praises I posted in the past (and continue posting)
tongue.gif
I wish the Dignis case would have cutouts for the buttons.  Yes, you can feel the indent and it's not a problem for the volume where you only have 2 of them, up and down.  But when it comes to Playback control buttons (the same with Opus#2), I have to slide my finger to zero into the play button in the middle so I don't push skip by mistake instead of pause.  When you have a cutout, once you put your finger across you know right away which button is which.  Could be just a personal preference.  Another advantage of cutout in the leather case, when DAP is in your pocket, you don't have to worry about buttons being pushed accidentally since the cutout recesses them, while indented button cover could be pushed by accident.

Dec 8, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #1,323 of 4,190
I think they need feedback from more then just one reviewer :wink:   You need to voice your concern too, bud, not sure if you got your review sample directly from them or Andrew, but either way I hope more people will put pressure on them to add this feature :D   With Opus#2 the deep sleep also unpairs BT headphones, which is quite annoying.  I love the deep sleep, simply amazing to preserve battery life on Android based DAP, but we need at least a few minute time out before deep sleep kicks in.

Yup. Give me some time and I'll certainly let everyone know what I think. It's mostly positive so far. Just surprised at the lack of user control over the experience since it's an Android based DAP...

Dec 8, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #1,324 of 4,190
It's hard to deal with the deep sleep of Android and what the Bit done with it is really amazing for me :D
And these 3 hard button also in the same module (every device also did like this) so if they make a function waking up of the playback button then also forward and backward can wake the device on! then it's easy for accidentally active the device ~~~> no deep sleep anymore!
Specially for Opus $2 :D the buttons is more higher and easier to mis-click, and damn the buttons of Opus #2 is ****** hard to find when it in the case inside my pocket =)) I cry everytime when I mis-clicked with pause button =)) 
anw looking forward to the next separate update fw of Opus #2, from now on, there is not much difference between 2 of them compare to the price =)) 

Dec 8, 2016 at 11:23 AM Post #1,325 of 4,190
  Another thing, just a nitpicking to balance out all the praises I posted in the past (and continue posting)
tongue.gif
I wish the Dignis case would have cutouts for the buttons.  Yes, you can feel the indent and it's not a problem for the volume where you only have 2 of them, up and down.  But when it comes to Playback control buttons (the same with Opus#2), I have to slide my finger to zero into the play button in the middle so I don't push skip by mistake instead of pause.  When you have a cutout, once you put your finger across you know right away which button is which.  Could be just a personal preference.  Another advantage of cutout in the leather case, when DAP is in your pocket, you don't have to worry about buttons being pushed accidentally since the cutout recesses them, while indented button cover could be pushed by accident.

I'll join the nitpicking as well.  Heheh!  Another alternative is to have the volume buttons the cut out ones so that we'll just have to put our finger between those two to press pause/play.  ^__^

Dec 8, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #1,326 of 4,190
tongue.gif

For the Playback button on Opus #1, I used the NXT-2AK with it then when I tie them together with 2 bands, the top one I set it on the same position with Playback button, then everytime I want to push playback, just push to the band, otherwise 2 side of the band are next and back ^^
But with Opus 2, the band is cross over the middle of the volume if I do like Opus #1

Dec 9, 2016 at 1:22 AM Post #1,329 of 4,190

Are there any noteworthy changes in the new firmware?

•  Added "Confirmation" message on selecting Line-Out.
  • Support auto turn off the function of Line-out ( Whenever user plug on/off 3.5 mm audio jack)
  • Support 2 Line display for long folder name(filename) in folder browser screen.
  • Fixed tag issue in m4a
  • Fixed Windows10 connection issue in USB DAC mode.

Dec 9, 2016 at 1:26 AM Post #1,332 of 4,190

• Support auto turn off the function of Line-out ( Whenever user plug on/off 3.5 mm audio jack)
  • Support 2 Line display for long folder name(filename) in folder browser screen.
  • Fixed tag issue in m4a

Thank you very much.  I am considering buying an Opus 1 when I have some money next year.

Dec 9, 2016 at 3:26 AM Post #1,333 of 4,190
  theres new firmware. Firmware Version : 2.00.03

Thanks for the information.

• Fixed tag issue in m4a

I hope this new firmware really solves the USB DAC mode issues with Windows 10. Everytime I connected the OPUS#1 to the computer I had to uninstall the device and install it again to be able to use the DAC function. Besides, after one minute the player started doing a strange noise (like clicks) which were getting louder and louder until there was a cut in the sound, and then it started working properly for a while, but a few minutes later again the clicks appeared and the issue resumed again.

I´ll update my OPUS this afternoon, so I´ll let you know if those issues are really fixed or not. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back