thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Nov 29, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #1,231 of 4,190
  Very similar to the LPG. No issues with hiss with the Zeus ADEL XR, where there is hiss with the LPG. The SQ is similar as well, but the Opus has a smoother sound where the LPG is more up front. You can't go wrong with either one, but I guess it depends if Opus 2 gets Tidal/Streaming support. 

That's gonna bring the Opus#2 further ahead from LPG in terms of usage experience.  Having a streaming feature seems pretty basic for Android DAPs nowadays, let for a few like the i5, Opus#1, and some others released earlier this year.

Nov 29, 2016 at 9:35 AM Post #1,232 of 4,190
How does this DAP stack up with the Pioneer 100r and the Fiio x5ii and 7?

I'm looking for a dap that has a neutral to a tad bit brightish sounds sig.

I am coming from a x5i. Would this Opus be an upgrade or side grade?

Thanks ya all

Sent from Nokia 3210

Nov 29, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #1,233 of 4,190
Nov 29, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #1,236 of 4,190

New iPhone models capable of charging much faster than prior iPhones

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/new-iphone-models-capable-of-charging-much-faster-than-prior-iphones/

I never used an iphone charger as I found them slower than android phone chargers.

Nov 29, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #1,237 of 4,190
Yeah i was talking about the charger not the cable. Thanks pr0b3r and peter123

The iPhone or iPad charger will charge it without a problem. I wouldn't suggest using it with DAPs like the AK380 though. This is the one I typically use to charge all of my daps. https://www.amazon.com/Charge-Anker-Charger-Compatible-PowerPort/dp/B016LO811S/ref=sr_1_12?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1480449097&sr=1-12&keywords=anker+wall+charger

That's gonna bring the Opus#2 further ahead from LPG in terms of usage experience.  Having a streaming feature seems pretty basic for Android DAPs nowadays, let for a few like the i5, Opus#1, and some others released earlier this year.

I'm pretty excited for the #2 to get the streaming ability. I love my LPG, but I feel like the #2 has started to become my go to for everyday use. I dont use EQ, but LPG might have the edge in that area. 

Nov 29, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #1,238 of 4,190
Nov 30, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #1,240 of 4,190
  Does the Opus 1 have better sound quality and smoother and more responsive UI than my current original fiio X5?  I am unhappy with my X5 and Fiio's service/

Android Lollipop based (the background OS of Opus#1) touch screen interface vs 3 year old mechanical scrolling wheel interface on a smaller screen, is this even a fair comparison?  But why bother, it probably will never support M3U playlist which is your main DAP requirement based on the questions you have been asking in this thread as well as dp-x1 and dx80 threads.  There are too many DAPs.  Narrow down the list to only those supporting M3U playlist, and then go from there to choose the one which is within your budget.
beerchug.gif

Nov 30, 2016 at 12:09 AM Post #1,241 of 4,190

Android Lollipop based (the background OS of Opus#1) touch screen interface vs 3 year old mechanical scrolling wheel interface on a smaller screen, is this even a fair comparison?  But why bother, it probably will never support M3U playlist which is your main DAP requirement based on the questions you have been asking in this thread as well as dp-x1 and dx80 threads.  There are too many DAPs.  Narrow down the list to only those supporting M3U playlist, and then go from there to choose the one which is within your budget.
beerchug.gif

I am over the M3U playlist support thing.  As long a I can create playlists on the player it may be better in the long run.  M3U is too frustrating and difficult and not super useful to me anymore.  I am tired of dealing with Fiio as well.  Is the sound quality and UI of the Opus 1  as good or better than the DX80 and Onkyo DPX1?  Not expecting better than the Onkyo just fairly comparable. 

Nov 30, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #1,242 of 4,190

I am over the M3U playlist support thing.  As long a I can create playlists on the player it may be better in the long run.  M3U is too frustrating and difficult and not super useful to me anymore.  I am tired of dealing with Fiio as well.  Is the sound quality and UI of the Opus 1  as good or better than the DX80 and Onkyo DPX1?  Not expecting better than the Onkyo just fairly comparable. 

I have owned the DX80 and tried the Onkyo DPX1 on several occasion.
To my ears, the Opus#1 is a tier above them.

Nov 30, 2016 at 1:10 AM Post #1,243 of 4,190
  I have owned the DX80 and tried the Onkyo DPX1 on several occasion.
To my ears, the Opus#1 is a tier above them.

Okay.  Thank you.  It should be a great dap for me.  It is within my price range that I can ask for for Christmas or my birthday in January.  At least on Amazon.  That price is a steal for such a great dap

Users who are viewing this thread

Back