thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Dec 3, 2016 at 11:15 PM Post #1,266 of 4,190
875da908cafb32fa8cd3fb0bd2d37eca.png

Optical out to avoid double amping.

Now after the lollipop update i use the line out setting.

efefbedfdb8048887a99e9a30c7bade2.jpg

Dec 3, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #1,268 of 4,190
As I am fairly new to the portable game, I'm not sure if I understand what's to gain here. Is the amp section in the centrance superior? Why wouldn't you just use a phone with the centrance if that was the case? Or are you utilizing the dac of the opus with the amp of the centrance? Sorry, not familiar with what the optical out gives you

Dec 4, 2016 at 1:04 AM Post #1,269 of 4,190
Enjoying Opus so far, probably the closest I have found to my long serving A10 walkman- clean sound, though treble seems a little on the soft side of my preference, but maybe that was just a peculiar headphone synergy or me not quite finding the volume sweet spot (love the volume adjustment very reasonably stepped). Is there anyway to prevent the database from resetting every every time the device is turned off? (I saw some earlier comments about standby mode not taking much battery life but still it'd be nice if the device didn't have to re-scan if I do shut it off)

As I am fairly new to the portable game, I'm not sure if I understand what's to gain here. Is the amp section in the centrance superior? Why wouldn't you just use a phone with the centrance if that was the case? Or are you utilizing the dac of the opus with the amp of the centrance? Sorry, not familiar with what the optical out gives you

optical out is digital only transport, Opus dac would not be used- one advantage I can think of is that it should avoid a lot of compatability issues USB can have (although can have some of its own from what I've read)... also from what iv'e read the actual physical connection tends to be more reliable than mini-USB even the new USB-c which I've found are disconnect-prone in on-the-go situations & not very pocket friendly.

How about technicalities? Speed, detail, soundstage, imaging?

Never truly understood what warm meant. I know there is elevated bass, but what about mids?

Musical is the one that gets me every time :confused_face_2: There's always the glossary I guess http://www.head-fi.org/t/220770/describing-sound-a-glossary personally find so many of the terms very "relative" and only really useful when familiar with a person's opinions on gear we have in common.

Dec 4, 2016 at 5:05 AM Post #1,270 of 4,190
Good day to all!  Just want to ask some questions about the screen protector for the Opus#1.  How many pieces was there in the box when it came to you?  Was it already applied to the unit or not?  Mine came with a single screen protector (not yet applied) and a plastic sheet was on the screen, the one that we usually peel off our touch screen devices.  I wonder how you got yours.

Another concern is about the back panel.  One corner is a bit detached.  No big gap whatsoever, just not flushed with the rest of the areas.  Fortunately, I have the leather case to hold it together.

Dec 4, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #1,271 of 4,190
  Good day to all!  Just want to ask some questions about the screen protector for the Opus#1.  How many pieces was there in the box when it came to you?  Was it already applied to the unit or not?  Mine came with a single screen protector (not yet applied) and a plastic sheet was on the screen, the one that we usually peel off our touch screen devices.  I wonder how you got yours.

Another concern is about the back panel.  One corner is a bit detached.  No big gap whatsoever, just not flushed with the rest of the areas.  Fortunately, I have the leather case to hold it together.

I bought mine in Europe, and it comes with a plastic sheet applied which must be removed, one front screen protector and one back protector.

My OPUS#1 does not have that issue you decribed. Maybe you have to ask for a replacement.  

Dec 4, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #1,272 of 4,190

I'd think about asking for a replacement. It's damaged and you don't want it to get worse. I've had mine for months now and no sign of any damage or detachment.

Dec 4, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #1,273 of 4,190

I'd think about asking for a replacement. It's damaged and you don't want it to get worse. I've had mine for months now and no sign of any damage or detachment.

Thanks.  I've already sent an email with these photos as attachments to ProStudio Sound & Music store from Amazon.  I hope they can do something about this slightly damaged unit.

Dec 4, 2016 at 3:41 PM Post #1,274 of 4,190
Thanks.  I've already sent an email with these photos as attachments to ProStudio Sound & Music store from Amazon.  I hope they can do something about this slightly damaged unit.

Good luck, if you recently purchased I don't see why you shouldn't be able to get a new replacement.

Dec 4, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #1,275 of 4,190
Good luck, if you recently purchased I don't see why you shouldn't be able to get a new replacement.

Very recent.  Got it 2 days ago only.  However, I got it from Amazon US, shipped to Shop & Ship US address then to Qatar.  I hope I won't have to handle the shipping fee if they want the defective unit to be returned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back