The Zishan dsd's corner
Mar 20, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #2,671 of 3,711
to be honest im satisfied with my modded ak4497 dsd, yes the balanced suck and ive given up on owning balanced cable for my IEM. But the SE Make up for it and i'd pick my dsd any time of the day compared to most mid-high DAP
I like my ak4497 more then most of the daps I have heard, I never said it was bad, but I am disappointed that every newer version gets worst, the ak4495 is awesome, the line out sounds much cleaner, the se has very low output impedance and works well with b.a., then the ak4490 replaced it but the line out isn't as clean and the sound is not quite as good, then the ak4497 comes out, with very high output impedance and less power, it's disappointing that there newest seems to be even worst....

Mar 21, 2020 at 2:51 AM Post #2,672 of 3,711
At least Ifi XCan and Oriolus Ba300s are portable amps with balanced input. Probably some others as well.
It's also probably better to have the output there than not have it at all :gs1000smile: even if the output itself matters less than rest of the signal path.

Looking at the iFi documentation, where they describe their S-Balanced amp in the XCan, I see that iFi doesn't actually make a balanced output amplifier, even if they are using Balanced in the name.
Quote from the "XCan Balanced Circuits" documentation - No second amplifier is used, neither are extra signal, noise, nor distortion added - perfect for sensitive IEMs. Further including the iEMatch technology extends compatibility with ultra-sensitive IEMs. A dedicated negative wire per channel all the way to each channel’s amplifier’s star-ground makes sure there is no crosstalk between the channels.
'S-Balanced’ is short for ‘Single-Ended Compatible Balanced.’

Mar 21, 2020 at 7:10 AM Post #2,673 of 3,711
Last edited:
Mar 23, 2020 at 10:35 PM Post #2,674 of 3,711
Finally ZiShan released new products. Sounds great with the AK4499 model, but i think for $255 (the AK4499 model), i can get Xduoo X20 instead for it has more features like Bluetooth and longer battery life.

Anyway, since i think that the ZiShan DSD and ZiShan DSDs are two different products, lines and models, I'm thinking to create a new, dedicated thread for the new DSDs products to make it more organized and easier for people to find it online. What do you guys think? Should i create a new, dedicated thread for the DSDs models? Let me know.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2020 at 9:52 AM Post #2,675 of 3,711
Made a not-so-convincing purchase on Aliexpress at 3 am, despite my cc payment was declined twice prompting my cc co to text me to confirm the declined transactions. I gave up only to receive a purchase confirmation email moment later. I guess I have brought a Zishan DSD dual AK9947 for $158 usd (I have a single already but the charge port is flaky ).

Mar 27, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #2,676 of 3,711
Made a not-so-convincing purchase on Aliexpress at 3 am, despite my cc payment was declined twice prompting my cc co to text me to confirm the declined transactions. I gave up only to receive a purchase confirmation email moment later. I guess I have brought a Zishan DSD dual AK9947 for $158 usd (I have a single already but the charge port is flaky ).
Please let us know how it does against its older brother!! :ksc75smile:

Mar 31, 2020 at 1:11 AM Post #2,679 of 3,711
My ZiShan DSDs (Dual AK4497) arrived in the mail on Friday.
I've used it as a USB DAC for my PC, and as a DAP (playing flac rips of my CDs, and High Res (24-bit/192-KHz) flac files that I bought).
All of the outputs sound good, but I still think I'll upgrade the op-amps.

Mar 31, 2020 at 5:24 AM Post #2,680 of 3,711
I've used it as a USB DAC for my PC, and as a DAP (playing flac rips of my CDs, and High Res (24-bit/192-KHz) flac files that I bought).
How does it compare to the older one?

Apr 1, 2020 at 9:25 PM Post #2,681 of 3,711
Can you measure the approximate output impedance of it? Thank.
I have a DSD 4497 and want to upgrade hopefully this time the output impedance is low so that I can use it with my iem

Apr 1, 2020 at 11:13 PM Post #2,682 of 3,711
Can you measure the approximate output impedance of it? Thank.
I have a DSD 4497 and want to upgrade hopefully this time the output impedance is low so that I can use it with my iem

I haven't opened the new DSDs yet, but I expect to find similar 22Ω series resistors, like what's in my stock Single AK4497 unit.

Apr 11, 2020 at 3:00 AM Post #2,684 of 3,711
Finally ZiShan released new products. Sounds great with the AK4499 model, but i think for $255 (the AK4499 model), i can get Xduoo X20 instead for it has more features like Bluetooth and longer battery life.

Anyway, since i think that the ZiShan DSD and ZiShan DSDs are two different products, lines and models, I'm thinking to create a new, dedicated thread for the new DSDs products to make it more organized and easier for people to find it online. What do you guys think? Should i create a new, dedicated thread for the DSDs models? Let me know.
Pm me when you do, I'm thinking of getting one myself

Apr 12, 2020 at 11:14 AM Post #2,685 of 3,711
Over Aliexpress, **** earphones store, the Zishan DSD dual AK9947 will be on sale for $154 usd (sales starts in 15hours). I paid $158 for mine during the 10th Alibaba anniversary sales. Still waiting for mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back