The Xonar Essence STX Q/A, tweaking, impressions thread
Feb 26, 2012 at 2:17 AM Post #2,988 of 5,721
I think they are. But they are single so you need 2 per on an adapter.

Feb 26, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #2,992 of 5,721
Silly question...I have a pair of d2000's hooked up to the headphone port of my stx. Sound great btw. I have a pair of hd598's on the way and want to be able to switch easily between the two for different types of music. Can I use the line out port for the second pair of phones and just switch in the xonar control panel and not have to physically switch?

I thought I read somewhere that the line out might even be better...not sure.

thanks...

Feb 26, 2012 at 2:45 PM Post #2,994 of 5,721
I do know this that's why i skipped all those which require soldering but tried those which don't so for me 49860 as I/V and i forgot which one as a buffer (did it more than a year ago) sound best but i was curious if 49990 are worth buying from eBay already presoldered especially since Audioo-GD ones are more expensive plus not so cheap and quick shipping so u can't just get EARTH and MOON try them and return if you don't like them

Feb 26, 2012 at 3:44 PM Post #2,996 of 5,721
Quote:
Silly question...I have a pair of d2000's hooked up to the headphone port of my stx. Sound great btw. I have a pair of hd598's on the way and want to be able to switch easily between the two for different types of music. Can I use the line out port for the second pair of phones and just switch in the xonar control panel and not have to physically switch?

I thought I read somewhere that the line out might even be better...not sure.

thanks...

According to the information, the line output offer the highest measurements.
However, if you like the headphone features like Dolby Headphone, it is not available through the line output.
As to your other question on front panel header, try it out, it can be noisy based on a certain things.  Make sure you mute the mic input or it can pick up noise when nothing is connected.

Feb 26, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #2,999 of 5,721

Users who are viewing this thread

Back