thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Nov 27, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #1,202 of 4,190
iBasso have said a few times dx200 should be ready before x-mas... i'm guessing the price will probably be closer to Opus 1 full price though so went ahead and hopped on that $400 sale :cool:

Nov 27, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #1,203 of 4,190
iBasso have said a few times dx200 should be ready before x-mas... i'm guessing the price will probably be closer to Opus 1 full price though so went ahead and hopped on that $400 sale :cool:

Can't go wrong with the Opus 1 for that price especially! I'm very satisfied with mine although I'm curious to see what the DX200 has to offer when it's released.

Nov 27, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #1,205 of 4,190

Absolutely, a valid point, man!

I sense sarcasm, I'll shut up now.
rolleyes.gif

Sarcasm? Not sure what you read between the lines, but I was honestly agreeing with your point.  Opus#1 at the current sale price is no-brainer.  Going up to Opus#2 and LPG which is a significantly added cost - you need to wait and see for Opus#2 fw update and wait for DX200 availability since nobody heard it yet.  All valid points, no sarcasm!
beerchug.gif

Nov 27, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #1,206 of 4,190
dx200... Why not? i'll wait for what people hear and write about it.

The way things are going, the Opus 3, 4 & 5 will get released before the DX200 ever comes out... Lol

Nov 27, 2016 at 2:50 PM Post #1,207 of 4,190
twister6
I'm already have opus 1 (lifted up bass and treble with EQ). Thinking about endgame DAP on this new year. In mind:
transparent, agressive, "in your face" sound, with a bit forvarded voices.

btw. My cans are Ultrasone Signature Pro.

I use the Lotoo Paw Gold with Ultrasone Signature Pro and I would say it truly defines “end game” status.  The Opus has great ease of use, but the sound quality is inferior compared to LPG and those Ultrasone cans tend to underscore it.

Nov 27, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #1,208 of 4,190
Sarcasm? Not sure what you read between the lines, but I was honestly agreeing with your point.  Opus#1 at the current sale price is no-brainer.  Going up to Opus#2 and LPG which is a significantly added cost - you need to wait and see for Opus#2 fw update and wait for DX200 availability since nobody heard it yet.  All valid points, no sarcasm!
:beerchug:

Sorry bro, must be still hungover from the Thanksgiving turkey tryptophan...:beerchug:

Nov 27, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #1,209 of 4,190
The way things are going, the Opus 3, 4 & 5 will get released before the DX200 ever comes out... Lol

To be honest, Lotto is to heavy for my wallet to go and buy it right now. Some time needed anyway.
Miracles happens some times. Maybe dx200 will be exactly what i'm looking for with more afortable price and touch screen... or not, we'll see :rolleyes:

Nov 27, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #1,210 of 4,190
To be honest, Lotto is to heavy for my wallet to go and buy it right now. Some time needed anyway.
Miracles happens some times. Maybe dx200 will be exactly what i'm looking for with more afortable price and touch screen... or not, we'll see :rolleyes:

Yeah Lotoo's pricey and I was just looking at the lotoo paw gold diana on Amazon which looks awesome but definitely not within budget.
The Opus 1 has been fine for me and I appreciate the timely firmware improvements but hopefully the coming months will bring some more DAPs for me to consider.

Nov 27, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #1,211 of 4,190
I just ordered the one from Amazon which is still on sale for $399.  I already received a notification from Amazon itself that the item was shipped already to the Shop&Ship New York address I used (because I'm in the middle east and there's no direct shipping here).  It will probably arrive in less than a week.  I think this will be a good deal considering the significant price drop plus the free Dignis case.  I have read more than half of the total pages in this thread and was quite happy to see the latest firmware update.  I'm hoping that my Cayin i5 would eventually have the same kind of overhaul as the Opus#1 just had.

Off topic.  I think by reading a few pages back, not sure if that's a shady character out there asking so many questions and saying a lot of negative things about the DAP (without actually having one).  If someone wants excellent clarity and details, why not use FLAC, WAV, or DSD?  320kbps MP3 files sound decent and saves a lot of space but they definitely won't have all the goodness of some FLAC or DSD recordings as I have experienced.  Sorry, don't want to start a war here.  I just noticed.

Nov 27, 2016 at 5:29 PM Post #1,212 of 4,190
Miracles happens some times. Maybe dx200 will be exactly what i'm looking for with more afortable price and touch screen... or not, we'll see
rolleyes.gif

Well, considering you've got the Ultrasone Signature Pro... you're definitely spending like Dudley Moore in "Arthur."

Nov 27, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #1,213 of 4,190

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back