The Xonar Essence STX Q/A, tweaking, impressions thread
May 16, 2009 at 1:55 PM Post #46 of 5,721
I was told that it would happen anytime soon : ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Forum- Share your problems here.

if you want it so bad, go +1 in that thread..can't hurt
biggrin.gif

May 16, 2009 at 2:06 PM Post #47 of 5,721
Depends I am not sure if there is 2 or 5 year warranty on the elite pro. If it´s 2 years it died 2 months to late. Now that is if it´s not the mainboard. Been acting up a lot lately.

May 16, 2009 at 8:36 PM Post #49 of 5,721
Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it 110 % guaranteed that bit perfect will become available? Also curious how well the DDL Live works? don´t work all the well on my Elite PRO but then it´s not officially supported either.

Yes, ASUS stated this is a planned update and has been on the schedule for ahwhile now. DDL works fine on the card but is a waste of serious analog muscle.
You going for the STX or waiting for the ST?

May 17, 2009 at 8:24 PM Post #51 of 5,721
Quote:

Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so all you guys left it at 76%?

Sorry, but I've been looking at all kinds of settings and I don't understand where this is you are talking about. I'm running Vista 64bit if there's any difference.

May 17, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #52 of 5,721
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cynips /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, but I've been looking at all kinds of settings and I don't understand where this is you are talking about. I'm running Vista 64bit if there's any difference.

on XP SP3, w/ the latest drivers and the STX :

that's the default.

May 17, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #53 of 5,721
Oh, in the mixer. Hadn't even noticed that one
redface.gif
so yes, it's at 76%

May 17, 2009 at 9:07 PM Post #54 of 5,721
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, ASUS stated this is a planned update and has been on the schedule for ahwhile now. DDL works fine on the card but is a waste of serious analog muscle.
You going for the STX or waiting for the ST?

I am trying to play cool and wait for the ST. Or if I decide I just want some good cheap digital transport a bit hard to decide.

May 17, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #56 of 5,721
Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am trying to play cool and wait for the ST. Or if I decide I just want some good cheap digital transport a bit hard to decide.

The waiting game. Buying PC hardware is tricky. No matter what you buy, a little while later there is somthing else that you wished you had of waited for or bought instead.

May 21, 2009 at 2:02 PM Post #57 of 5,721
I've got no idea why my first impression OOTB w/ the 49720 resulted in a such bad SQ w/ ASIO on XP SP3(sound was muffled/distorted/poorly filtered)....so I put back the stock op-amps, and it was much better in KS! then I decided to put the 4562 and it was a major leap ahead
eek.gif

so after 3 days, I've decided to put back the 49720, and they indeed sound ever so slightly even more refined in KS
smily_headphones1.gif

so do yourself a favor, get some samples from National for $10 shipped....and sit down before putting the cans on your head, I'm this kind of guy who only takes perfection as an answer...and it's hard to fault this soundcard SQ-wise
eek.gif

soundstage becomes HUGE and very involving, you're in the middle of the music....and the distorsion is simply inaudible, plus there's zillions of small details you had no clue even existed
L3000.gif

but ditch all your mp3's, lossless is the motto! the remastered "enter the dragon" OST is simply out of this world

May 21, 2009 at 2:18 PM Post #58 of 5,721
it seems that the 49720 has clearer trebles, but slightly less bass than 4562
confused.gif

but all I crave for is clear trebles, I can live w/ a bit less bass!

http://www.audiocom-uk.com/mod_inner.asp?id=67

Quote:

the CD63 uses an active op-amp circuit based on the JRC2114, another flavour of the industry standard ‘NE5532’ op-amp. We upgrade these op-amps to the excellent LME49720. This op-amp is essentially the same as the LM4562 but on A/B tests we have found the LME49720 is less “Hi-Fi” sounding. The LME49720 has extremely low noise, low distortion and high speed and provide stellar filtering for the DAC output.

May 22, 2009 at 5:22 AM Post #60 of 5,721
Hi everyone, I purchased the STX and just got it today however my computer is not detecting the sound card and I tried installing the drivers that it saids "please plug in your asus...stx audio device". The problem is very similar to Funky-kun who posted earlier here. I had the pci express on default which was "auto". I set it as 100mhz, but it still doesn't work!!

Here is a link to my motherboard, it is a gigabyte p35 dq6 board.
GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - Manual - GA-P35-DQ6 (rev. 1.0)

On the PCI express lanes, I have already installed a nvidia 7900gs card on the first x16 slot and on the second x16slot which actually has only x4 lanes I installed a areca 1210 hdd PCI-express x8 controller card. Help please

Users who are viewing this thread

Back