The ZO2 Has Landed.
Nov 18, 2011 at 6:06 PM Post #587 of 607
I'm not sending mine back - its fantastic for movies and youtube vids etc from my laptop HO. I had previously considered the laptop a lost cause without a USB DAC. When we get some measurements published on the V2, I'll be really interested to see what the output impedance is.

Nov 18, 2011 at 6:37 PM Post #588 of 607

Quote:
I'm not sending mine back - its fantastic for movies and youtube vids etc from my laptop HO. I had previously considered the laptop a lost cause without a USB DAC. When we get some measurements published on the V2, I'll be really interested to see what the output impedance is.

Then wait until it's burned in. After about 20 hrs of use it should sound even better. And yea I was suprised how much it improves the Realtek HD onboard chip on my motherboard, to the point I might wanna start using that chip or concider buying something else instead of Audigy 2 ZS (with kX Audio drivers which is the reason I've stayed with it so long). But currently the gain/hiss is slightly an issue for the onboard chip even with XB500 for example. Not with the HTF600 I most of the time use these days though.

Nov 18, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #589 of 607
RMA # issued and I should have it shipping tomorrow. Thanks, DZ! 
beerchug.gif

Nov 18, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #590 of 607

Quote:

WOW now that's a surprise. I'd figure you'd be the last person on earth to keep the ZO2 :wink: Are you gonna send it back for the special modifications? I'm definitely gonna send mine in for the updated unit. Once the hiss and volume control are fixed, this unit will be marvelous.

Nov 19, 2011 at 5:33 AM Post #592 of 607
Received mine yesterday, so now  i have to ship it back for the fix..............But at least I have the ZO1, and can have a listen to V2 over the weekend.

Nov 19, 2011 at 6:56 AM Post #593 of 607
Mine just arrived this morning. I'll have a play with it over the weekend (it's charging atm) and return it for the mods next week as I plan to mostly use it with IEMs and Line-out.

Nov 21, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #597 of 607

Quote:
my revised zo v2 just shipped- should get it in a day or 2

Looking forward to hearing if this actually fixes the issues some/most of you have had. I haven't even gotten around to try RMAing as I was one of the lucky ZO2 winners and don't know if a winner can RMA his unit or not. xD Still since shipping to USA would cost me probably like $30 I'd rather simply buy some ZO2 fixed revision that might have some imperfections on the surface for a bit less though. They seem to be very busy @ digiZoid (a new company so doesn't suprise me) trying to fix this mess so I'll just lean back for a while since I'm not an IEM user and only one of my headphones have hissing with ZO2 that is somewhat disturbing.

Jan 17, 2012 at 3:51 AM Post #599 of 607
Cant wait to try out the zo i just purchased!!

Jan 18, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #600 of 607
A shout out to Cindy,

I got my RMA Zo2 v3 today, and I am pleasantly surprised to find my address hand written extremely nicely and neatly on the package! It is nice that someone actually took the time to hand write something these days. Thanks again!

edit: Seems like v3 fixed that weird recessed headphone jack problem as well. All my plugs have a super snug fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back