thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Dec 1, 2016 at 12:57 AM Post #1,247 of 4,190
Well maybe you guys can clue me in but my SD card ive been using in my X3ii causes the Opus to constantly restart. Thought it was the Fiio FW update but that's actually not on my SD card. Either way I have the files internal for now.

Dec 1, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #1,251 of 4,190
That's another thing. I added my files to internal. Do their covers not automatically show up? The only cover I see for every song is the cover for the stock 3 songs.

Dec 1, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #1,252 of 4,190

I have the file name of multi disc album songs as 1-01, 1-02 for disc 1 and 2-01 and 2-02 for disc to songs.  It is not tagged in the track title only the filename.  I tagged each disc in the metadata itself. as well.  Would this show up in order of track then disc or would it show up by file name like it does in category view on my Fiio X5?  That is one of my very few issues with my X5?

Dec 1, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #1,253 of 4,190
My only issues with the new firmware are inability to fully charge, stopping at 97%.

The charging screen doesn't seem to be in sync with the battery level on the now playing screen. Even when battery is so low the machine turns off, the charging screen shows 10% and I've never been able to charge above 97%.

The only cover I see for every song is the cover for the stock 3 songs.

Have you put the music files in separate folders for each album with a folder.jpg in each?

having one track separated that are in a different format other than FLAC.

Check the extended fields for different albumartist information. I've compilation albums with mp3s and Flacs and they stay together under the same album name.

Dec 1, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #1,254 of 4,190

Check the extended fields for different albumartist information. I've compilation albums with mp3s and Flacs and they stay together under the same album name.

I plan to as I had to retag some titles previously, but this happened after the firmware update.  Before, everything had been in proper order.

Dec 2, 2016 at 2:06 AM Post #1,255 of 4,190
I spent a long time to get the tags right when I first got the player and so far, everything appears as it was before I updated the firmware. I don't embed the album art and have a folder.jpg in each album folder.

The two problems I have are:

1.If I select another song while one is still playing during the last 10 seconds or so, an error message appears.

2. When the player first starts to list the songs I select a song and if before the cataloging is finished, I select another song, its plays for about 5 seconds and then reverts back to playing the first song I selected. It doesn't happen with albums only individual songs. I think the opus is renumbering the songs as it discovers them and errors when another song is given the number of the one playing.

Dec 2, 2016 at 2:51 AM Post #1,256 of 4,190
All files from SD card moved to internal and no issues it seems. So must be with the format of the SD card. Not sure. Oh well... So any ROMs coming to this player since it's Android?

Dec 3, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #1,260 of 4,190
How about technicalities? Speed, detail, soundstage, imaging?

Never truly understood what warm meant. I know there is elevated bass, but what about mids?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back