The Zune is Dead, Long Live the Zune HD
Sep 13, 2009 at 8:07 PM Post #76 of 187
Quote:

First, HDD-based zunes do not have 15% market share under the tightest of comparisons

Then how does zune 80/120 sales compared with that of ipod classic?
Wikipedia says that even Zune 30 had 10% market share of hdd-based players (and 3% of all mp3 players) on its time: Zune - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ; i can't believe that 80/120 share is lower.
Quote:

A company not giving you exactly the updates you want year after year

I'm not saying about "upgrades", i'm saying about at least not dropping existing models. However, do you call this 3rd generation ipod classic an "update"?
Quote:

it's leaving you in exactly the same situation you were in before

Before 2009 fall or before MS entered portable mp3 players market?
Quote:

If MS started talking about how consumers "screwed" them by not buying enough 80s/120s would that seem reasonable?

So, how much people are buying 80/120 in reality, and what market share would have been "reasonable"?
You guys entering the market, getting 10% share (okay, 3% overall, if we will count flash-based small-sized players as well) in the first year and saying that this is not reasonable? Then what would you call reasonable? Getting 90% of an entire market in a first year, apple/sony/cowon/sandisk/etc bankruptcy, something else?
Quote:

If not enough people buy them to make money for the company, the company stops making them

Early days there was not "enough" people that purchased MS Excel in its first days. What could have been with MS now if that time they've dropped Excel instead of improving it?

Sep 13, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #77 of 187
Quote:

The Zune is still way cool because it does gapless and I assume the Zune HD will as well (it better). That alone is enough to make the Zune team heroes in my book.

Zune team was heroes when they've released a zune 30, and they've become heroes again when they've released 80/120, better than ipod in every aspect. But they're not heroes when they're dropping an entire succesfull line that have got a significant market share (and maybe it could even beat apple's share if given enough time).
How much time will Zune HD exist? Year or maybe two, until another ******* in MS will think "hmm, already a year have passed, and zune HD sales is still lower than that of touch plus nano plus classic etc, i think we should drop HD and release a Zhuffle without a screen and controls".

Sep 13, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #78 of 187
well what is the current market share of the zune? people have thrown around 1-4% out of the entire mp3 market, this is not signifcant in my view.

if the zune had say 15-20% market share of the total mp3 player market, then yes I would call that pretty significant but not 1-4%.

Sep 13, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #80 of 187
Based on the retardedness of some of the members on this board i prolly would recommend to Elutheran to register a new account and become anonymous. If people cant handle themselves the moment an employee from whatever company comes around and starts a product bash fest even though HE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE DECISION MAKING of the related product its not worth the damn headache.

I admit i havent been here very long but i thaught this place was above the petty crap that i have just seen in the last 3 pages.

If you dont like something ... your welcome to say so .. with valid reasons behind your argument and without sounding like a 6 year old fanboy (regardless of the camp you belong to).

Swanlee I was on board with you for the EQ and i left my argument at the fact that if it wasnt there .. im not buying the zune hd and would be getting the S9 instead. They didnt bring it back as how i would want it (custom) but the presets are ok, so im getting it. Where i disagree with you is the way your presenting this issue at the feet of a guy who has nothing to do with device sizes. I think another petition is in order over at the zune forums if you and others feel that passionate about it?

If you can get the critical mass there then i think you would actually get somewhere than the hatefest i just read in the last couple of pages.

Cheers
Maxisone

Sep 13, 2009 at 10:48 PM Post #84 of 187
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Eleutherian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used to have a creative Zen, I've got an iPhone, and all the zune models.

iPhone 3gs? If so... how's the sq compared to the zune HD?

Sep 14, 2009 at 12:12 AM Post #88 of 187
Ccan you comment on the SQ of the HD vs 80/120?i know they use the same dac but i remember reading somewhere that the tegra chip not only enhance video performance but also audio.
i have the sennheiser ie8 and you have the ie7 ,so i can have a pretty good idea of the sound as both phones are almost similar.

Sep 14, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #89 of 187
Ugh. I feel terrible for The Eleutherian. He does what he can to answer many of the questions, and such a number of people are claiming BS without actual evidence. There are people with legitimate complaints, but some make hilarious comments, saying that Zune has 10-15% of the marketshare, which is completely inaccurate.

And as stated before, there's no point of flaming and complaining at The Eletherian. It's not as if he's in charge of the entire Zune team. He can't make big decisions to change things around.

Sep 14, 2009 at 1:32 AM Post #90 of 187
I'm definitely a Zune fanboy (currently own the Zune 8GB and used to own the 80GB), and I'm looking forward to the Zune, but don't expect me to jump on it right away. I'll wait for the price to die down on the 16GB.. Maybe once it goes under $200, for say $170, I might consider it. It definitely has some nice features; with HD radio and internet, it might dent the iTouch's sales.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back