thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Jun 22, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #2,641 of 4,190
Anybody use Mojo with their Opus? Is there any improvement?

i got this to use with my hugo.
Daaaark? What headphones are you using?
I mostly buy music online, have ripped a few with iTunes to AIFF, from which I convert using http://www.mediahuman.com/audio-converter/ (amazing tool for free)
Some say there are better ways (softwares like Easy Audio Copy) but I see no issues with this, especially considering how little I need conversion nowdays.

an old iem, compac audio stage 4 and grado sr80i. i'm used to an ipod(with or without a solo) so it's nice to have something different.

Jun 22, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #2,642 of 4,190
I have tried my opus1 with trinity master balanced and unbalanced 3.5mm i would say there is a difference on the master , more control on top end better sub bass and slightly more detail overall...i wouldn't say it was night and day on the trinity master but definitely there.
It might be even more beneficial on higher end iems.
Interesting, thank you! Another reason to try it balanced.

Jun 22, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #2,643 of 4,190

I own both and I do pair them sometimes. I get a smoother and more bodied sound, warmer too. Soundstage only gets better because both already have good stage. This is a must try but I can't say if one should get a Mojo if they already have the Opus#1, since the DAP itself already sound good.

Don't even have the #1 in yet (couple of days I guess), but I wondered: is it worth getting an extra balanced cable for (c)iems to use with this dap?
Or is the difference with the SE output negligible?

I got an entirely different experience once I got a balanced cable for my IT03 and most of the time, I don't want to go back to SE. Soundstage, power, and separation were improved, IMO.

Jun 22, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #2,644 of 4,190
I got an entirely different experience once I got a balanced cable for my IT03 and most of the time, I don't want to go back to SE. Soundstage, power, and separation were improved, IMO.
Now that's interesting :thinking:

Just like you I have the IT03 (and a mmcx Campfire iem) and these will probably be the 2 iems that I will use the most with the Opus #1 later on.
Under you profile I can see that you have the CB12 cable => that's exactly the one I was thinking about. Looks like a $89 well spend :ksc75smile:

Jun 22, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #2,645 of 4,190
Now that's interesting :thinking:

Just like you I have the IT03 (and a mmcx Campfire iem) and these will probably be the 2 iems that I will use the most with the Opus #1 later on.
Under you profile I can see that you have the CB12 cable => that's exactly the one I was thinking about. Looks like a $89 well spend :ksc75smile:

I stopped buying anything else after I got some mid-fi gears. Well, I'm satisfied with what I hear and currently not willing to spend a hefty amount for summit-fi ones.

CB12 is a good cable for its value indeed. Only the build is (plastic slider and y-split) what I'm not much impressed. Though the cable material is great, very supple and almost no microphonics. Soundwise, I can say that it provides better details since the sound got a tad bit brighter compared to stock but still maintained the deep low rumble which impresses me the most about this IEM.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #2,646 of 4,190
I think balanced IT03 has little less sub-bass, little more vocal and less v-shaped with opus#1. Although I get fantastic result from balanced FLC8s. Balanced has more body, more soundstage, more seperation. And the change is more noticeable. So yes it's worth a try the balanced output of opus.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #2,647 of 4,190
I listen using custom SPC balanced cable from Peterek and 64 Audio U4SE.
Find the soundstage is improved noticeably

Jun 22, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #2,648 of 4,190
just got this couple days ago. what file format do you guys like most?

For me, nothing specific - as long as i like the music playing - file format does't matter :)

I do. But it has been a long time since i paired the 2 - from memory the improvement is there, depending on the genre. If I want my music to have more body and emotions, then the Mojo is connected to the #1

Don't even have the #1 in yet (couple of days I guess), but I wondered: is it worth getting an extra balanced cable for (c)iems to use with this dap?

A definite yes! Improvement on layering, separation and soundstage. You should invest in a BAL cable since your (soon to be) dap has it, might as well use it!

Jun 25, 2017 at 3:27 AM Post #2,651 of 4,190

I seem to gravitate to SE even with the IEMs I can use my TRRS cable with, not sure why...

Jun 25, 2017 at 3:34 AM Post #2,652 of 4,190
I seem to gravitate to SE even with the IEMs I can use my TRRS cable with, not sure why...

You prefer a thicker, warmer sound.

In the rare DAP where balanced actually makes a difference, it will sound a little less bassy, a little less warm. It's a clearer, cleaner sound, but that's not what everybody wants.

Jun 25, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #2,653 of 4,190
I also agree with the suggestions. I would love to see continuous play even after the album/folder is over but I would make it a feature that can be turned on/off depending on preference. Not always would I want the player to play forever. Hopefully if they implement it, they will make it so that we have a toggle switch for it.

Got a temporary solution with play through folder thing as suggested by Sanjiv in head-fi fb page. Put all Artist-Album starting with letter A to folder named A in the root directory and same with the rest. Now I can play all content of folder (i.e. A) in one go continuously.

Jun 27, 2017 at 8:12 AM Post #2,654 of 4,190
well I had an interesting morning...
I was listening to Eric Clapton Motherless Child and the song faded out starting at about 10 seconds remaining.
I actually lost the last line in the song,.. gone.
I mucked about with settings (gapless, equalizer on and off) and still it persisted.
I updated to 2.00.07 last week so I wondered ifI'd stumbled into some new version of the 10 second issue,
so that precipitated me searching this thread. Do you know how many posts have
the phrase 10 seconds?
I was just about to write to theBit when I noticed the scrolling Album title was not Eric Clapton From the Cradle
but some Warner Brothers best of disk that I picked up. I went to songs and yes there were 2 Motherless Child listings.
The original one from the CD/LP (whatever) was fine...
Damned engineers and strange off take CDs...

Jun 27, 2017 at 8:17 AM Post #2,655 of 4,190
well I had an interesting morning...
I was listening to Eric Clapton Motherless Child and the song faded out starting at about 10 seconds remaining.
I actually lost the last line in the song,.. gone.
I mucked about with settings (gapless, equalizer on and off) and still it persisted.
I updated to 2.00.07 last week so I wondered ifI'd stumbled into some new version of the 10 second issue,
so that precipitated me searching this thread. Do you know how many posts have
the phrase 10 seconds?
I was just about to write to theBit when I noticed the scrolling Album title was not Eric Clapton From the Cradle
but some Warner Brothers best of disk that I picked up. I went to songs and yes there were 2 Motherless Child listings.
The original one from the CD/LP (whatever) was fine...
Damned engineers and strange off take CDs...

HAhhaha!!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back