The Xonar Essence STX Q/A, tweaking, impressions thread
May 22, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #3,256 of 5,721
the stock I/V opamps the JRC2114 is already bass heavy, the AKG Q701 is bass light, so yeah sorry your screwed.

No amp will fix it. Try using an equalizer like Electri-Q

OMG, that sad. I was thinking about swaping the three original opamps with three 49710ha. Is this a good decision? My bass is not going down with these opamp right? Cuz some said their bass improve a bit plus some quality of sound with the 49710HA

May 22, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #3,257 of 5,721
Quote:
OMG, that sad. I was thinking about swaping the three original opamps with three 49710ha. Is this a good decision? My bass is not going down with these opamp right? Cuz some said their bass improve a bit plus some quality of sound with the 49710HA

I have LME49710HA, you actually need it in 2xLME49710HA to DIP8, and its a HUGE adapter, you cant put 2 next to each other in I/V, I tried, with spacers and no shield... not a good idea, not very stable, worked though.

It will improve bass CLARITY, the stock JRC2114 are muddy, NOT QUANTITY.

the Q701 are just lacking in subbass, and some midbass.

Using an equalizer is really your only hope if the JRC2114 did not have enough quantity.

May 23, 2012 at 7:03 AM Post #3,259 of 5,721
Quote:
I'm using Xonar ST with my Altec's Speaker and AKG Q701. It sounds good for me with the speaker but not with Q701. The Q701 really lags the bass, feels light as feather. Can anyone please recomend me the best combination of OPAMP that would give my Q701 the punch of bass.

Replacing the op-amps will not add more bass, you need to use equalization for a real difference, or different headphones (e.g. DT990 if you prefer open).

May 23, 2012 at 8:48 AM Post #3,260 of 5,721
Quote:

Replacing the op-amps will not add more bass, you need to use equalization for a real difference, or different headphones (e.g. DT990 if you prefer open).

thats what I said 
rolleyes.gif

May 23, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #3,261 of 5,721
Quote:
it is hi-res wallpaper of chime of tiger logo.i did myself on 3ds max.

When i went to the link a virus scam poped up.

May 24, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #3,263 of 5,721
Quote:
HD800's are not that great.  The ORIGINAL ones are superior IMHO...

Original?

Superior in enjoyment does not equal superior in SQ

May 24, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #3,265 of 5,721
Quote:
ST is superior than the STX no?  Or are both identical sounding in spite the CS2000 used to help lower jitter on the ST?

I doubt the jitter on the STX is audible anyway, in the Stereophile test all jitter products are below -120 dB. I do not know if the ST fixes the 44.1/88.2/176.4 kHz noise problem, though. Of course, only the ST supports the use of the Xonar H6 for multichannel output.

May 24, 2012 at 9:53 AM Post #3,267 of 5,721
Quote:

I doubt the jitter on the STX is audible anyway, in the Stereophile test all jitter products are below -120 dB. I do not know if the ST fixes the 44.1/88.2/176.4 kHz noise problem, though. Of course, only the ST supports the use of the Xonar H6 for multichannel output.

Yeah...wrong word to toss out.  I'm just interested in the "definitive" sound difference between the two as most have preferred the ST, but I see plenty enjoying the STX to the extent that if the ST was in fact superior, well, it should have shown by now with a lot more posts in this big arse thread about the ST rather than the STX.  Still curious if there has been any definitive conclusions out there about one vs. the other though, and what precisely one hears that another does not hear, etc. etc.

Kinda sucks the sampling rates do what they do.  Will this ever be fixed???

May 24, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #3,268 of 5,721
Quote:
Very true, and meant to say the HD600's...

I figured 
rolleyes.gif

its likened to ultrasones vs denons (with the current specials you can get a pro750 for the same price as the D2k)

More often then not, you will enjoy the Denons more, despite the higher clarity of the Pro750 (This is all based on other opinions, but I am quite sure my deduction is correct.)

Yeah...wrong word to toss out.  I'm just interested in the "definitive" sound difference between the two as most have preferred the ST, but I see plenty enjoying the STX to the extent that if the ST was in fact superior, well, it should have shown by now with a lot more posts in this big arse thread about the ST rather than the STX.  Still curious if there has been any definitive conclusions out there about one vs. the other though, and what precisely one hears that another does not hear, etc. etc.

Kinda sucks the sampling rates do what they do.  Will this ever be fixed???

windows output 24bit 48kHz
MusicBee output-> WASAPI + resample 48kHz

done

May 24, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #3,270 of 5,721
Quote:
Can someone post/e-mail() me a link to buy the LME49720 OP-AMPS for my Xonar ST.

Thanks a bunch!

dont put your email out on the forum like this. you become a target for spammers.
try ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back