thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Jun 3, 2017 at 12:12 AM Post #2,566 of 4,190
Got it, maybe it has something to do with the playlist logic. I am not using playlist and always playing files through folders.

the bug appears in both instances - it doesn't matter if you're using playlist of playing through folders

but i'm actually not affected by this bug as i normally will just fast forward on the play screen and not go through the track list.

Jun 3, 2017 at 6:33 AM Post #2,568 of 4,190
There is a folders tab after the genres tab, although I haven't tried it.

That is what I am using now. What I mean is if the last song from one folder is finished, it will proceed to the next folder automatically. I don't know if the Artist or Album also behave like this.

Jun 3, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #2,569 of 4,190
Hi guys!
I'm immensely pleased with my Opus #1 and FLC 8S combo, but I've just noticed something strange trying to get to Settings to update the firmware – for 10 or 20 times I just couldn't get there when I tapped the little gear thingie in the upper right corner of the dropdown menu... I've managed to upgrade the firmware after some minutes of angry tapping, rebooting and cleaning the screen... but I still can get to Settings only after 10 or 20 taps. Most of the time when I tap nothing happens or the quick settings dropdown menu just closes.
Have anybody had this problem before and is there some other way to get to the Settings screen? Should I try something else first or should I contact the shop and ask for a replacement unit (if this has something to do with the touchscreen itself)?
Thanks for the answers in advance.

Jun 3, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #2,571 of 4,190
Hi guys!
I'm immensely pleased with my Opus #1 and FLC 8S combo, but I've just noticed something strange trying to get to Settings to update the firmware – for 10 or 20 times I just couldn't get there when I tapped the little gear thingie in the upper right corner of the dropdown menu... I've managed to upgrade the firmware after some minutes of angry tapping, rebooting and cleaning the screen... but I still can get to Settings only after 10 or 20 taps. Most of the time when I tap nothing happens or the quick settings dropdown menu just closes.
Have anybody had this problem before and is there some other way to get to the Settings screen? Should I try something else first or should I contact the shop and ask for a replacement unit (if this has something to do with the touchscreen itself)?
There is no other way to enter settings. It sounds to me like it could be a hardware problem, possibly a faulty digitiser. Are there any other areas of the screen that do not respond immediately. Either way it is worth rebooting, just in case the issue is less serious.

How does the Opus do with gapless play and replay gain? I see no mention of replay gain in the manual.
Gapless is good, but there is no support for replay gain.

Jun 3, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #2,572 of 4,190
Hi guys!

have you tried doing a hard reset? if after the hard reset you still have the issue - then yeah, you might need to have the unit checked / replaced.

Jun 3, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #2,574 of 4,190
Thanks for the reply. It's a pity there is no replay gain. It's a very useful feature if using random track.
Yes, I used to use it with the Slim Squeezebox. It is a feature of Foobar and Rockbox, but I don't know of any high end DAPs that support it.

Jun 3, 2017 at 10:27 PM Post #2,575 of 4,190
Yes, I used to use it with the Slim Squeezebox. It is a feature of Foobar and Rockbox, but I don't know of any high end DAPs that support it.

though now that so many High-end DAP are Android based there is always the option of using an App if the default software doesn't... I believe Neutron has some replaygain support but I haven't tried it... guessing the Foobar android app would as well? Other than that the only high end dap with rockbox I know is DX90.

Jun 9, 2017 at 2:47 AM Post #2,577 of 4,190
Do you have to have any cards installed in order to transfer files ?? There's no icon showing up on my MacBook Pro Desktop. I don't have any cards installed yet, but thought that it would show up anyway as there is memory onboard. Thanks !

Do you have Android File Transfer application installed on your MBP? It needs that in order to transfer.

Jun 9, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #2,580 of 4,190
I don't. Did I miss that in the manual ?? Thanks for this ... I'll reread and see. Where can I find this AFT ?? Thanks again ...

Thank you ... Not a mention of this in the manual anywhere. I have that downloaded and opened the app, but it won't allow me to drag and drop files from iTunes to the icon that shows up on the desktop. I've been using a Fiio X5 for a couple of years and it was pretty easy/intuitive right out of the gates. It IS my first adventure with an Android device as I am surrounded by Mac (please don't hold that against me :) ) I have read and reread the manual and the AFT instructions. Not sure if my 'screen is locked' as I've never seen this before and am wondering if indeed my Opus screen is locked. Going through 'settings' it doesn't seem to be, or at least doesn't mention it. I'm hoping this is the only hitch to getting onboard. Do you use a Mac kel77 ??
Thanks again ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back