thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Nov 15, 2016 at 12:27 AM Post #1,066 of 4,190

Me either. :/
As @frankrondaniel  said.

Thanks all for the details.

But still, with DSD and PCM bit rate indicated as the same time, which format does the #1 is playing the DSD files? Natively? PCM?
Unsure whether i should update the FW now 
confused.gif

Nov 15, 2016 at 12:30 AM Post #1,067 of 4,190
  Thanks all for the details.

But still, with DSD and PCM bit rate indicated as the same time, which format does the #1 is playing the DSD files? Natively? PCM?
Unsure whether i should update the FW now 
confused.gif

That's the question we have at this point I think - is it playing native DSD and the display is misleading, or is it down-sampling to PCM.

Nov 15, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #1,069 of 4,190
Nov 15, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #1,070 of 4,190
The Opus #1 had four disadvantages to me:
No digital out
No gain switch
No line out
No USB DAC support

Just learned about the optical output and the rest was fixed through the new update, needless to say I'm pretty happy right now :wink:

Nov 15, 2016 at 1:14 AM Post #1,071 of 4,190
How is the battery life with the latest Lollipop firmware?  How many hours? Has anybody purchased an Opus 1 recently with the screen not perfectly seated or applied to the casing or housing?  How many hours of battery life are people getting with older firmware hour wise?

Nov 15, 2016 at 1:19 AM Post #1,072 of 4,190
  How is the battery life with the latest Lollipop firmware?  How many hours? Has anybody purchased an Opus 1 recently with the screen not perfectly seated or applied to the casing or housing?  How many hours of battery life are people getting with older firmware hour wise?

From 97%to 40% takes 6 hour . Mix of mp3, flac and high res file.

Nov 15, 2016 at 1:37 AM Post #1,075 of 4,190
Has anybody purchased an Opus 1 recently with the screen not perfectly seated or applied to the casing or housing?  Are there any glaring issues with the Opus 1's reliability?  Any common problems, bugs, defects or quirks present?  I do need a dap that is reliable has good battery life and that is not too difficult to figure out how to use.  Would this be a good choice?  I am on a pretty tight budget for a new dap and accessories.  I am coming from a beloved Fiio X5 original generation which I find great for my needs.  I have found it very reliable.  I have had it over 2 years with never needing to send it in for warranty or repair. 

Nov 15, 2016 at 2:14 AM Post #1,076 of 4,190
Hello, I'm new here from HK who own the Opus #1 for a few months already. Nice to meet u guys!

I just update the latest firmware which they already put it back few hours ago. I was followed the instruction to place the firmware file in the root directory of the external memory (SD card) and when the player restart and ready to install the firmware, It had a pop up said "firmware file not find". And the machine said " turn off the player". I turn it off and check the SD card, the firmware file was still inside the card. Try to use the other sd card for that but the machine still said firmware file not find. I was done so many times for update before, it was no problem except this time. So, any method that i can fix it? Does Opus#1 have a hard reset buttons? its now stuck at the firmware update process......maybe need to send back to the factory i think. Thanks everyone~!

Nov 15, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #1,077 of 4,190
Hello, I'm new here from HK who own the Opus #1 for a few months already. Nice to meet u guys!

I just update the latest firmware which they already put it back few hours ago. I was followed the instruction to place the firmware file in the root directory of the external memory (SD card) and when the player restart and ready to install the firmware, It had a pop up said "firmware file not find". And the machine said " turn off the player". I turn it off and check the SD card, the firmware file was still inside the card. Try to use the other sd card for that but the machine still said firmware file not find. I was done so many times for update before, it was no problem except this time. So, any method that i can fix it? Does Opus#1 have a hard reset buttons? its now stuck at the firmware update process......maybe need to send back to the factory i think. Thanks everyone~!

Try put the 2 files to internal root directory.
I had the same issues 2 hours back but now its all good

Nov 15, 2016 at 2:45 AM Post #1,078 of 4,190
Try put the 2 files to internal root directory.
I had the same issues 2 hours back but now its all good

I'm stucking at the firmware update process when i turn on the player. it means I cant back to the normal player status. Can you tell me how to go into the internal drive if it stucking at that status? Thank you so much for you help~!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back