thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
May 31, 2017 at 11:15 PM Post #2,552 of 4,190
I hope that when the fixed it, it increase the volume than before. I reaching maximum easily with medium gain. I found that line out volume is about less by approx. 25% compare to my X5 gen 1 line out.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2017 at 3:03 AM Post #2,553 of 4,190
yikes. last few firmware updates aren't reassuring, since I prefer a conservative approach and not drastic (and permanent) changes in the whole sonic experience.

Jun 2, 2017 at 5:38 AM Post #2,555 of 4,190
"We uploaded the firmware[Version 2.00.07] that corrected the Gain control problem."

"I will forward the 2nd bug to the R/D team."

New firmware available for the Opus#1.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2017 at 6:44 AM Post #2,558 of 4,190
That was quick! And are they talking about the '10 second' issue?

I don't know why but I didn't encounter the 10 seconds bug both using 2.00.05 and 2.00.06.

Jun 2, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #2,560 of 4,190
That's an impressive response from Opus to the gain problem, it's better than any kind of sales speak.

I do wish though that the gain circuit was bypassed when using "line-out". My understanding of the existence of the various gain settings is for compatibility with differing sensitivity of headphone/earphone, it shouldn't be in the circuit if you're connecting the device using line-out.

Jun 2, 2017 at 12:27 PM Post #2,561 of 4,190
That's an impressive response from Opus to the gain problem, it's better than any kind of sales speak.

I do wish though that the gain circuit was bypassed when using "line-out". My understanding of the existence of the various gain settings is for compatibility with differing sensitivity of headphone/earphone, it shouldn't be in the circuit if you're connecting the device using line-out.

Yes it's extremely impressive , updated mine about an hour ago and totally resolved. Well done audio opus!
I have fiio x7 and took them a lifetime to resolve anything although I am happy with the new firmware on the x7.
Still prefer My opus 1 for audio though.

Jun 2, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #2,562 of 4,190
Perfect! This is good to know. My #3 also has that issue

How did you exactly 'tried' to recreate it?

By clicking the forward or previous both from screen and side button prior to 10 seconds of the song and when in 10 seconds remaining of the song.

Jun 2, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #2,563 of 4,190
By clicking the forward or previous both from screen and side button prior to 10 seconds of the song and when in 10 seconds remaining of the song.

No wonder, you're not recreating it accurately. do this - while a song is playing, go to tracks list. (by pressing on the track name) then wait to within the last 10 seconds of the track then select another song in the track list - then the player crashes. this is only evident on the last 10 seconds and not the 1st 10 seconds.

i use my player the same way how you tried doing it day in and day out and yes - there's no issue there :grin:

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #2,564 of 4,190
A problem with Opus#2 meant I had to bring this little gem to work today. Always a pleasant surprise when I do.

SdoUGQm.jpg

Jun 2, 2017 at 11:59 PM Post #2,565 of 4,190
No wonder, you're not recreating it accurately. do this - while a song is playing, go to tracks list. (by pressing on the track name) then wait to within the last 10 seconds of the track then select another song in the track list - then the player crashes. this is only evident on the last 10 seconds and not the 1st 10 seconds.

i use my player the same way how you tried doing it day in and day out and yes - there's no issue there :grin:

Got it, maybe it has something to do with the playlist logic. I am not using playlist and always playing files through folders.

On a side not, what I am missing from X5 gen 1 is that it playing continuously from one folder to the next folder without user intervention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back