The Xonar Essence STX Q/A, tweaking, impressions thread
Jun 25, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #2,447 of 5,721
Great thread! Horribly long. :wink:

I have a problem with my STX, see here for details: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/559963/problem-with-2-channels-with-asus-xonar-essence-stx

The software isn't working when in 2 channel mode! :frowning2: Please reply over there or PM me if you know anything that could help.

Jun 28, 2011 at 5:44 PM Post #2,454 of 5,721
Doing my sound engineering course suggests that the only thing that 'burn-in' applies to and is readily able to be ABX tested sufficiently is things of mechanical nature such as headphones and speakers for sure. Anyways, my setup if you have looked at it has a rather 'bright amp' and 'laid back' speakers, and so far the combo with the 2107's + 1364's is not too bad. @ chinesekiwi will the 2111KP's be as revealing, yet neutral on my setup as the 2107's that I have atm? I have tried the 49720's that came with my friend's 'Deluxe' version of the card and was disappointed by the weirdness of the bass, which was very off putting. In my loft atm I am quite happy with the linear frequency response that my new speakers (the DALI's that I mentioned in my setup) display in sinesweeps going right down to where the suggested frequency response of the speakers say they go down to and a little more as they are backed against a wall, and any extra 'oomph' I can then then add via the sub which I seldom use unfortunately. Personally I'm not quite sure I could do any better, but I would really love to hear any ABX difference(s) that you have noticed in the 2111KP's vs the 2107's which I have heard were a cheaper alternative to the metal capped OPA 627's. As with the DAC's I am indeed a fan of the 'Burr-Brown' sound so I would like for all intensive purposes to stick with them. Any insight is greatly appreciated,

Jun 28, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #2,456 of 5,721
Hey guys i just bought this card together with a pair of Beyerdynamics Dt 990 Premium 600 OHM + Matrix M-Stage Amp

I'm planning on using this mainly for Dolby Headphones and games

So my question is how should i plug the amp?

Should I use the headphone amp which will force me to use an adapter ( the amp inputs are RCA ) or should i use RCA cables?

I'm asking because I don't know if Dolby headphone works through the RCA outputs of the Xonar, and besides the Xonar is supposed to amp through the headphone out, wont I be using two amps if I plug the M-Stage Amp in there? Wont I lose signal quality with two amps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back