The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0
Feb 29, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #1,171 of 1,243
So after being turned on to the Auvio tips by Twin (amongst others) on the forums here I have had to reorder my favorite cheap iem's list. The Piston 2 has absolutely blown me away with how good they sound now and the Rock Zircons ain't too far behind! Sorry my long time fav. ED9 but you have been unseated...
tongue.gif
 The Piston 2 just sounds too good to not get the love it deserves and takes the place right now as my favorite cheap iem. Following close on its heals is the now much improved Zircons and my ED3 Acme & ED9 will follow. 
I still love the detail, build and options of the ED9 and they will stay close by but right now most all my cheap iem headtime goes to the P2 & Zirc's.
Unbelievable...

JMHO & YMMV

FYI I paid over 20 bucks for the P2 on feebay from a trusted seller long ago...if your paying 3-5 bucks and think your getting real ones think again. There are search results to tell original from fakes on Google.

Mar 5, 2016 at 1:45 AM Post #1,173 of 1,243

So I obviously need new tips for mine: http://i.imgur.com/CkFC525.jpg

Yours look sweet - where would you suggest to order them?

Hi veikko77,

I ordered the Piston earphones from Amazon.com (USA site). I ordered the RE Series Bi-Flange tips from the HiFiMAN site (here is a direct link: http://www.hifiman.com/products/detail/25 ).

Hope you enjoy them. I switch back and forth between these and the stock triple-flange tips.

Apr 18, 2016 at 10:40 AM Post #1,176 of 1,243
Been seeking for upgrading from stock tips for a while now mostly because of better fit. I know for a fact foam tip is a good option to resolve the fitting issue I'm having but I'm more interested to try out some double/tripple flange tips instead.
Will there be any little or major impact in SQ if I go for double/tripple flange tips? Also, what could be some good double/tripple flange tips to go with Piston 2?

Apr 18, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #1,178 of 1,243
Been seeking for upgrading from stock tips for a while now mostly because of better fit. I know for a fact foam tip is a good option to resolve the fitting issue I'm having but I'm more interested to try out some double/tripple flange tips instead.
Will there be any little or major impact in SQ if I go for double/tripple flange tips? Also, what could be some good double/tripple flange tips to go with Piston 2?
I don't have Piston 2 but I love the triple flanges on my original Pistons. I've switched to triples on a lot of my iems.

Apr 18, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #1,179 of 1,243

I use triple-flange tips because I want the noise isolation.
I prefer the 2mm ones because they fit my ears better.  They're harder to get on the big nozzle but they will stretch to fit.

The 4mm tri-flanges are too thick for me.

Apr 19, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #1,180 of 1,243
  I got these tips, and they worked out really well w/ the Pistons, they are my #1s now
http://www.amazon.com/AUVIO-Large-Silicon-Tips/dp/B00MY9T7AO?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00

They look comfy. Would you mind telling how significant the SQ change with these?

I don't have Piston 2 but I love the triple flanges on my original Pistons. I've switched to triples on a lot of my iems.

That's my intention too. With the triple flanges, do you feel like any SQ improvement over stock tips? Also, any recommendation on some quality triple flanges?
  I use triple-flange tips because I want the noise isolation.
I prefer the 2mm ones because they fit my ears better.  They're harder to get on the big nozzle but they will stretch to fit.

The 4mm tri-flanges are too thick for me.

Cool. Could you share the link of the tips you're using?

Apr 19, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #1,182 of 1,243
:)
They look comfy. Would you mind telling how significant the SQ change with these?

That's my intention too. With the triple flanges, do you feel like any SQ improvement over stock tips? Also, any recommendation on some quality triple flanges?
Cool. Could you share the link of the tips you're using?
Comfort was my objective so I didn't pay close attention to exactly how it changed the sound but it wasn't detrimental. I used the ones I already had in my collection so I can't offer any suggestions on what to buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back