thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Nov 26, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #1,186 of 4,190
Yes, this is official seller distributor of Opus. I meant "no way" because i couldn't believe the price went down that low, and it includes a Dignis leather case.

Yeah. That is unbelievable. The leather cases made by Dignis are at least $50 a piece.

Nov 26, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #1,187 of 4,190
  I am not going to bu Opus 1.  Just curious what kind of scam exactly.  Sounds like they just steal your money and they don't ship you anything.

I have no idea lol!!!!  But I already seen it mentioned in a few places where people were talking about some other headphones and DAPs sold by shady sellers that just opened an account before BF, offer a product at a reduced price to get your attention so you click to put in the shopping cart, and then requiring you to contact them before order is approved.  I'm just guessing you will have to pay something like $200 in shipping to compensate for the difference in price lol!!!  Again, just guessing, have no idea, and don't want to try it.  Amazon became like eBay, a lot of multiple listings under every product.  So you have to know who you are buying from instead of just blindly hitting Add to Cart button.  When you are dealing with Fulfilled by Amazon, it usually means a legitimate seller who has their stock in Amazon warehouse where it's going to be shipped from, not from overseas.  And if something is wrong with a product, you are dealing with Amazon and returning back to them, rather than dealing directly with a seller, restocking fees, and sometime even paying money to ship back.  I learned it the hard way :frowning2:  I'm not saying everything is a scam.  There are tons of legitimate sellers from overseas, but I would contact them before placing the order to clarify everything.

Now back to Opus#1 :)  I'm surprised the deal is still on (still $399), because I noticed a number of other BF deals went away, like HD598Cs was only $99 for a day and now back to $149.  Wondering if the sale will be going through Cyber Monday, or maybe they are trying to move the stock.

Nov 26, 2016 at 10:31 PM Post #1,188 of 4,190
They will ask you to contact them outside of amazon and make payment via transfer or something also outside of amazon.
Then your money is lost. If you try to order via normal amazon cart you will get a message after a while that your order is cancelled.

If you see an unbelievable offer at amazon and seller asks you to contact him first via email --> stay away!

As usual: If it sounds too good to be true that's exactly what it is!

Nov 26, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #1,189 of 4,190
Better yet, report them.

Nov 27, 2016 at 5:19 AM Post #1,191 of 4,190
Another uk stockist has shown up with amp3 showing it now.  Main reason to possibly order it from there instead of hifheadphones is that they regularly have a 10% off code. Not in stock atm.

Nov 27, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #1,193 of 4,190
Guys, did someone compared Opus 1 to Lotto paw Gold? Worth it?

I have in my review earlier this year, just don't recall which FW# for Opus#1.  Don't expect Opus#1 to sound exactly the same or better than LPG, in terms of a technical performance Opus#2 is the one on par with LPG, though a slightly different signature.  In general Opus has a little more relaxed bass and a slightly warmer and fuller body sound.  In my opinion, both have a similar retrieval of details, while LPG has better transparency and improved dynamics (in comparison to Opus#1), while transparency/dynamics of Opus#2 is almost the same as LPG.  The difference is definitely not night'n'day.  One thing that stands out with LPG, as long as you don't have sensitive/hissing IEMs, it has a blacker background and faster transient of notes (sharper transition of note on/off).  They have their similarities and differences.  Touch screen interface, dual mcroSD, optical out, balanced output are the big pluses of Opus#1, while LPG is built like a tank, more compact, and has one of the best ParametricEQs I have seen.  Also, keep in mind, you can get Opus#1 w/Dignis leather case for $399 on amazon now, while LPG on sale is the same price as Opus#2.

Nov 27, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #1,194 of 4,190
twister6
I'm already have opus 1 (lifted up bass and treble with EQ). Thinking about endgame DAP on this new year. In mind:
transparent, agressive, "in your face" sound, with a bit forvarded voices.

btw. My cans are Ultrasone Signature Pro.

Nov 27, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #1,195 of 4,190
twister6
I'm already have opus 1 (lifted up bass and treble with EQ). Thinking about endgame DAP on this new year. In mind:

In that case, as long as you don't mind lack of touch screen, definitely check out LPG.

Nov 27, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #1,196 of 4,190
twister6

In that case, as long as you don't mind lack of touch screen, definitely check out LPG.

How about the (hopefully) upcoming DX200?

Nov 27, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #1,197 of 4,190

How about the (hopefully) upcoming DX200?

How about it? Nobody heard it yet
frown.gif

Nov 27, 2016 at 2:22 PM Post #1,198 of 4,190
Might be worth the wait is my point...

Nov 27, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #1,199 of 4,190
Nov 27, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #1,200 of 4,190

Users who are viewing this thread

Back