The Zishan dsd's corner
Jan 6, 2019 at 7:03 AM Post #1,457 of 3,711
Ukraine

Jan 6, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #1,459 of 3,711
This place has it's positives, specially for artistic people, but it has its downs, but it's all good, I just need to wait until I have a friend who can grab the chip for me, I have also been recommended the ad823 as a cheaper alternative

Jan 6, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #1,460 of 3,711
I order from US arrow.com when I want genuine components I can't find, they are doing free shipping to Europe, maybe you already know them, but you'll have to watch out for customs taxes and carrier costs associated with customs.

They have live chat support, you can ask them if they do free shipping to Ukraine and any other detail without registering.

Problem will be custom duties, but bellow a certain value my country customs don't charge taxes. Sometimes there is the option to pre pay for duties, search for DDP option, but I never used that, I don't know how it works.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #1,461 of 3,711
I order from US arrow.com when I want genuine components I can't find, they are doing free shipping to Europe, maybe you already know them, but you'll have to watch out for customs taxes and carrier costs associated with customs.

They have live chat support, you can ask them if they do free shipping to Ukraine and any other detail without registering.

Problem will be custom duties, but bellow a certain value my country customs don't charge taxes. Sometimes there is the option to pre pay for duties, search for DDP option, but I never used that, I don't know how it works.
Already talked to them, they don't send here, Europe no problem but they don't send here

Jan 7, 2019 at 8:15 AM Post #1,462 of 3,711
I haven't modded mine yet, but I have asked many people, on here and in Russian forums, most people recommend ad8620 for op275, and preference changes on what to change the lm4562, I am waiting until I can find a friend to buy abroad because locally they cost $30

Thank you, for the gain It seems that opa1612 Is a very good gain opamp, clear detailed and with good specs, anyone gas tried It?

What are you going to do with the resistors?
What values?
What kind of res?
I think I'm going to lower them to 5ohm, still have to read carefully the datasheet of opa1612

Jan 7, 2019 at 8:38 AM Post #1,463 of 3,711
Opa1612 doesn't seem a good contender, at least not for HP amplification.
Whitepapers show a series resistor of 100 Ohm. To me it looks like it doesn't have shorting protection.

http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/opa1612.pdf

Why not using balanced output with AD8620? Works great, just need to replace your SE cabling with Balanced cabling.
Also, Balanced output doesn't have coupling caps, so no need to replace them, and, you can remove the 4 resistors.
It's a Win - Win - Win situation.....

Jan 7, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #1,464 of 3,711
Opa1612 doesn't seem a good contender, at least not for HP amplification.
Whitepapers show a series resistor of 100 Ohm. To me it looks like it doesn't have shorting protection.

http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/opa1612.pdf

Why not using balanced output with AD8620? Works great, just need to replace your SE cabling with Balanced cabling.
Also, Balanced output doesn't have coupling caps, so no need to replace them, and, you can remove the 4 resistors.
It's a Win - Win - Win situation.....
Pardon, my mistake, I meant 1622
http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/opa1622.pdf

My quad more have no detachable cable. I have he560 with detachable cable but they need a lot of juice

Jan 7, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #1,465 of 3,711
Thank you, for the gain It seems that opa1612 Is a very good gain opamp, clear detailed and with good specs, anyone gas tried It?

I think I'm going to lower them to 5ohm, still have to read carefully the datasheet of opa1612
I have x3 opa1622 in my AK4497 DSD, configured as output buffers for both SE and balanced outputs, no output resistors or caps. Actually, no input caps either :L3000:
Sounds great, including BA only IEMs, but requires a bit of work to retrofit it.
Next project will be based around INA1620

Jan 7, 2019 at 8:44 PM Post #1,466 of 3,711
Just got a ZiShan DSD AK4497EQ. Sounds great so far, breaking it in. :L3000:
There is very little documentations out for this DAP. Still trying to figure out the UI.
How does one get album art to display on the screen? Can't seem to get any .jpeg files to work. Any special size or format?
What is the 3.5mm plug on the same side as the USB port for, coax out? Wiring diagrams?
Thanks.

Jan 7, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #1,467 of 3,711
Just got a ZiShan DSD AK4497EQ. Sounds great so far, breaking it in. :L3000:
There is very little documentations out for this DAP. Still trying to figure out the UI.
How does one get album art to display on the screen? Can't seem to get any .jpeg files to work. Any special size or format?
What is the 3.5mm plug on the same side as the USB port for, coax out? Wiring diagrams?
Thanks.

There is one setting, that allows you to select a bar graph spectrum, or album art, to be displayed when music is playing.
I've selected that, and embedded the album art in my FLAC files, as well as placing a JPG file with the same name as the album folder - in the album folder.

The 3.5mm jack on the end with the USB jack, is a SPDIF output. I believe it's a simple 2-pole 3.5mm TS connection.

For more details on the guts of the DSD, there are apparently some in-depth threads on the http://player.ru Russian Audio Forums.

Jan 7, 2019 at 9:58 PM Post #1,468 of 3,711
There is one setting, that allows you to select a bar graph spectrum, or album art, to be displayed when music is playing.
I've selected that, and embedded the album art in my FLAC files, as well as placing a JPG file with the same name as the album folder - in the album folder.

The 3.5mm jack on the end with the USB jack, is a SPDIF output. I believe it's a simple 2-pole 3.5mm TS connection.

For more details on the guts of the DSD, there are apparently some in-depth threads on the http://player.ru Russian Audio Forums.

Thanks for you help.
I selected the album art in the menu. I am using WAV files. My JPG album art are placed inside album directories along with the songs. They are still not showing up. Just a generic place art. Are there any image size requirements, or any naming character restrictions? Thanks again.

Jan 7, 2019 at 10:11 PM Post #1,469 of 3,711
Thanks for you help.
I selected the album art in the menu. I am using WAV files. My JPG album art are placed inside album directories along with the songs. They are still not showing up. Just a generic place art. Are there any image size requirements, or any naming character restrictions? Thanks again.

I've seen some recommendations to name the album art file as folder.jpg or as cover.jpg.
As I said, my album art files are named the same as the folder that they're in - but since I also have embedded art, I'm not sure which the DSD is using.
The nominal size of my JPG files is 1400x1400 pixels.

Jan 7, 2019 at 10:31 PM Post #1,470 of 3,711
I've seen some recommendations to name the album art file as folder.jpg or as cover.jpg.
As I said, my album art files are named the same as the folder that they're in - but since I also have embedded art, I'm not sure which the DSD is using.
The nominal size of my JPG files is 1400x1400 pixels.

Renaming the album art to "cover.jpg" worked! Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back