The Zishan dsd's corner
Jan 5, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #1,443 of 3,711
It should only do slow charging when the battery is almost full.

The only way to know how fast it's charging is to measure the current.
I bought this to measure the current of some of my USB devices, chargers and cables:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/USB...-detector-power-bank-charger/32773261577.html
You only need the black device with screen to measure zishan charging current.
(The big green resistors gets very hot, it's normal, but don't let those connected more than a few seconds to measure. The black device with screen, doesn't get hot.)
I'm not saying for you to buy this, it won't fix the problem, but allows to know more about usb charging.

There is a chip inside the zishan, near the micro usb, that is responsible for charging the battery, it's normal for that chip to be a bit warm, but not very hot. Let's hope that chip is working well and it's not the problem.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #1,444 of 3,711
Little bit off topic at the moment, but just letting you know that Nichicon KW 220uf (at least the 16v rated ones) fit in the case (with some small adjustments)
KW are ok even on signal, comparable to FG ones, and is someone is interested in more than doubling capacitance there, it works.

Jan 5, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #1,449 of 3,711
Yes, in theory increasing the coupling capacitance could increase bass, but only if previous capacitance was too small and was filtering it...
Because he decreased the impedance...I've read it somewhere, but I don't know the math :)

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #1,450 of 3,711
Just received the zishan 4497 kindly sold by musicday.
Short impression: I tried with 1more quad driver (32ohm, 1 DD 3BA) good detail, punchy bass that I like a lot, pleasant mids, highs are a bit weak (not a lot, just a little bit compared with the sabre on my v20), soundstage is not wide.
In conclusion v20 vs zishan:
-Detail: draw
-Bass: zishan
-Mids: draw
-High: v20
-Soundstage: v20
-"Sound impact": zishan, the presentation Is more "on your face".

Little bit off topic at the moment, but just letting you know that Nichicon KW 220uf (at least the 16v rated ones) fit in the case (with some small adjustments)
KW are ok even on signal, comparable to FG ones, and is someone is interested in more than doubling capacitance there, it works.

Now I want to start to improve my ZS, thanks for the suggestion about caps, I'll change them. Plus, I'll lower output resistors on SE out.
Now Can someone suggest me 2x opamp for LPF (instead of op275) and one opamp for gain (instead of lm4572) to achieve a sound more open, with more detail and wider soundstage (without losing those awesome bass freq.s)?
Thank you very much

Jan 6, 2019 at 3:11 AM Post #1,452 of 3,711
I haven't modded mine yet, but I have asked many people, on here and in Russian forums, most people recommend ad8620 for op275, and preference changes on what to change the lm4562, I am waiting until I can find a friend to buy abroad because locally they cost $30

Jan 6, 2019 at 5:39 AM Post #1,453 of 3,711
Ad8620 can be brought on ebay for about 10$ from reliable sellers like joaoccabral and others like tevatronix.
Of course you can buy for much, much less, but you will never know if they are actually legit.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2019 at 5:47 AM Post #1,454 of 3,711
Just received the zishan 4497 kindly sold by musicday.
Short impression: I tried with 1more quad driver (32ohm, 1 DD 3BA) good detail, punchy bass that I like a lot, pleasant mids, highs are a bit weak (not a lot, just a little bit compared with the sabre on my v20), soundstage is not wide.
In conclusion v20 vs zishan:
-Detail: draw
-Bass: zishan
-Mids: draw
-High: v20
-Soundstage: v20
-"Sound impact": zishan, the presentation Is more "on your face".

Now I want to start to improve my ZS, thanks for the suggestion about caps, I'll change them. Plus, I'll lower output resistors on SE out.
Now Can someone suggest me 2x opamp for LPF (instead of op275) and one opamp for gain (instead of lm4572) to achieve a sound more open, with more detail and wider soundstage (without losing those awesome bass freq.s)?
Thank you very much
What are you going to do with the resistors?
What values?
What kind of res?

Jan 6, 2019 at 6:11 AM Post #1,455 of 3,711
Yeah I know, and through certified ad sellers it's like 13-15 for ad8620 but none ship to this country, allot of eBay guys don't sell or ship here also, and there is no way to get it in my country, and besides that, our national post office is known to "lose" allot of packages containing anything related to technology, (i lost 3 out of 5 packages from 11/11)and honestly people here have a bad reputation for being dishonest buyers and sellers so I don't blame eBay sellers that refuse to send or sell to people here. So I will wait patiently, until I have all the right parts then mod it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back