The ZO2 Has Landed.
Nov 14, 2011 at 9:18 PM Post #571 of 607
Has anyone else had a problem where the ZO2 won't charge? I've got it plugged into my laptop and the red light next to the USB will not light up. It flashes for a small part of a second when I insert the plug but it doesn't stay lit. 
confused.gif

On the bright side, I'm not hearing any hiss from my Pro 900s anymore. I don't know what I was doing wrong before but now it's dead silent. I haven't tried my Atrio M5s and, since the ZO2 won't charge, I won't be able to. That was a relief but I'm still unable to take it above the first few contour levels before I get noticeable distortion. I'm looking forward to seeing how DigiZoid is going to handle this. I'm glad to see such commitment to customer satisfaction.

Nov 14, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #572 of 607

Quote:
On the bright side, I'm not hearing any hiss from my Pro 900s anymore. I don't know what I was doing wrong before but now it's dead silent. I haven't tried my Atrio M5s and, since the ZO2 won't charge, I won't be able to. That was a relief

I'd try a powered USB hub - I cant charge the T51 from the ports on my laptop.

Nov 15, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #573 of 607
Ah, good idea. I'll give that a shot. I had no trouble charging it when I first got it in the mail. Earlier, I had it plugged in and charging and it would only work in short bursts. I'm using it right now and it hasn't shut off. Maybe it is charging but the light isn't working. I'm not qualified to address that.

I'm just glad to be able to use it right now because it makes my Pro 900s sound even better (at a very low contour level, though).

Nov 16, 2011 at 5:25 AM Post #575 of 607
Sounds brilliant, albeit I do agree the gain is WAY to high - I have my iPod on like -40dB setting and the ZO on the lowest and it's still plenty loud - Which means I can never turn either up - This is via LOD though - not tried interconnect yet

Edit : Ok with the interconnect it is perfect, his still apparent but disappears within the music 99% of the time - (with GR07's anyhow) - But ME WANTS TO USE WITH LOD
frown.gif

Nov 16, 2011 at 9:27 AM Post #576 of 607
Really disappointed with the high volume even at the lowest volume setting with iPod LOD.   Bought the Zo2 so as to compensate for my Zo1's lack of volume control and now having this issue.     Suggest potential buyers stay clear until this is fix.   Sound quality is really not too bad but i will always need to stay at the lowest level in case the next track happens to be Death Metal.......

Nov 16, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #577 of 607
For whatever reason, my ZO2's charging light works again. I used it in the car for about an hour and a half without issue last night, so it had been charging, despite the light not illuminating. I just plugged it in to charge and it seems to be back to normal. It was weird but I'm glad that it is working again.

Nov 17, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #581 of 607

Quote:
ZO2 landed, was briefly tested and now being packed for RMA. Another long wait begins......

RMA because the hiss & gain issue?

Nov 17, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #582 of 607

Quote:
RMA because the hiss & gain issue?

http://www.digizoid.com/returns/index.php

Note: This replacement offer only applies to pre-ordered ZO 2 devices that were shipped on or between November 3 - 8, 2011.

Replacement ZO devices will have the following changes:
  • A significant reduction in background hiss. You should not be able to detect any background noise if using in-ear monitors that have a sensitivity less than 113 dB/mW.
  • Lower volume levels to accommodate line-level signals when ZO is used with in-ear monitors.
  • An adjustment to the EMI/RFI filtering circuitry to prevent potential loss of higher frequencies.
  • Disabled bypass/standby functionality to protect the listener/equipment from excessive volume levels when ZO is coupled to line-out and in bypass mode.
If you would like your ZO 2 replaced, please complete the form below. Once your information has been submitted, an RMA # and instructions for returning your ZO will be provided.

Nov 18, 2011 at 1:38 AM Post #583 of 607

Thanks you very much for posting this shotgunshane. I could have done this in all in one trip today.
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
http://www.digizoid.com/returns/index.php

Note: This replacement offer only applies to pre-ordered ZO 2 devices that were shipped on or between November 3 - 8, 2011.

Replacement ZO devices will have the following changes:
  • A significant reduction in background hiss. You should not be able to detect any background noise if using in-ear monitors that have a sensitivity less than 113 dB/mW.
  • Lower volume levels to accommodate line-level signals when ZO is used with in-ear monitors.
  • An adjustment to the EMI/RFI filtering circuitry to prevent potential loss of higher frequencies.
  • Disabled bypass/standby functionality to protect the listener/equipment from excessive volume levels when ZO is coupled to line-out and in bypass mode.
If you would like your ZO 2 replaced, please complete the form below. Once your information has been submitted, an RMA # and instructions for returning your ZO will be provided.

Nov 18, 2011 at 5:31 AM Post #584 of 607
Wow - Great for international customers - We have to pay shipping - What's the point in pre ordering for something that wasn't functioning as intended to then have to send it back 
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back