thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Dec 4, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #1,276 of 4,190
Unfortunately I don't know anything about international shipping returns. Amazon is usually pretty good to work with though.

Dec 5, 2016 at 2:12 AM Post #1,279 of 4,190
In 2014 I orderet a rare music CD from California, and EMS delivered it n Crimea (Russia) after 10 months... But it was not broken :D

That's patience! Longest I've waited was 4 months for a headphone cable!

Dec 5, 2016 at 3:58 AM Post #1,280 of 4,190

Very recent.  Got it 2 days ago only.  However, I got it from Amazon US, shipped to Shop & Ship US address then to Qatar.  I hope I won't have to handle the shipping fee if they want the defective unit to be returned.

I only deal with Amazon JP before. They have me pay for the shipping first, after they have received. They reimburse me the shipping fee (from my country to Japan) and full refund (I opt for refund as it was an earphone with channel imbalance issue).

I'm getting Opus #1 and #11 in tomorrow. I've heard a lot of good things about them and wanted to hear for myself and let people know how they stack up against the rest of my collection. Should be fun!

I bet you would like it! 
biggrin.gif

Dec 5, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #1,282 of 4,190
  it seems that I'm having this issue as well. Other than that, Not sure did anyone realize it.
When you try to click previous track when the current track that is playing is going to finish. It just won't change. :S

I have the firmware build 2.00 and the battery charges normally, reaching 100% level.  I unplug it then leave it be for a few hours then see that battery still at 100%.  I guess that the sleep mode feature is still working well.

Dec 5, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #1,283 of 4,190
The main charging screen displays a different value from the battery icon on the now playing screen.
The icon showed 20% when I connected the opus to the mains. The charging screen showed 35%.

Dec 6, 2016 at 3:06 AM Post #1,289 of 4,190
Listened with several top-notch IEM tonight with some electronic and metal. IEM included CA Ei.XX + H8.2, CFA Vega, and iBasso IT03. Opus #1 gets a thumbs up from me so far. I like the rather neutral tuning. Soundstage is good. Navigation is super easy with the touchscreen and well-organized gui. Can't argue with having 2 x mSD cards + internal storage. Also can't argue with having three gain settings. Unless I'm missing something, I'd like settings for breakpoint memory, folder playthrough, and button functionality while the screen is off. Not sure I'm down with the gold play button in the touchscreen interface, either - a bit bling-bling for me, lol.

Dec 6, 2016 at 3:57 AM Post #1,290 of 4,190
Listened with several top-notch IEM tonight with some electronic and metal. IEM included CA Ei.XX + H8.2, CFA Vega, and iBasso IT03. Opus #1 gets a thumbs up from me so far. I like the rather neutral tuning. Soundstage is good. Navigation is super easy with the touchscreen and well-organized gui. Can't argue with having 2 x mSD cards + internal storage. Also can't argue with having three gain settings. Unless I'm missing something, I'd like settings for breakpoint memory, folder playthrough, and button functionality while the screen is off. Not sure I'm down with the gold play button in the touchscreen interface, either - a bit bling-bling for me, lol.

Have you noticed the driving power of Opus#1 when using the IT03?  Even though the specs says IT03 has 8 ohms only, still you need to crank up the volume of the Opus#1 up to 100 something in middle gain.  Or maybe I just got used to the Cayin i5 which drives the IT03 easily in lower volume levels.

Is it just me or is this DAP really unforgiving for not so good recordings?  I noticed some flaws on some albums, which I used to listen to with i5 having less to almost no flaws at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back