The ZO2 Has Landed.
Oct 1, 2011 at 12:26 PM Post #2 of 607
I will no longer be updating the OP in this thread.  To read about or post your own impressions see the following thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/579013/zo2-appreciation-impression-thread

Update (10/21/11 - pre-orders start today):

The ZO.2 has landed!

Feature Highlights

Digital Volume Control

You asked, we listened. ZO2 comes fully-equipped with a balanced digital volume control, featuring 32 selectable levels. This addition gives you the ability to use ZO safely with a Line-Out Dock.

Dual Amp Configuration

ZO employs a 2-stage amplification system to minimize noise, control EMI/RFI, and deliver high output power. Therefore, using ZO with another amplifier is unnecessary, as it will drive high impedance headphones without breaking a sweat.

Sound Customization

1. Digital volume control with 32 selectable levels New
  2. LightScale with 32 distinct color changes for each sound contour profile
  3. Sound contour profiles tuned for equally spaced intensity changes New
  4. Single-switch operation for both contour profile and volume adjustment
  5. Memory feature automatically recalls last settings

Power & Battery

1. Low power microcontroller for high-efficiency system management New
  2. Standby mode disengages ZO and connects directly to the audio source
  3. Smooth, noiseless transisition into standby (bypass) mode New
  4. Switches into standby mode for uninterrupted listening when battery gets low New
  5. Low battery LED indicator New
  6. USB-rechargeable Li-Polymer battery with rapid recharge time of 1 hour
  7. Playback time exceeding 12 hours

Physical

1. Dimensions: 2.75 x 1.5 x 0.38 in.
  2. Weight: 0.94 oz.
  3. Designed and manufactured in the U.S.

Update (10/18/11 - digiZoid's Facebook page):

I'm in the process of putting together the ZO pre-order webpage, and it should be ready to launch within the next day or two! Then beginning next week, we'll be starting production! :wink:

Update (10/8/11) by MizMoxie (Head-Fi sponsor from digiZoid):

Official Update on the Status of ZO.2

First things first. I know we promised a September launch for ZO.2, and obviously, we did not meet that deadline. Perhaps our target was a bit ambitious, but we are working feverishly to get ZO.2 into your hands as soon as humanly possible.

In addition to making some last-minute product design enhancements, we have also formed a very exclusive supply chain and manufacturing partnership with a multi-billion dollar Fortune 200 company. Through this partnership, we now have open access to the "latest and greatest" components, as well as connections to top-tier manufacturing resources. 

And here's the best news... We are excited to announce that the manufacturer has officially scheduled us for a build date of Oct. 24th. So, unless something crazy happens, we should be shipping ZO.2 the last week of October! We thank all you for hanging in there with us, and we promise to have ZO 2 in your hands soon.

Btw... we will be making a more detailed announcement on ZO.2, with info on pre-order availability, etc. on the sponsored threads within the next couple days.

Update (9/20/11 - digiZoid's Facebook page):

Phil (SoulSyde):
"What will the texture of the external case be like with the new design? Some people like to use rubber bands to connect the ZO to their device, but with touchscreen devices (iPhone/Touch/Etc.) Velcro works better. I heard a rumor that the new case would be rubberized."

digiZoid:
"The ZO.2 will have a matte "soft-touch" coating that will make it feel smooth, but not rubberized. I stuck on some velcro to a sample we have, and it seems as though it will work just fine."

Update (9/15/11 - digiZoid's Facebook page):

digiZoid added a schematic for the new ZO.2 logic board.

Oct 1, 2011 at 1:42 PM Post #3 of 607
... You should've made this thread AFTER it came out, people are just going to hold random conversations and bloat the thread if that's what you were trying to avoid from the other "main" ZO thread.

Oct 7, 2011 at 10:40 PM Post #5 of 607
Anyone heard anything?

Oct 8, 2011 at 1:20 AM Post #6 of 607

Quote:
I know it's not out yet, so for now this can be the spot for news, speculation, and general banter about the ZO.2.

What was wrong with the existing thread ? No amount of keystrokes will push the thing down the assembly line any faster.

Oct 8, 2011 at 5:55 AM Post #7 of 607
I like this idea of starting a separate thread for ZO.2!

And btw... stay tuned for my "Official Status Update ZO.2" that will be posted within the next 48 hours.  It will hopefully give some insight as to what's to come, all the juicy details you all have been clamoring for!  :)

Oct 8, 2011 at 6:07 AM Post #8 of 607

Quote:
I like this idea of starting a separate thread for ZO.2!

And btw... stay tuned for my "Official Status Update ZO.2" that will be posted within the next 48 hours.  It will hopefully give some insight as to what's to come, all the juicy details you all have been clamoring for!  :)

I wish this was available for purchase (on its release) somewhere in Japan.

Oct 8, 2011 at 9:32 AM Post #9 of 607
Awesome, finally found the right thread.
Would really love it if I could get these shipped to CA by the end of the month or else I'll have to miss out.

Can't wait to try a Zo 2! 
biggrin.gif

EDIT: When can we pre-order? (TAKE MY MONEY!)

Oct 8, 2011 at 3:21 PM Post #10 of 607

First things first. I know we promised a September launch for ZO.2, and obviously, we did not meet that deadline. Perhaps our target was a bit ambitious, but we are working feverishly to get ZO.2 into your hands as soon as humanly possible.

In addition to making some last-minute product design enhancements, we have also formed a very exclusive supply chain and manufacturing partnership with a multi-billion dollar Fortune 200 company. Through this partnership, we now have open access to the "latest and greatest" components, as well as connections to top-tier manufacturing resources. 

And here's the best news... We are excited to announce that the manufacturer has officially scheduled us for a build date of Oct. 24th. So, unless something crazy happens, we should be shipping ZO.2 the last week of October! We thank all you for hanging in there with us, and we promise to have ZO 2 in your hands soon.

Btw... we will be making a more detailed announcement on ZO.2, with info on pre-order availability, etc. on the sponsored threads within the next couple days.

Oct 8, 2011 at 3:31 PM Post #11 of 607
Awesome, thanks again for keeping us informed, it's much appriciated. :)

Oct 8, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #15 of 607

Quote:

we have also formed a very exclusive supply chain and manufacturing partnership with a multi-billion dollar Fortune 200 company. Through this partnership, we now have open access to the "latest and greatest" components, as well as connections to top-tier manufacturing resources. 

Hopefully, the name of this group doesnt rhyme with 'Enron' 
eek.gif

Seriously. thanks for giving us a firm date. I just hope you have something else in the pipeline, because I wonder how some of the folk in this thread will survive without the perpetual promise of the-next-big-thing being only weeks away ......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back