The Zune is Dead, Long Live the Zune HD
Sep 13, 2009 at 1:06 AM Post #47 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by azncookiecutter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn Microsoft, Zune HD will NOT be coming to Canada at release. US only.

Dose Zune also don't available in EU or ASIA?

Sep 13, 2009 at 1:38 AM Post #48 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by azncookiecutter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn Microsoft, Zune HD will NOT be coming to Canada at release. US only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverfi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know one solution for that problem, and I just simply did the same the majority on my Walkman lineup in my arsenal as well as my remotes and headphones/buds/IEM's.....

Just simply buy them on eBay and import them!!!, there is no existing law in any country that prohibits international trading/selling/buying of consumer electronics, besides if they do come out with them for the EU market be prepared to put up with the infamous volume cap, so don't wait.... import them while you can!!!

Sep 13, 2009 at 1:39 AM Post #49 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by foreverfi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No, but you can probably order it from B&H Photo when it'savailable, as they ship worldwide. [size=small]B&H Photo[/size]

Watch the page I linked to, as they'll have the Zune HD up for sale soon - B&H is good like that.
popcorn.gif

Sep 13, 2009 at 1:46 AM Post #50 of 187
B & H Photo is a great store to deal with, I got my first MZ-RH1 (and it still works, and I also have two more RH1's as backups) from them back in '07 for a great price, certainly below what retailers on Amazon or eBay are asking for now, that's for sure.

Sep 13, 2009 at 3:10 AM Post #51 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Eleutherian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Because not enough people were buying them to justify another production run. The market has changed focus. We are following their lead and trying to introduce a competitive product.

That is a statement that is obviously false. You always have options. You can buy a 80/120 at a discounted rate. You can buy another brand of player. You can not buy anything. Don't act like someone is holding a gun to your head.

And don't be melodramatic; no one NEEDS a high capacity device. People need air, they need food. They do not NEED to be able to carry their entire music collection around with them in HQ formats. They WANT that. Not too long ago you would have had to carry around a backpack full of 80lbs of crap to realize this goal. Not too long before that you just flat out didn't have the option. Let's try to maintain a little perspective.

I know there is a strong compulsion for everyone to feel like they represent an important segment of the market, but statistically it just isn't true.

Capacitive touch screens sell more units than big hard drives. The average consumer has somewhere around 5-10 gigs of music. Flash storage is more compact, faster, more efficient, less prone to breaking and wear and tear... it is the future (until the next big thing comes along). Right now cost and availability prohibit matching HD sizes. Soon they will not. Soon after flash will surpass HDs.

Do you think MS would not make another HD player if it was able to make money off doing so? The fact is enough people aren't buying them. Apple has the market locked down, and even they aren't selling enough to justify continuing much longer. They are going to stop making HD based players very soon. Right now you are a niche consumer who is falling through a crack, come to terms with it.

No. We have offered a new product to market. People who like it will buy it. People who don't won't. This is how introducing a new product to market works.

We took a look at our options and based on manufacturing costs, market trends, etc. etc. made the decisions we felt we needed to make to produce a competitive product. And based on most of the recent buzz, it seems like we may have made at least a couple good choices.

If the HD doesn't have enough storage for you then wait until it or another similar product does, or don't buy it. Don't turn this into a soap opera.

I'd like to reiterate that I'm just speaking for myself here, and not as a MS rep. If any of that came off as being a little harsh I apologize. I've been watching you complain about this for about a year now here and on zunescene. It's getting really boring, especially since all the good reasons for this have been pointed out to you multiple times over that period.

I have some pretty simple needs for a new device, an EQ and High capacity storage. The last gen Zunes lacked the EQ and this gen Zune lacks high capacity storage. Yes I know I'm some weirdo freak that has a lot of Lossless audio that I'd like to carry on my device and would have liked to put some HD moives on a device as well. 32 GB won't even cover 3 of my lossless playlists and a single HD movie.

Yes it did come off as a bit harsh, while my needs may not represent the majority of users and I realize the BOTTOM line is the end all be all please note at least for me and my ONE voice on this issue MS is releasing a device that simply does not meets my needs, MY TWO fairly simple needs. High capacity and EQ. Yes I realize everyone else is happy with lossy audio and doesn't care about carrying a large collection of music on their device but not me.

These needs are not very in depth and or difficult to accommodate but strangely they have fallen through the cracks another generation of zune Devices. There is no soap opera here this does not effect my life dramatically in any way shape or form but we are on a portable device forum so obviously when I'm here I'm going to be expressing myself about this subject.

It's pretty sad I'm going to be holding onto my modified 100Gb Zune30 for yet another year. It's like I REALLY want to give MS my money for a high capacity device with an EQ and more modern features like the ZuneHD but it seems MS simply does not want my money which is very odd.

So please count my one voice as someone who needs are not met by the ZuneHD, you can call it insignificant in the grand scheme of things which it is but realize that there are zune owners who's needs the current ZuneHD have not met.

Sep 13, 2009 at 3:22 AM Post #52 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGHMW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know one solution for that problem, and I just simply did the same the majority on my Walkman lineup in my arsenal as well as my remotes and headphones/buds/IEM's.....

Just simply buy them on eBay and import them!!!, there is no existing law in any country that prohibits international trading/selling/buying of consumer electronics, besides if they do come out with them for the EU market be prepared to put up with the infamous volume cap, so don't wait.... import them while you can!!!

Warranty issues aside, I would do it in an instant heartbeat. Problem is, the Zune HD is a first gen product, and if something goes wrong, Microsoft will not warranty it, with me being in Canada.

Sep 13, 2009 at 3:30 AM Post #53 of 187
They need to add Mac support cause I would totally buy it right now if they did. Ipods work on Windows, why limit yourself like that, I don't understand...

Sep 13, 2009 at 3:35 AM Post #54 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.karmalicious /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, that was some pretty hard-ass ownage.

How is this ownage? My needs may not be even niche status but the fact MS does not offer a high Capacity Device with an EQ is not exactly a positive. It's not like people can tell me "sorry but you don't need what you think you need". It's is pretty sad that in order to get a high capacity zune with an EQ I had to modify my Zune30 myself.

Sep 13, 2009 at 3:46 AM Post #55 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoeboe2k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They need to add Mac support cause I would totally buy it right now if they did. Ipods work on Windows, why limit yourself like that, I don't understand...

Because 90% of the world uses Windows. Even some OS X people use Windows on parallels or bootcamp.

Sep 13, 2009 at 4:07 AM Post #56 of 187
That is true but they are already the largest 3rd party developer for OS X. You could make that same argument for developing software on the mac but they still do it.

Sep 13, 2009 at 5:14 AM Post #57 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoeboe2k /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I believe the Zune software is written for the .NET Framework. That makes it Windows only for the most part. MS could try to get the Zune software working on Mono, but that would be a bit awkward.

The alternative would be to write a completely new application for the Mac that wouldn't be able to borrow any code from the Windows version. That makes for a bigger development effort. And honestly, how many Mac users would opt for a Zune HD over an iPod/iPhone product? Enough to justify the development and support effort?

Sep 13, 2009 at 5:16 AM Post #58 of 187
Yeah, iPod Killer ! LOOOOL !

Zune HD goona suck just like all other ZUNES ...

Best thing is - Zune is concern about HD Video on MP3 player .. First mistake ...
I dont rememebr i know ANYONE who plays some hd @ home from screw* DAP ...

Second - Are you serious when you try for years to make a social network and actualy use s DAP to promote this network ?

AND they keep doing - thats why ZUNE HD gonna fail ...

By the way, does anyone knows what codec Zune HD got in it ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back