thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Jun 3, 2018 at 6:33 AM Post #3,796 of 4,190
If you don't mind only having a single SD slot, it seems that the DX150 would be a very good fit for you.

Yeap, that too.

Jun 3, 2018 at 6:58 AM Post #3,797 of 4,190
I do not know the specifics for Metal version, however I do know that the AK70ii has the same amount of detail retrieval as the N5ii. Difference is probably just sound signature and "layering/airy-ness*.
My thoughts exactly when I compared the 2. The N5ii just has a more transparent sound so the details are more apparent.

The AK70ii has a mellow sound that doesn't hit very hard so I didn't really like it's percussion performance. If you want sound that hits hard, it's not for you. It kinda reminds me of the Hidizs AP200 in that aspect. Everything else is significantly better.

Jun 3, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #3,798 of 4,190
My thoughts exactly when I compared the 2. The N5ii just has a more transparent sound so the details are more apparent.

The AK70ii has a mellow sound that doesn't hit very hard so I didn't really like it's percussion performance. If you want sound that hits hard, it's not for you. It kinda reminds me of the Hidizs AP200 in that aspect. Everything else is significantly better.

At the end of the day, to each his own. That's probably the biggest dilemma. Especially if it's different preferences or IEMs being used.

Best to try them if you can. Hahaha.

Jun 3, 2018 at 7:45 AM Post #3,799 of 4,190
If you don't mind only having a single SD slot, it seems that the DX150 would be a very good fit for you.

I need atleast 500GB of space so would need two slots. I have already bought 256GB mSD card for future DAP.

You mean sound will be on brighter side?

Jun 3, 2018 at 7:57 AM Post #3,800 of 4,190
I do not know the specifics for Metal version, however I do know that the AK70ii has the same amount of detail retrieval as the N5ii. Difference is probably just sound signature and "layering/airy-ness*.

Maybe you would want to look at the Opus #1s. But I definitely know you would love the AK70ii given your desired sound signature.

Yeah the #1S should be a great option for what he's looking for.

Jun 3, 2018 at 9:02 AM Post #3,801 of 4,190
You mean sound will be on brighter side?
The sound is just more neutral. I've yet to hear a bright sounding DAP to be honest.

Jun 4, 2018 at 12:35 AM Post #3,802 of 4,190
Planning to ugrade from Opus#1 original. Been eyeing the Hiby R6 and iBasso DX150 or other DAPs around 400 to 500 usd max. Any recommendations? I would probably prefer one using Sabre DACs or anything which sounds close to neutral, not so warm but not too bright. I’ve been reading some reviews saying the Opus#1s being too warm. Not a fan of FiiO DAPs. TIA!

Jun 4, 2018 at 1:28 AM Post #3,803 of 4,190
Planning to ugrade from Opus#1 original. Been eyeing the Hiby R6 and iBasso DX150 or other DAPs around 400 to 500 usd max. Any recommendations? I would probably prefer one using Sabre DACs or anything which sounds close to neutral, not so warm but not too bright. I’ve been reading some reviews saying the Opus#1s being too warm. Not a fan of FiiO DAPs. TIA!
The DX150 sounds superb imo. It's slightly warm but close to neutral.

The usage of DACs isn't really that important as long as the implementation is alright. AKM chips can sound as good as or better than the sabre chips if they are implemented properly.

If you MUST have a sabre DAP then theres the Cayin N5ii which is really great in its price range but personally i think the sound of the DX150 is one step up.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #3,804 of 4,190
Does anyone know why when I press on different songs, most of the time the player will just do nothing. It just goes back to the song art that was previously opened and stay paused.
EDIT: Nevermind. Seems the latest firmware is *supposed* to fix this.

On a second note, does anyone know who to contact for manufacturer's warranty with the metal premium OPUS #1? Mine just died completely and won't turn on at all. Even charging with the official cable doesn't turn on the screen.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2018 at 11:53 PM Post #3,805 of 4,190
First one is always difficult to buy. :)

As I said earlier I am looking for DAP with neutral sonic signature not on analytical side but on slightly warmer side if I have to chose a side. I prefer somewhat rolled off higher frequencies, strong midbass/midrange and tight punchy bass which you can feel more than you hear it.:)

Like you I have also read many reviews regarding N5ii being more on analytical and Kann on warmer side. This is why I was interested in MK70ii until I read about Opus#1 and landed here. If its metal version is sonically similar to MK70ii then there is no reason I should buy MK70ii as its double the price of Opus. I have heard that screen of Opus is more on brighter side which will be very useful in car. N5ii has dull screen I know as compared to its rivals.
I do not need bluetooth or any other feature which MK70ii has in addition to Opus.

But even if MK70ii is somewhat better than Opus I won't mind the double price as I know the returns in sound quality are not equally proportional to money spend as we move higher.

Based on sound advice from fellow members placed the order for Opus #1 and received it on 13th. I listened three stored hires songs with 1more quad iem and quite liked the sonic signature. Slightly warmer but not too much.
But there is one problem. Yesterday I was again listening these songs and got busier for 10 minutes or so. I paused it though from screen. Screen remained on and it was in front of me whole time. Then after 10 minutes I again played from screen (media player) the screen got off immediately and it never came on.

I thought battery has died so I charged it for 7-8 hours with supplied cable. But it has not powered on since then even after pressing the power button for more than 10 sec. It may have gone to suspension mode which it will stay for 4 weeks I read from manual.

Is it so or the unit is faulty?
BTW I did not change any setting.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2018 at 1:58 AM Post #3,806 of 4,190
Based on sound advice from fellow members placed the order for Opus #1 and received it on 13th. I listened three stored hires songs with 1more quad iem and quite liked the sonic signature. Slightly warmer but not too much.
But there is one problem. Yesterday I was again listening these songs and got busier for 10 minutes or so. I paused it though from screen. Screen remained on and it was in front of me whole time. Then after 10 minutes I again played from screen (media player) the screen got off immediately and it never came on.

I thought battery has died so I charged it for 7-8 hours with supplied cable. But it has not powered on since then even after pressing the power button for more than 10 sec. It may have gone to suspension mode which it will stay for 4 weeks I read from manual.

Is it so or the unit is faulty?
BTW I did not change any setting.

Don't remember having this problem myself but a few suggestions:
While you charged it was the display off? Even if the device is fully powered down it shows a charging indication on the display when connected to USB power (at least this is true of the firmware versions I have used). This should at least let you know if the display is working or not.
Also try connect it to an android phone, if the device is on but the screen isn't working, it should show up as an available MTP host in the notifications (at least on my phone it does), unless in the opus USB settigns it wass set to "charge only".
I guess if it is somehow stuck in suspend mode as you suspect, neither of these would have any effect, though connecting it to a phone would at least help you deplete the battery more quickly.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2018 at 9:11 AM Post #3,807 of 4,190
Don't remember having this problem myself but a few suggestions:
While you charged it was the display off? Even if the device is fully powered down it shows a charging indication on the display when connected to USB power (at least this is true of the firmware versions I have used). This should at least let you know if the display is working or not.
Also try connect it to an android phone, if the device is on but the screen isn't working, it should show up as an available MTP host in the notifications (at least on my phone it does), unless in the opus USB settigns it wass set to "charge only".
I guess if it is somehow stuck in suspend mode as you suspect, neither of these would have any effect, though connecting it to a phone would at least help you deplete the battery more quickly.

When I connected it to charger yesterday screen showed battery and then I went to bed thinking that battery has died. In the morning screen was off again. Connecting to window laptop and android does not change anything.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #3,809 of 4,190
Last edited:
Jun 21, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #3,810 of 4,190
@Ravinder, are you at the latest firmware? (I know it has to come back to life 1st). Get there. The later firmware are worlds better than what mine came with. Anything can sit I stock for years until someone buys it, coming with an old firmware.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back