thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Nov 15, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #1,098 of 4,190
  Can I power off the Opus 1 when I am not using without rescanning upon power on?  I would really prefer not to burn through battery.  Is there a way to not power it down completely and save battery?

sleep mode ftw

The sleep mode turns the Opus#1 completely off after the period of time you have established on settings, so it has to be powered on again if you want to use it, thus it rescans again all the songs. It does not remember the last song played and the songs can not be played until they have been scanned. In case you have two memory cards with thousands of songs, the time to rescan them on every power on will be really noticeable.

Nov 15, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #1,099 of 4,190
 The sleep mode turns the Opus#1 completely off after the period of time you have established on settings, so it has to be powered on again if you want to use it, thus it rescans again all the songs. It does not remember the last song played and the songs can not be played until they have been scanned. In case you have two memory cards with thousands of songs, the time to rescan them on every power on will be really noticeable.

pretty sure that's not how mine works...
after the timer runs out, sleep mode is activated and u can wake the device up with a click of the power button and everything is where it was when u left it
at least that's how it worked prior FW 2.0

Nov 15, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #1,103 of 4,190
Another tidbit, i am
Finding the music is normalized now. In the sense that every track is the same volume, before i would have some albums louder than the others.

Nice

Nov 15, 2016 at 5:32 PM Post #1,106 of 4,190
  Hi! Where can I buy the Dignis leather case? Or some other options? Thanks.

Are you in US?  Did you buy Opus#1 or planning to buy it?  Amazon has a bundle HERE for $499 for Opus#1 with Dignis case.  I mean, the case is branded as Opus Audio but it's made by Dignis.  If you already bought Opus#1 without a case, maybe you can contact MusicTeck since they are one of the official theBIt distributors?

Nov 15, 2016 at 9:55 PM Post #1,110 of 4,190
  So Sleep Mode is not really Sleep Mode when it times out now?  It just powers completely off and upon power on it must scan again?  With the amount of song I have it would probably take 6 hours to scan.

Hello

The Sleep Mode is just like other smartphones, when you put your phone to sleep by the click of the Start button.
Opus #1 has the same function as above, and it will not re-scan the files you have in your internal/external storage when the device is turn on again.
It will go back to the song you have paused earlier.

The only one time the scanning is require when you have powered off the device completely and power it on again.

Hope the above clarification helps. 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back