thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Nov 28, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #1,218 of 4,190
I see alot of headfi buddies here and am really tempted by the Amazon special. It's not like I need another DAP, but I've been curious about Opus #1 for awhile now...

Get it 
biggrin.gif
 . The force is strong on this one.

Nov 28, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #1,219 of 4,190
If I had a ton of disposable income I would buy one on Amazon on sale, but due to the lack of funds and playlist support I am not digging it..  It does not seem like M3U8 or M3U is in the future for this dap if it was I would buy it because the regular price is still pretty good for what you are getting.

Nov 28, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #1,220 of 4,190
  If I had a ton of disposable income I would buy one on Amazon on sale, but due to the lack of funds and playlist support I am not digging it..  It does not seem like M3U8 or M3U is in the future for this dap if it was I would buy it because the regular price is still pretty good for what you are getting.

And yet, you are still addicted to this thread
wink.gif

Nov 29, 2016 at 12:39 AM Post #1,222 of 4,190
I couldn't resist as I was just looking for a high quality DAP for cheap to use with my 64 audio U10. 399 with case, definitely looking forward to them. Now it's just the wait, add I don't have prime anymore :frowning2:

Nov 29, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #1,224 of 4,190
  Just yesterday the Opus#1 on Amazon says "Only 15 left in stock."  Now it's down to only 2!  Haha!

It really is an incredible value for this DAP. If I didnt buy the Opus 2, I would still use the Opus 1 in rotation with some of the other DAPs I own. I was thinking about selling my Opus 1 after I got the 2, but I keep thinking I would immediately regret that decision. 

Nov 29, 2016 at 7:59 AM Post #1,226 of 4,190
Woohoo just bought the opus#1. How long should i let it burn in? can i revert the firmware after an update? Thank you guys

The latest firmware stated that it was not reversible, but I can see absolutely no reason why you would want to go back. As for burn in, I suggest you enjoy it straight out of the box.

Nov 29, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #1,228 of 4,190
  It really is an incredible value for this DAP. If I didnt buy the Opus 2, I would still use the Opus 1 in rotation with some of the other DAPs I own. I was thinking about selling my Opus 1 after I got the 2, but I keep thinking I would immediately regret that decision. 

I saw that the Opus#1 2nd version has improved components.  I wonder how the sq changed from the 1st verision.

Opus#2 is way out of my budget now so I'm not that keen on getting one.  However, it would still be welcome to know how far the performance and sq has changed.  Alex already mentioned that it is along LPG level.

Nov 29, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #1,229 of 4,190

I saw that the Opus#1 2nd version has improved components.  I wonder how the sq changed from the 1st verision.

Opus#2 is way out of my budget now so I'm not that keen on getting one.  However, it would still be welcome to know how far the performance and sq has changed.  Alex already mentioned that it is along LPG level.

Very similar to the LPG. No issues with hiss with the Zeus ADEL XR, where there is hiss with the LPG. The SQ is similar as well, but the Opus has a smoother sound where the LPG is more up front. You can't go wrong with either one, but I guess it depends if Opus 2 gets Tidal/Streaming support. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back