thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Jun 21, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #3,813 of 4,190
@Ravinder, are you at the latest firmware? (I know it has to come back to life 1st). Get there. The later firmware are worlds better than what mine came with. Anything can sit I stock for years until someone buys it, coming with an old firmware.

I did not even get the chance to update its firmware and put mSd card in it. It was switched on twice for 10-15 minutes each before it went dead. Anyway it happened within seven days and has been sent back for replacement.

Will do the same as soon as I get the replacement.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #3,814 of 4,190
Mine doesn't ! I really, really wish it did. Are you using 2.09 firmware ? I only ever use folder view and would love it to keep playing after an album finishes, like my old Fiios used to.
I'd like to be able to delete files too, but that's a bit harder I guess.

I have never found a play through folder option. I wish it did have that. I do have the option on my Cayin N3 and my Hidizs AP200. My little Ruizu A50 does it automatically. Sometimes I wish I had the option to disable it.

I often use artist view because I have no idea which artists are on which card. If only I had just done it alphabetically. I have to use folder view for various artists albums or classical because otherwise it is a mess.

Jun 21, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #3,816 of 4,190
Then I dont understand what "play thru folders" means. I take is as...

- click the three stacked lines on the top left
- click Folders
- click the < back arrow at the top left.
- click thru to where I want to play from ... one album or at a higher directory level with a few to many folders
- click the right arrow surrounded by a circle.
- folder(s) play.

If not that, what is it?

Edit: so does it mean you select one folder to play, it ends, and goes into the next in the dir structure? If so, okay.

Well, I categorize everything in a music root, then the rip format (Redbook, live from archive.org, HDTracks, etc.], then genre folders, then artist folders, then albums. Can play from any of those levels. Playing the folders if you start anywhere but an album, say at the artist or genre level.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2018 at 4:23 AM Post #3,818 of 4,190
Then I dont understand what "play thru folders" means. I take is as...

- click the three stacked lines on the top left
- click Folders
- click the < back arrow at the top left.
- click thru to where I want to play from ... one album or at a higher directory level with a few to many folders
- click the right arrow surrounded by a circle.
- folder(s) play.

If not that, what is it?

Edit: so does it mean you select one folder to play, it ends, and goes into the next in the dir structure? If so, okay.

Well, I categorize everything in a music root, then the rip format (Redbook, live from archive.org, HDTracks, etc.], then genre folders, then artist folders, then albums. Can play from any of those levels. Playing the folders if you start anywhere but an album, say at the artist or genre level.

Starting to get to the bottom of this now ! Thanks to m8o for steering me in the right direction.
If you navigate (as m8o said) to the folders view, and click on the play button with the two-arrowed ring around it to the right of the folder you want to play, it will play everything in that folder AND its subfolders . I just had a quick test and if I click on (for example) my Porcupine Tree folder. it starts to play the first track of the first folder, and shows that I am playing track 1 of 167. (I'm a big fan). It is 'kind-of' playing through folders, but not as intuitive as just doing it universally. You don't seem to be able to start from anywhere but the first track. Slightly better than not having it at all - in my view anyway !

Jun 24, 2018 at 7:39 AM Post #3,820 of 4,190
... GAPLESS ISSUE...

I have mp3 files (C,S,N&Y 1974-a live in-concert album) that play through perfectly in iTunes. However, on my #1Metal Premium each track is separated by a short gap. Gapless is turned ON in settings. Other FLAC files of gapless albums (ex: Abbey Road, side 2) play through gapless. Any suggestions or information would be appreciated.
Note: The tracks in question were converted from 16/44 FLAC to mp3 (Lame) using dB Batch Converter.
(The FLAC files also play gapless in foobar2000)

Thanks!

Jun 24, 2018 at 7:54 AM Post #3,821 of 4,190
... GAPLESS ISSUE...

I have mp3 files (C,S,N&Y 1974-a live in-concert album) that play through perfectly in iTunes. However, on my #1Metal Premium each track is separated by a short gap. Gapless is turned ON in settings. Other FLAC files of gapless albums (ex: Abbey Road, side 2) play through gapless. Any suggestions or information would be appreciated.
Note: The tracks in question were converted from 16/44 FLAC to mp3 (Lame) using dB Batch Converter.
(The FLAC files also play gapless in foobar2000)

Thanks!

Seems like the solution would be to use the FLAC files:) Maybe a different setting needs to be used with the conversion program?

What happens if you put the mp3s in foobar?

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2018 at 9:37 AM Post #3,822 of 4,190
Seems like the solution would be to use the FLAC files:) Maybe a different setting needs to be used with the conversion program?

What happens if you put the mp3s in foobar?
Those mp3 files play gapless in foobar2000. I was trying to save space on my ext. micro sd card, so I created an iTunes folder on internal storage filled with music I enjoy, but don't listen to critically. This particular album falls into that category, for me. ( I have other CSNY - group & individuals - albums as FLACs, though.)

Thanks!

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #3,823 of 4,190
Just got a used Opus one and am extremely pleased with the sound quality, miles ahead of the dx80. Everything is great except that the unit does not appear to read .cue sheets...? Really? I've tried searching for a solution in this thread and the broader internets without any luck. I am running what I believe is the latest firmware, I don't have it in front of me but something like 2.00.09. Is there a workaround for this? Seems crazy that such a foundational element of usability would have been either overlooked or omitted. Thanks for any help

Jul 4, 2018 at 4:53 PM Post #3,825 of 4,190
Anyone here know where I can get a replacement leather case?
It's *possible* MusicTeck (in the US) may have them available: https://shop.musicteck.com. Also try searching Mitre cases on ebay for them, I believe they supplied the case for the Opus#1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back