The Zishan dsd's corner
Dec 1, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #1,186 of 3,711
Which opamp is best to put in Zishan DSD for sound quality? listening most of all rock/metal...
Thinking about muses01 or OPA1622 or v5i-D

The way that the DSD is assembled, the Op-Amp socket is between the two circuit boards - so op-amps can't be very much taller than a standard DIP chip.

Dec 1, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #1,187 of 3,711
Output at 3.5mm jack is distorted, hissing, plops, and only right channel works :frowning2: :frowning2:
Balanced 2.5mm output works ok.

Did you tried changind the opamp (in the socket) to see if it fixs the 3.5mm output ?
I would also clean the flux near the other opamps.
The dirty AD8620 also looks strange, is that a chipped corner? did the paint got cooked, or is just dirt?

I bought a standard DSD AK4497EQ and I'm waiting for it to be delivered.
Thanks for the detailed photos, maybe I'll try that mod later.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #1,188 of 3,711
Did you tried changind the opamp (in the socket) to see if it fixs the 3.5mm output ?
I would also clean the flux near the other opamps.
The dirty AD8620 also looks strange, is that a chipped corner? did the paint got cooked, or is just dirt?

I bought a standard DSD AK4497EQ and I'm waiting for it to be delivered.
Thanks for the detailed photos, maybe I'll try that mod later.

I didn't change anything, since balanced output at 2.5mm socket is 100% ok, and that output uses same opamps, I suspect it is faulty 3.5mm socket.
My seller contacted manufacturer and they confirm it is faulty socket. They send one to me so I can replace it myself instead of sending unit back to China.
There are more stories about faulty 3.5mm sockets in these Zishan devices,,,,, not a good thing....

Dec 1, 2018 at 2:58 PM Post #1,190 of 3,711
I didn't change anything, since balanced output at 2.5mm socket is 100% ok, and that output uses same opamps, I suspect it is faulty 3.5mm socket.
My seller contacted manufacturer and they confirm it is faulty socket. They send one to me so I can replace it myself instead of sending unit back to China.
There are more stories about faulty 3.5mm sockets in these Zishan devices,,,,, not a good thing....

I can't read chinese, but the diagram in the taobao link you posted, says the 2.5" output only uses 2x of the orginal op275, because of this I was under the impression the last opamp in the socket (the original LM4562) + what looks like some discrete transistors (from your photos) only goto the 3.5" output....

Dec 1, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #1,192 of 3,711
I can't read chinese, but the diagram in the taobao link you posted, says the 2.5" output only uses 2x of the orginal op275, because of this I was under the impression the last opamp in the socket (the original LM4562) + what looks like some discrete transistors (from your photos) only goto the 3.5" output....

That is true.

The two OP275 op-amps, in the Low Pass Filter sections, being driven by the differential outputs of the AK4497 DAC - are what provides the Balanced 2.5mm TRRS output.
They also drive the input to the socketed op-amp, which provides the Single-Ended 3.5mm TRS output.

Dec 1, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #1,195 of 3,711
I don't have cheap ones

Thanks guys, just tested with V5i-D and 49720, both work flawlessly :wink:

So it is the crappy dual opamp from which they scratched the top so you cant see the partbumber

20181201_213908.jpg
20181201_213752.jpg
20181201_215113.jpg

Dec 1, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #1,196 of 3,711
Got Zishan DSD AK4497 recently, but I encountered a few problems, please help me out if anybody knows about the background of these;

1. Sound output through 3.5mm is loud, but pops and hisses and it's really fatiguing to listen to.

2. 2.5mm output sound is less loud than 3.5mm, but distorts big time. Almost unusable levels of distortion.

I use Tin Audio T2 IEMs. Have both 2.5mm & 3.5mm cables.
I noticed distortion when i used the internal volume control at low levels.. I discovered that it was the switching power supply that I use to power and charge the unit.. this problem is not here with the z3.. I suggest using a battery.. but if the power supply is anywhere in the system it distorts the sound especially at low levels

Dec 2, 2018 at 6:04 AM Post #1,198 of 3,711
So new firmware update yet? I look through the some of the pages and there is literally no link to a firmware update. (unless I'm blind.) Shuffle doesn't work, play the only folder don't work, some others options not working as well.

Post#538

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1skLjk4l

I tried to download, but it seems it needs BaiduNetDisk installed.
Tried it, didn't work for me. Will ask supplier for download and send to me.

Downloadlink Wetransfer, downloadable until 11 December 2018:

https://we.tl/t-vj0I4DHi7K

Have fun :)

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #1,199 of 3,711
I slided the gut of the Zishan DSD (std 4497) out to take a good look. Well, I scratched the screen, 0.5" inch long, upon sliding the PCB boards back into the metal case. It turned out that there was a small burr on the inside of case waiting to scratch the screen :frowning2:. It is a good thing that I did not buy it for its look.

With the "good look" gone, I guess I will mod the sh!t out of this thing. :)
How about a Burson V5i-D opamp? Must be a permanent install, however.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2018 at 1:28 PM Post #1,200 of 3,711
Post#538

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1skLjk4l

I tried to download, but it seems it needs BaiduNetDisk installed.
Tried it, didn't work for me. Will ask supplier for download and send to me.

Downloadlink Wetransfer, downloadable until 11 December 2018:

https://we.tl/t-vj0I4DHi7K

Have fun :)

The DSD I bought this past Summer, already has the ". H" firmware installed.
I just wish they would add the feature to play m3u Playlist files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back